+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3188676;
    Did anyone else notice the AmEx commercial with DianeVF? It featured a beautiful long gown that looked like it was made of the same material the Korto picked. I wondered if that helped her or hurt her or made no difference at all...?

Yes, & at first I thought Korto won the challenge & they screwed up by showing the commercial prior to showing who won the challenge.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;3188476;
    Google "Heidi pooping fabric" and you'll find a few articles that mention her saying that.
    That sentence just made me LOL.

Like a lot of people said, I think a shrug of some sort would have completed Kenley's outfit. I would have liked to seen her make one with that black lace she used. But that dress was perfect.

FORT Fogey

I too saw the same fabric in the commercial and was sure Korto had one. I'm sure if she has a lot of items with that fabric that it would make a difference in the decision, but though she should have been 2nd due to better meeting the entirety of the challenge.

I wasn't that impressed by any of the designs like week, they were all just OK. I'm glad Stella finally got auf'ed, her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And how did Blayne slide by? His outfit was hideous! I am liking Leanne more and more, she is really showing her talent.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3188322;
    I believe she said that "My ego was too big to be here anyway". I'm not really sure what she meant by that but I loved her comment about to Tim about Rachel Zoe, calling her "the stylist with the oversized moo moo dress and waist band that didn’t know any better.” I love that she says what’s on her mind.
    That was the best line of the show so far, with tim trying to make amends: “Sorry Rachel Zoe - we only mean it in the nicest way.” Stella retorts: “No I don’t. I really mean it.”

I'm guessing that Rachel Zoe has styled Mary-Kate because they have exactly the same look (only Rachel looks ancient/worn/old/badly-nip/tucked/hard).

I don't think Korto won because DVF already had a dress very, very similar to what she had made (not that Leanne's wasn't deserving, I just think it was a factor in the decision).
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-04-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Kao

O no, my LETHA woman is gone! Looks like I only have Jerrell left to get my luls from!

I loved her attitude and hated to see her go; IMO Joe (who I also like) should have went just because of that tsunami of an outfit he created. SHe mentioned her ego was "too much for the show" but also said that she learned a lot and had a great time. I liked the idea she had and the fabrics, but the execution wasn't the greatest.

Absolutely LOVED Korto's and Leanne's designs. I'm glad I waited until after I saw the episode to comment because the pictures on the site really didn't do them justice. Still loving Terri...I don't see anyone bitching about the others constantly making dresses so I don't see what the problem is with her making pants is because she can cut and tailor the hell out of pants. I liked the cut of Kenley's dress but not the fabric design. Personally, I hope they go with a Final Four in Bryant Park instead of three...with the women battling it out.

I am getting more and more annoyed about how they handle the models. IMO, they should give last weeks winner the choice like they do now. BUT if the winning designer doesn't want to change they should at least give the other designers the opportunity to switch for the model of the auf'd designer. I don't like this current situation where the model is completely at the mercy of their designer's talent.

Okay all you experts. Just who is Rachel Zoey and why should I care?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3188872;
    O no, my LETHA woman is gone! Looks like I only have Jerrell left to get my luls from!

I loved her attitude and hated to see her go; IMO Joe (who I also like) should have went just because of that tsunami of an outfit he created. SHe mentioned her ego was "too much for the show" but also said that she learned a lot and had a great time. I liked the idea she had and the fabrics, but the execution wasn't the greatest.

Absolutely LOVED Korto's and Leanne's designs. I'm glad I waited until after I saw the episode to comment because the pictures on the site really didn't do them justice. Still loving Terri...I don't see anyone bitching about the others constantly making dresses so I don't see what the problem is with her making pants is because she can cut and tailor the hell out of pants. I liked the cut of Kenley's dress but not the fabric design. Personally, I hope they go with a Final Four in Bryant Park instead of three...with the women battling it out.
    I really liked both Leannes and Kortos designs the best, though Leanne is such a milquetoast that I would think New York will eventually chew her up and spit her out and Korto has such a chip on her shoulder and the most vile, sour expression all the time. She needs to learn to get rid of that "Attitude". I think the reason that certain designers seem to be favored by the judges is that they can put their "Singers" where their mouths are, that is they not only have interesting design ideas but they can sew as well. Some of these so called designers are like freshman design students.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3188324;
    Why is Joe still here, I would have perferred to see Stella stay and Joe go.

For some reason I get the feeling we might be seeing an all female finale three of Leanne, Kenley and Korto.
    Joe is still around because he's straight, doncha know! Just mention it to him and he'll go on for an hour about his wife and kids. All right Joe, we get it, god forbid if people confuse you with a "HOMOSEXUAL" EEEK! I agree with you that it could very well be an all female final three this year. Maybe Jerrel might sneak in but it would be mighty iffy. What do you all think tho, even if it is the three Bearcata mentioned (and they are the strongest) do you think they are up to the finalists in the last four (?) years? I think this is the weakest bunch yet.

+ Reply to Thread