+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 8 Creations - "Foreign Affair" Challenge

Kao

Re: Week 8 Creations - "Foreign Affair" Challenge

I'm thinking it's just the pictures which is why I never judge by them; Leanne's and Korto's designs were fabulous when you saw them in action but not so hot here.

Also, that coat Terri made was awesome.

FORT Fogey

While I was watching the episode, I thought Korto's dress had a strange hemline. Now that I see that pic, the hemline's uneven, yet the judges dint point it out. Hmmm... Maybe they were hypnotized by the print.

Overall, I like all the designs except Jerell's. He took the spy look a bit too literally, and it's a mess. I feel sorry for the model - but she's a trooper wearing several of the outfits he's made.

My favorites are Korto's and Leanne's. And, I agree Terri needs to step out of the box and try a dress.

I just love Leanne's dress. That back was beautiful and so unexpected from the way the dress looked from the front. Was so glad she decided to shorten the jacket, it turned out great. Wonder how many people will order this outfit from AmEx?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3190217;
    I just love Leanne's dress. That back was beautiful and so unexpected from the way the dress looked from the front. Was so glad she decided to shorten the jacket, it turned out great. Wonder how many people will order this outfit from AmEx?
    I agree! I loved it and wish that I was tall and thin enough to wear it. Leanne has been turning out some pretty nice pieces. Still don't like this season much though.

I still havent seen the episode yet but based on the pictures, i love all them outfits. Yes, even the "bad" ones but hey, i need to see the episode in order to fully see the best and the worst. So for now, i think theyre all good.

But what is up with Kenley's model's face. Its sooo... evil-looking.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

MY TAKE ON THIS WEEK’S CREATIONS

LEANNE – I found this rather dull and matronly. The jacket just does not real good for this frock and the gown reminds me of an old 20s movie. That said, it is well constructed. Just not my taste, I suppose

BLAYNE – Waist up, it is quite interesting and innovative; waist down quite unflattering. She looks like she is wearing ill fitting bloomers

TERRI – Yes, it is another pant suit ensemble but it is very well executed and stylish. She has that Laura touch on her creations; the same but not quite

SUEDE – Just awful. Ill fitting, ill contructed, just bad. It looks like a high school project gone wrong

KORTO – While I wasn’t blown away by this frock, it was an eye catcher solely for the splash of yellow with the black/white fabric that set it apart. She is innovative and does listen to the criticisms of Gunn and the judges and she does step out the box

JOE – Nothing here, it was just boring

KENLEY – This was a chance to really step it up and she played it safe instead. Mind you the frock is quite nicely done but when you are trying to impress a fashion icon, you do not just make a simple dress.

JERRELL – What the HECK was he THINKING!!?? This is just strange in so many ways, It looked more like a drag queen costume than an ensemble worthy of a runway

STELLA – Once again, a mess. It was the wrong fabric the wrong execution and it just looked very bad.

Kenley was actually wearing -almost-the same dress herself during the runway, with a few differences on the shoulders, etc. How original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12