+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Post articles and speculation about the forthcoming season, which will move PR from New York to Los Angeles as it moves from Bravo to Lifetime.

Use spoiler tags for any appropriate spoilerish info, please.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Runway Season 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Exclusive: Season 6 of 'Project Runway' pushed to January

Sep 5, 2008, 07:00 PM | by Lynette Rice

In a surprise development, Lifetime has confirmed that it won't debut the sixth season of Project Runway until January so it has more time to promote the show that it swiped from Bravo last spring. It had been expected the show would debut on its new network sometime this autumn. "With this move, the series will resume its traditional cycle of two seasons per year," according to a Lifetime spokeperson. "We look forward to ringing in the New Year by giving Project Runway loyal fans a superlative season six with Heidi, Tim, Nina, and Michael. The new date and time will be announced soon.”

The news comes as a lawsuit over the rights to Project Runway continues to wind its way through the New York courts. Bravo's parent company, NBC/Universal, is alleging that the Weinstein Co. shopped Runway to Lifetime before giving its home network first refusal. NBC/Universal also is attempting to block Lifetime from marketing and promoting future cycles of the show.

One source familiar with the lawsuit believes the delay (the show had been set to debut sometime in late fall) has less to do with the ongoing litigation and more to do with Lifetime's inability to get the production together for an autumn start. Bunim-Murray Productions, the company behind The Real World, is now producing Runway since Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves left the show when it moved networks. A Lifetime insider, however, says production is on schedule and the new cycle has already been cast.
    Newsflash for the Lifetime spokesman: The 2 seasons per year thing is not "traditional." They rushed seasons 3 and 5 into production in order to make September Fashion Week rather than wait until February's.

And of course the delay is due to the lawsuit. They can't promote the show until it is resolved. All those Lifetime promos with Carson Kressley on that big airplane don't make any mention about PR's arrival this fall. Because they're not allowed to yet.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well, as long as they keep the format the same, i dont have a problem with it. Still, i would like the show to stay with Bravo because its the channel i love but whatever.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

I read that the production moved to LA for half a season to keep Heidi happy, but that they would do the NY shows.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3191639;
    Well, as long as they keep the format the same, i dont have a problem with it. Still, i would like the show to stay with Bravo because its the channel i love but whatever.
    I think Bravo has dropped dramatically in quality content.

Drunken Housewives, OCD Matchmakers, Celebrity Stylist-Homeless Looking edition, Whinny Millionaire Realtors (okay, I admit I got sucked into the last), trying to force the format with Top Design & SG2.

I have no problem switching over to Lifetime to watch. And hey, they can bring Top Chef over as well if Bravo continues to sink into the slime. (I'm just concerned about the new directors)

Bravo has always straddled the fence when it came to classy vs. trashy. When this "new" Bravo first debuted in 2003, the first two shows out of the gate were Queer Eye for the Straight Guy...and Boy Meets Boy.

I guess with PR leaving, the seesaw is tipping more on the trashy side. Hopefully they'll come up with some shows to restore the balance.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;3191718;
    I read that the production moved to LA for half a season to keep Heidi happy, but that they would do the NY shows.
    I'm so glad to hear that. I just can't stand LA fashion week. And showing at NYFW is a great honor whereas... you get my point.

FORT Fogey

Bad news about bringing in Bunim-Murray (I hate the Real World). Well, those who watch the show for the drama will love that. Well, at least, it would help with the ratings and would give PR longevity. I just hope there's no cross-overs from the Real World. I can just imagine Tim Gunn saying, "Designers, you're challenge is to design for Coral of the Real World."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3191787;
    Bravo has always straddled the fence when it came to classy vs. trashy. When this "new" Bravo first debuted in 2003, the first two shows out of the gate were Queer Eye for the Straight Guy...and Boy Meets Boy.

I guess with PR leaving, the seesaw is tipping more on the trashy side. Hopefully they'll come up with some shows to restore the balance.
    I know! Did you see the previews for the Real Housewives of Atlanta?! Dreadfully tacky!
    Last edited by watts; 09-13-2008 at 12:27 PM.

I am upset that Magical Elves will not be producing. I think that took the wind of the upcoming seasons' sails for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast