+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Premium Member

Re: Project Runway Season 6 (Lifetime?) - News and Speculation

Well that is a good idea, but I kind of feel sorry for the designers whose collection is being shown to not being able to proudly say this is my collection that I worked so hard for. But it is a good idea for the show itself as some people wouldn't like to be spoiled and know who showed ahead of time. JMO.

FORT Fogey

I think it's OK because when the final airs on the show, they can relive their glory day, and get their due recognition. Because if they are good enough to show, like Christian, they get to show at FW again (if not at the tents).

Shameless semi-off-topic name-dropping: I ran into Malan Breton in a bar a couple of weeks ago, and he said he was showing in February too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Hasn't he been doing that for a while now? I think that he's been like an Andrew Gn-type designer who has a substantial-sized social clientelle that he can afford to show.

Well after 4-5 episodes have aired of S6, I think we'll be able to tell who designed what for FW because by that time, we'll see their way of making clothes. Every designer has their own individual style of making clothes, and their respective styles will definitely come out in their FW collections (that is, if they made one).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I know what you mean. Like Jerrell's clothes was a bit messy, unfinished, and unpolished; and, he showed the same quality on the final runway. And Suede's clothes during the challenges matched his final runway mess. How do you guys feel about NYFW moving out of Bryant Park next year?

From what I've read, I don't think it will be a good move.

(Here's a news story on Fashion Week's troubles with Bryant Park, and one on their decision to move to Lincoln Center)

Moving to Lincoln Center sounds nice, but apparently they don't have the space they once said they did, plus the space is oddly laid out, which will mean long, maze-like treks between shows on the campus. It doesn't start until 2010, so hopefully they can improve the plans by then.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-03-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Tomorrow is Project Runway at Fashion Week at 8:00 am. I'm sure we'll just see Heidi and not the designers themselves introducing the collections, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on the audience. I bet the designers showing are in the front row.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Well the Bryant Park show is over, and there are pictures: (Don't click if you want to wait till the show airs, whenever that is)

Here's an article from Newsday that has picture sets of the final 3 collections. Apparently the live audience was not introduced to the designers either, so nobody knows who they are yet.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Found this at the USA TODAY website:

Less pomp on the 'Project' runway this season

NEW YORK The applause was polite, the energy muted. The scene in the tents at Project Runway's Season 6 show was surreal, at the very least: Three collections strutted down the catwalk but the three designers who created them were sequestered backstage, unnamed and invisible, as per the NBC Universal vs. The Weinstein Company showdown which continues to keep Season 6 off the air.

NBC, which owns Runway's longtime home Bravo, sued the production giant for breach of contract for taking the series to Lifetime without giving NBC the chance to make a counter offer. Bravo announced Thursday that Isaac Mizrahi and Kelly Rowland will co-host the network's answer to Runway's departure, The Fashion Show, a competition series premiering later this year.

"I'm a little bit sad for our designers," host Heidi Klum told the audience pre-show. "Please give them all a big applause today, even though you don't know them. We're all in a bit of limbo." Clad in a shiny fuchsia blazer, matching skinny pants and spiky pumps, she introduced the judges, as per tradition: Michael Kors, in smoky aviators; Nina Garcia, in a black-belted, Michelle Obama-purple strapless sheath; and newcomer Suzy Menkes, the formidable fashion editor for the International Herald Tribune.

The ghost collections emerged. No. 1 was heavy on knits: slouchy sweater coats and raw-hemmed dresses coupled with leather (or pleather) black motorcycle jackets and high-waisted, bad-Sandy-from-Grease cigarette pants. No. 2 featured more Michelle Obama purple and touches of teal sewn into seamed and ruffled silhouettes that evoked two Runway grads: Christian Siriano's petal work and Rami Kashou's drapery. No. 3 began with a black armor-like corset reminiscent of Jean Paul Gaultier's Blonde Ambition costumes for Madonna and continued with more bondage/bandage details, including lacy lattice work woven into pants, jackets and dresses. Pied Piper-esque hats and medieval-looking chain strap wool helmets, all in black, capped the mostly black and gray looks.

"I wish we could bring out the three finalists, but we can't," mentor Tim Gunn announced from the catwalk post-show. His tone was, as he said, like "a nervous dad."

"We have a smashing, sensational season for you," he said. "We can't wait for you to see it."

Siriano, however, isn't so sure he'll be tuning in, whenever that might be. "I actually think I'm less intrigued because I know what the finale was" he knows the end before the beginning "so it's a little hard. But, you know, if I have time, of course I'll watch," he said with a giggle.

As for the clothes and any evidence of a Runway renaissance, "I didn't really see a fresh start, but I will say I saw some great knitwear, which is exciting." The best adjective the Runway darling could muster? Consistent. "I felt like a lot of the designers, maybe they have really similar aesthetics, whereas I think other seasons, you see so many different personalities. I felt like all these collections almost could be the same one, just a long one."

Siriano praised the last collection's "good vision" and the first for being "really cool and wearable. I wasn't blown away," but "I thought last season was so bad that, I mean, it was so much better than that."

Other Runway alums in attendance: Carmen Webber (in silver, zebra-striped leggings and feather-festooned red yarmulke-like cap), Suede, Ricky Lizalde, Blayne Walsh (in neon green pants and orange-y tan face) and Chris March, whose signature cackle cracked above the pre-show hubbub. Sitting front row was one of the men in responsible for their mini-fame, Bob Weinstein.
    Link

+ Reply to Thread