+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Have you ever seen Tim get so emotional over a final four before? As the numbers dwindled this season, he kept telling them he was proud of them, etc. What is it Tim sees in their designs that the bloggers don't?

I hope Leanne wins. I grok her aesthetic and love that her inspiration is from nature. Her color pallette is Spring/Summer and consistent throughout her collection.

I also like the earthtone pallette Korto presents with the emphasis on a grassy green and bronze. No, her wedding dress wasn't close to traditional and her bridesmaid dress was plain, but she deserves to be at the tent. Jerell is who he is, but this time he embellished too much. (Actually his wedding dress with the half drape and half tulle also looks like it was inspired by the McQueen dress in the photos above.) Maybe it was the springy flower head piece that knocked him out. Anyway...Kenley stole from McQueen and Leanne. Notice the draping on the bell skirt for the Bridesmaid dress...looks more Leanne than Kenley.

I just can't get over Tim Gunn being so teary...it was kind of scary.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

i am beyond angry that jerrell went home over korto.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Grr... Jerrell shouldn't have gone home. I know that Kenley had a better showing with her two pieces, but they should have considered everything thus far because Jerrell has produced far superior work.

I agree with Arielflies. That bridesmaid dress Kenley made was very much in the Leanne style. Then again, Kenley's aesthetic is all about borrowing. And she was complaining because Korto and Leanne shortened their bridesmaid dresses! Like she is the first one to make a short dress ever. I didn't care for any of the challenge dresses. They were far too short. I don't know if Jerrell is, at 28, too old to develop the aesthetic and the editing sense to be a great designer. He does have ideas but lacks discipline. Look at Christian. At 21, he has a definite point of view (however much you might disagree with it, and I do in many ways), and he has great technical skills. And of all times not to listen to Tim Gunn, Jerrell should have really taken in his criticism of the wedding dress. Leanne did and I thought her new dress was just lovely. And looking at the previews for next week I noticed crazy Morgan is back. Yipeeeee!!! I hope Kenley gets stuck with her and she goes out dancing with her ripped-off wedding dress. I know, that was evil. I am going to go and smack myself.
    Last edited by busilis32; 10-09-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Even though Jerrell has been one of my favorites all along, and I've been railing against Kenley the past few weeks, I was okay with this decision. I didn't like Jerrell's collection at all. I don't think it reflected the creativity, innovation, and editing he's shown all season. In fact, I didn't like a single piece of it - perhaps just not my taste. I think the other three look fantastic. Really I want to see three strong shows in the finale; these were the best three, judging by Tim's visit.

For me, Kenley redeemed herself a bit in this episode. I was really touched by her losing her grandmother - having recently lost mine (also a lovely, fashionable woman and an inspiration to me), I couldn't help feeling sympathy. Plus when she immediately apologized "for being such a bitch" when she walked into the hotel room, I was really impressed. Season 1 Wendy never really admitted any fault. Santino, however, did apologize to Chloe, and I liked seeing the three finalists get along during the finale even though Santino had bugged me during the season.

I was also incredibly moved by Korto's bio. Really I wanted this for her the most, after the life's journey she's already had! I didn't care for her wedding dress either, but I liked everything else I saw. She'll put on a great show.

I think we'll see three really strong shows. Very talented women!

I loved Leanne's dress. It was the only one that really looked like a wedding gown. Kortos was more of an African tradition, thus the earth tones and the ear of corn as a bridal bouquet. I can see women buying that dress if they were having a Africian theme wedding. I've seen these dresses used before at wedding. I didn't care for Kinnelys dress and quite frankly who would want to be in a dress for 2 hours that made of feathers.....too hot. Jarrell's dress was a hot mess. Just way too much going on at the boobs, and all that tuille at the bottom was a trip hazard waiting to happen.

Someone posted that Korto didn't deserved to be in the final three. I beg to differ, because all of this girls designs were well executed. I am still amazed over the seat belt coat, and the DVF black and yellow dress. Way better than Jarrell's. He was more of a hit or miss with me. Sure the wedding gown didn't go over well, but the all the others out weighted Jarrell's.

It's my guess that Leanne would win, as she should. Kinnely is stuck in a time zone.

Did any noticed that none of the dresses had a veil? Maybe that would have helped in the visual or even a groom standing next to the model would of helped as well.
    Last edited by princess07; 10-09-2008 at 10:29 AM.

But doesn't anyone remember Kenley swearing up and down about how she DOES NOT pay attention to what other designers are doing??
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3214680;
    Oh my sweet baby Jesus, it just gets better and better.

The slight differences can be explained with THIS McQueen dress from the same collection in the jpg I attached.

So basically, what she did was take two of his dresses and merge them, use the feathers and coloring from the first dress and created her own "original" design. How the hell did this slide past Nina? Because of all people, she would KNOW where this dress came from!

How she did not get disqualified for this I have no idea. At this point, I call producer interference.
    Truth is, Kenley advanced because the judges, all 3 of them, wanted her to. Jerrell should have advanced last week, period.

When Tim went to Korto's house, I thought that Korto's dresses were all ugly, the colors, the design, it was just too much (for me). Like Jerrell's wedding dress better than Korto's, the design, top part especially.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3214810;
    But doesn't anyone remember Kenley swearing up and down about how she DOES NOT pay attention to what other designers are doing??
    She is lying.

+ Reply to Thread