Re: Week 9 Creations - "Avant Garde" Zodiac Challenge

Kenley

Leanne

Blayne - Auf'd

Terri - Auf'd

FORT Fan

Horrible, absolutely horrible pictures!

I'm not a fan of the dresses either, they look like maternity gowns, and look everything but flattering on the models. Would any woman want to wear a dress that makes a willowy stringy model look like a heffer?

But GOD, those pictures are horrible! The models seem to be stricken by a severe case of swollen head. Stumpy short legs, mangles proportions overal, and freakishly huge heads bobbing on their necks.

The only model who's actually selling her dress is Leanne's model, with Suede's model as runner up.

Blayne should be flogged for putting that abysmal creation on that poor girl. She's trying to make it work, but nobody can make that abysmal rag work. It really is your great grandmothers underwear made into a... god what do you call that anyway... besides hellishly ugly?

"My name is Jerrel's model, and I just got into a fight with a flock of birds, they were trying to build a nest in my hair".

"Hi I'm Terri's model, I used to be a man, now I make ends meet on broadway"

Joe's model should sue God for making her look like that. That's just plain cruel.

Actually I think Jerrell's model is - for once - selling the dress. I think she's a terrible model and if Jerrell is smart he'll pick up Tia or Xaviera next week. But he's too nice.

Anyway, I think these pictures show the designs much better than the runway and I definitely love Jerrell's alot more than I did before.

MY TAKE ON WEEK 9 FASHIONS

JERELL – I still cannot see the winning look on this ensemble, except that it was well executed and worked well for the challenge. Truly avant garde and actually the most innovative out of the box ensemble of the group. Just WAAYYYY too out there for me but.. that what avante garde actually means

KORTO – This frock was definitely beautifully executed and just gorgeous to me. It was very feminine and flowy but also just a tad too safe

JOE – It was to Carmen Mirandaish to me and slightly unflattering. Not really loving this one

SUEDE – Turned into Terri this time with a pant and flowy top, much like the one she did for the Brook Shields challenge only not as well executed. It looked a little amateurish to me.

KENLEY – Just way too much and too many over the top items. If she only did the top and made a more form fitting skirt it might have made it but this was just awful. She stole ideas from 50s avant garde and did not execute very well, although I loved the leather halter; just nothing else

LEANNE - Some people liked this but to me it was just too drapy and ill fitting. It bored me in a monotone, nothing interesting way

BLAYNE – WTF WAS HE THINKING!!?? This looked like a naked dominatrix with colored toilet paper between her legs. It was just all kinds of awful

TERRI – Actually I had no real problem with this outfit. It was no where near the best but it was also no where near the worst either. I believe fully that Terri’s attitude auf’d her. The gown is avant garde; just not quite well executed. I still believe that either Suede or Kenley should have been auf’d

Wow... disappointing across the board. I'm glad Jerrell finally won one, and I think it was well-deserved on this challend.

Have to say I wasn't surprised on the eliminations this week at all. Hopefully they make up for it with next week's challenge.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

What exactly were the signs they were supposed to do? I only know Jerrell's (Sagittarius - a bit literal with the headdress ), and I can only guess Joe's as Pieces and either Joe or Korto as being Aquarius (and here only because they're both blue).

Jerrell's is suprisingly good for him - however, I really think it'd been even better if he used a solid color for the skirt or one that complimented the top better.

Korto's is another favorite of mine because while a little safe for her, I love how the sheerness of the fabric shows that there's a shorter skirt underneath.

Joe looks like he had Pieces - she looks like a fish. It's not bad, but I think the top needed to be higher to really look good.

Suede's is OK, but she looks like a Harem girl instead of a zodiac sign.

Kenley's - the best way to describe hers is it reminds me of a perfume bottle. Why I have no idea.

Leanne's - if she hadn't put the black all the way down the bottom half (just done the head part - slightly below waist) it would look better.

Blayne's - bad color on the model, and the colorful fringe doesn't make sense.

Terri - nice to see her do a dress. The dress looks good by itself (all gold) the other stuff is a mess.

Jerell's was the only successful rendering of an avant-garde garment. The rest were either unsuccessful attempts at a good idea (Leanne, Kenley), or just plain bad ideas that were also badly made (the rest). Joe's was the only other look that was very well made. It was an excellent execution of a "fire" costume concept, which has been done to death both on the show and in the world in general.

Overall, I wasn't thrilled by the parameters of the challenge itself, but part of that is because of the designers it was given to. I'm not impressed with anyone this year, really. Korto comes close, but that's about it. I'd be interested to see what this challenge would have produced in other seasons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

All the dresses were ugly in my opinion, I was really underwhelemed! I couldn't believe the designers didn't just blow our minds, i thought the concept of this challenge was really good and really left alot of room for some good creativity, and no designer went there...I think Joe's had the most...Pretty dress, but that was about it.

As for Kenley, I think her outfit DID show Aquarius, but she went with the more abstract/generalize ideas of Aquarius versus the more obvious which everyone else went.

I liked Joe's design a lot on the show, but in this pic it looks like Joe is the one Heidi should have been talking to about "boob placement". The top of the bustier portion looks ridiculously low and it makes his model look like she is oddly proportioned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast