+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

What do you all think tho, even if it is the threQUOTE=ChristoferHawkee Bearcata mentioned (and they are the strongest) do you think they are up to the finalists in the last four (?) years? I think this is the weakest bunch yet.[/QUOTE]

Not one of these remaining designers can hold a flame to the designers from past seasons. I agree, this is the weakest bunch yet. By this time in past seasons I would have guessed who would have been in the final three. This time I have no clue. MAYBE Leanne, Jerel, Kenley. But who knows, none of them are very strong.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3189081;
    Okay all you experts. Just who is Rachel Zoey and why should I care?
    Rachel Zoe is a Hollywood Stylist to the stars, who is about to have her own vanity/reality show on Bravo (the Rachel Zoe Project). I saw the preview episode and found it very hard to watch. I really question the professionalism of any stylist who would allow borrowed couture clothing to be hung on racks that allowed them to drag on the ground, much less kept those racks in her basement that doesn't have sufficient drainage to prevent flooding.

I'll save the rest of my thoughts on that for when/if there is a Rachel Zoe Project thread.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3189101;
    Joe is still around because he's straight, doncha know! Just mention it to him and he'll go on for an hour about his wife and kids. All right Joe, we get it, god forbid if people confuse you with a "HOMOSEXUAL" EEEK! I agree with you that it could very well be an all female final three this year. Maybe Jerrel might sneak in but it would be mighty iffy. What do you all think tho, even if it is the three Bearcata mentioned (and they are the strongest) do you think they are up to the finalists in the last four (?) years? I think this is the weakest bunch yet.
    Out of the designers left I think Terri, Korto, Leanne and Kenley are the strongest. Korto maybe having the biggest wow factor. Leanne is sorta hiding under a bushel. But compared to previous seasons where there was always at least one I hated and another I could wow about. Maybe it's that there are no abrasive personalities and unbridled ambition spilling over. I don't know. Maybe we should just call this the milque toast season. I just wish Stella could have somehow bridges the gap between her style and Dianne von F's. That would have given me something to coo over. All I can say is that I cannot believe Joe is a designer as he has consistently shown us he is a poor seamtress/tailor and I totally don't get why he is still here. Blayne and Suede what's the diff... one's tan, one's blue get them out of here. Notice how I constantly overlook Jerrell. He talks big but I notice he is always safe and in the middle. At least Leanne, Kenley, Terri and Korto are constantly in the top three (sometimes the bottom) but most often the top three. That says something right there. Oh, lets go back to the original question; personality wise this season is mild compared to the previous ones. Design wise, I don't know. I see a lot of designers stuck in their niche and having trouble getting out of their comfort zones. I just hope I see more wow from them before the end of the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3188322;
    I believe she said that "My ego was too big to be here anyway". I'm not really sure what she meant by that but I loved her comment about to Tim about Rachel Zoe, calling her "the stylist with the oversized moo moo dress and waist band that didnít know any better.Ē I love that she says whatís on her mind.
    Yes, that was hilarious! I would love to see whatever she said as the quote on the front of the page.

When she talked about her ego, she meant that she has been in the bottom way too many times for her own liking, which is understandable. Nobody wants to find themselves at the bottom many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3188324;
    Why is Joe still here, I would have perferred to see Stella stay and Joe go.

For some reason I get the feeling we might be seeing an all female finale three of Leanne, Kenley and Korto.
    I agree, I preferred what Stella made. Joe's outfit was just all kinds of bad and he should have been sent home for that.

And yeah, it's pretty obvious a woman will win this season. I just don't see Suede, Blayne, Jerell, or Joe beating any of the women left, though I will say that Jerell is a dark horse. The females this year have been much stronger than the males.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3189101;
    Joe is still around because he's straight, doncha know! Just mention it to him and he'll go on for an hour about his wife and kids. All right Joe, we get it, god forbid if people confuse you with a "HOMOSEXUAL" EEEK!
    Yep. I do not like this guy and this is a huge part of it. He has no chance in this business. Not one.

Diane Von Furstenberg was scary! She looked like she escaped from the "drag queen" challenge.

Kao

She's been around since the 70s and looks great for her age; especially considering how many of her peers are no longer with us.

Stella's father passed away on Wednesday afternoon. She asked Andy not to say anything on the 'WWH' interview after the show.

Maybe Korto has a really sour personality, but some people just look serious all the time. Given what I heard of her personal history, she has every reason not to be spewing rainbows. I personally have a very dour look all the time, and I have to remind myself to smile and not let the corners of my mouth sag when I am paying attention to someone. Nevertheless, after many a negative evaluation/comment from my students I had to tell them "I'm not mad. My face just looks like this." Of course, I would never dream of putting this mug on television.

I think Leanne is the only truly creative talent in this season (if pushed, I would add Korto). The rest are just competent (very, in the case of Terri) or less. Yeah, that's just Blayne. Just get your licious self out of Parsons once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3191028;
    She's been around since the 70s and looks great for her age; especially considering how many of her peers are no longer with us.
    So I guess that she looks good considering the option!

+ Reply to Thread