+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3188214;
    No, roses, Korto has kept the same model since eppy 1.

Kenley annoyed me with her constant interruptions of the judges. While I appreciated that she stood up for herself & her design (and wasn't defensive like Keith), she never gave them the chance to finish a sentence until DvF said "I like the dress".
    You are right about that, I did not care for the interruptions, but I am glad that she did not simply take it, because her dress was actually good this week. I don't like her, but I agreed with the fact that it was a dress she should be proud to stand behind. Next week I am sure she will go back to annoying me.

BTW.. I just wanted to mention that I really enjoyed Diane Von Furstenberg as a guest judge. I enjoyed both guest judges come to think of it.

I wanted to puke when Blaine said that DVF enjoyed a guy with a tan. A guy with a tan-yes. A human TANgerine-no.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 09-04-2008 at 02:21 AM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I went from noticing Leanne to cheering for her to loving her designs. She also had a really cute bit slinking around corners like a spy.

She was also lucky in that her model was a blonde - she could go more Marlene Dietrich in her look - but that didn't take away from the silken, seductive dress paired with a lot of sculpted fabric in the shortened jacket. Once again she took Tim's advice and re-worked the jacket for the short look rather than the "regular" look. Leanne is someone who listens, while Stella isn't. I love Stella and that she has a definite aesthetic, but it doesn't translate into the different looks for the different challenges.

Korto really worked a terrific outfit. I loved the bright yellow solid under the black/white print. The rest were so, so, but I thought Jerrell had an interesting touch with the hat he put on his model...it elongated his whole outfit.

Good Show! Next week...two male figures behind the screen...but I somehow don't think they are the actual challenge. Then again...
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

I'm glad Stella is gone if only b/c I hated that tacky leathah hat she was wearing. That thing looked so gross. However, I thought Joe's was much worse b/c of the sloppy construction. That looked like it was made my a home seamstress who had overstepped her ability. It actually reminded me of stuff I made in high school when I took home ec. Hem lopsided. What a beginner mistake! Stella's was ugly, but overall, the construction was reasonable.

Just a little shrug wrap would have made Kenley's awesome. Leanne definitely hit the concept right on. Some of the others (Joe!) where just trying to hard w the cheesy Shanghai look.

Kay

I thought for a minute Kenley was going to win. Her dress would have been much easier to make. I didn't think it was that great, but it stood out from the others because it was simple, very colorful, and it worked great with her model. I am so happy Leanne did something other than a little skirt. I thought her design was beautiful. She is the real talent in this bunch. Suede's dress was just barfalicious. That print was overwhelming. I think Terri's obsession with making pants is going to come bit her in the backside. What she does, she does just great, but there's no real variety in her work. I think Blayne got through today only because the bottom three was so dismal, and at least his work was finished. But what was up with those pants? They looked like something someone would wear to a disco in the 70's. He probably has the worst aesthetic among all the contestants this season, and he seems proud of it. He couldn't leave soon enough for me, especially after those comments about the Olsen twin. Just creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3188222;
    Stella's parting comments were an indication that she can take it or leave it...a good attitude in this business.

Great show!
    Does anyone know exactly what she said to Heidi? I was only half listening and it sounded to me like she said something about being too good to be on that show anyway.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3188314;
    Does anyone know exactly what she said to Heidi? I was only half listening and it sounded to me like she said something about being too good to be on that show anyway.
    I think she said her ego was too big for the show, which given how stubborn she was about doing her thing, sounds pretty accurate. I really liked Stella at the end. She came across as very self-aware, which is something you cannot say for people like Blayne and Suede.

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3188314;
    I believe she said that "My ego was too big to be here anyway". I'm not really sure what she meant by that but I loved her comment about to Tim about Rachel Zoe, calling her "the stylist with the oversized moo moo dress and waist band that didnít know any better.Ē I love that she says whatís on her mind.
    CYA

Why is Joe still here, I would have perferred to see Stella stay and Joe go.

For some reason I get the feeling we might be seeing an all female finale three of Leanne, Kenley and Korto.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3188324;
    Why is Joe still here, I would have perferred to see Stella stay and Joe go.

For some reason I get the feeling we might be seeing an all female finale three of Leanne, Kenley and Korto.
    We could even see a finale final four, with Terri bringing up the rear. Tim is always defending her about her constant use of pants, and I see his point that she knows how to make it varied and interesting. Even though I don't like Kenley, I think the four women left are way better than the men. The previews said there would be a double elimination next week. If they only got rid of Suede and Blayne. The TV gods don't love me that much though.

FORT Fogey

Stella. This was not the arena for her and she knew it. She has a style and she is sticking to it. She got some great exposure to boost her already established career and left with a good attitude.

I don't like Joe, I never have. His outfit was horrible and no where near anything that would appeal to Diane even if it had been executed well.

I like Kenley. Her personal style is quirky and her overbite is really, really cool. I love overbites, I married my husband for his. Her dress was stunning and Diane loved it. She said it would have won if she had made a jacket. It would have sold more than the evening dress that took first place, that is for sure. The judges liked the fact she defended herself and were not put off by her interrupting. Kenley apologized when she realized she was talking over them. What more can you ask than an apology when one has made a mistake? She is enthusiastic and passionate.

Leanne. I adore this woman! I saw her dry wit immediately. I expect to see her at Bryant Park. She does excellent work.

Korto. What is wrong with this woman? Diane Von Furstenburg praises your work and you don't smile or say thank you!? She has no affect other than being sour in her diary talks. She doesn't smile and I don't like her. Her outfit this week was phenomenal, though. Fabulous jacket and the addition of yellow to that print was fabulous.

Terri. She is getting flack for doing the same thing, repeatedly, but Laura and Uli made it to Fashion Week without compromising their individual styles. I like what Terri creates. I live in jeans and T-shirts so pants appeal to me.

Blayne is just a nuisance. He and Joe will be gone next, in no particular order.

Jerell. I don't know what to make of him yet.

This episode seperated the wheat from the shaft for me. There was no chance of choosing the wrong fabric and they had a very broad design vision to in which to create.

Though Blayne, Suede and Jerrel slipped by it was only because the bottom 3 failed so miserably.

+ Reply to Thread