+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 9 Creations - "Avant Garde" Zodiac Challenge

FORT Fogey

Re: Week 9 Creations - "Avant Garde" Zodiac Challenge

I thought Jerell stole Leanne's silhouette in the CAR competition with the big hips. I thought that it was something I've seen already at Lacroix or Galliano. I thought that Leanne should gone berserk with the black thingies and added more around her dress and make it more Viktor and Rolf. But from the back with the red dress showing more, the impact of the black thingies was lost. And she should have use stiffer fabric, but the overall silhouette did evoke a little hint of Chalayan.

FORT Fogey

Did anybody else think that both sets of designers looked uncomfortable when the returning designers came out? I would guess that they sign a contract for a time frame and can be used as PR sees fit, even if it means dragging you back from home against your will.
    The remaining designers may have thought that the returnees were being given another chance and certainly may have resented that. Didn't they do that in
    season 3, bring back people?

There was nothing good about those pairings...didn't Tim blog that several of the groups worked single-handedly because of issues not shown on TV?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3197494;
    Did anybody else think that both sets of designers looked uncomfortable when the returning designers came out?
    I noticed! Stella in particular looked totally annoyed that she had to be there. Fortunately, she seemed to be happy to be paired with Blayne. And I bet the designers that were still IN the competition were totally scared that the auffed designers might get back in... or that they would have to design an outfit for them.

VERY happy to see Blayne leave. And I used to like Terri, but her attitude totally sucked in this episode. I agree with the judge who said that if you want to be a designer you have to be able to work with people - you will have many assistants, and you HAVE to be able to delegate to them.

Leanne is turning into such a surprise isn't she? She definitely does not dress or style herself anything close to the way she can design.

FORT Fogey

I thought Stella looked pissed for several episodes now. She really was a one trick pony and I was surprised that she was selected to be on the show. Wouldn't people have to submit some kind of book /video that would demonstate that the designer can do more than black "leatha" biker stuff? It seems that since she is being asked to do more than balck leather, she has had an attitude. She certainly did nothing to help Blayne if she didn't offer some suggestions about improving the basic design.....of maybe she was happy with it. LOL

Leannne came so close to being sent home with that horrible Brownie dress and hat. Thank heaven she ( at least) was able to listen to the critiques and edit her subsequent designs...all of which have been beautiful.

I loved Korto's and Joe's garments. Suede's genie outfit was cute as well.

I think Karalynn is a gorgeous girl, but she isn't wearing Leanne's frocks very well.

Wow, Terris dress was really bad. It looked like the gold skirt was made of stretchy polyester or something. Cheap!
    Jade needs to get laid - Nigel Barker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123