+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Don't worry take solace in the fact that in about a year he will be asked to design an outfit inspired by some car, and be featured in a commercial.

I don't know if it's really a spoiler what I'm saying, but I'm going to post it in spoiler quotes just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Korto's wedding dress isn't even in her final collection. So, I mean did she make a new one or what?
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I have to say, if Kenley wasn't going home, I would rather Korto get a chance to compete. As much as I love Jerell, his stuff always had too much of a fantasy element that didn't translate to the marketplace.

But imagine if Korto had been auf'd at this point...she would have thrown herself in front of a subway train. You've got to have the mom as one of the finalists!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3214583;
    I don't know if it's really a spoiler what I'm saying, but I'm going to post it in spoiler quotes just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Korto's wedding dress isn't even in her final collection. So, I mean did she make a new one or what?
    It's possible that the judges only scored the wedding gear for this semi-final, and in the finals only score the ten-piece collection. Maybe they gave the designers the option to include the wedding gowns in the show or not?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Okay. That would make sense. Thanks!

I just assumed that they were required to make them and include them in the show, but I guess not!

I guess that's a good thing though because I mean if you don't have to include it, maybe they could throw in other piece that the judges will go crazy over.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Are you sure it wasn't in the collection? I thought I saw it when I looked at the pictures, it just didn't look like a wedding dress.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I just checked again on the bravo site and I didn't see it. However, there is a white dress in there towards the beginning that may have been put in to replace it.

I may have overlooked it though, but I don't think it was there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3214569;
    I thought that Korto's dress was very ethnic, and that was ignored.. they acted like they don't understand it at all.....
    I was thinking the same thing. I think the judges kind of chucked her desire to retain her African aesthetic out the window.

A few of the outfits in Jerrell's collection were let downs. One reminds me of the bra you get because it's on sale. It stands up and looks totally artificial. One of his dresses stand up and out by itself in an unflattering way. I do like some of his black pieces though. I would totally picked Jerell over Leanne. A little bird could have got in the judges ear about the qualities of the collections.

As much as I love Jerell, his stuff always had too much of a fantasy element that didn't translate to the marketplace.
    I kinda disagree. Christian's certainly wasn't translateable to the marketplace. Unless you're 5'10" & 90 lbs. And only wear black with puffy sleeves.

+ Reply to Thread