Kenley

Re: Week 7 Creations - Saturn Car Parts Challenge

Stella

Blayne

Suede

Terri

Keith - Auf'd

I liked Leanne's dress but those bumps on the hips makes it look like she stuffed her underwear.....oh wait...nevermind

The top 2/3 of Kenley's outfit was cute and the peplum thing was creative but I just don't think it works over that skirt

Blayne's dress was all kinds of wrong from the horrible fit to the carwash skirt

And Keith.....see ya...
    Last edited by Bunny555; 08-28-2008 at 08:18 AM.
    CYA

There's something about the fit on Blayne's outfit over the chest that makes the model look like her breasts are of different sizes. I thought his fit was off in the Lipstick Jungle challenges as well (the bermudas) so I'm guessing he has some problems with it. It could just be because of time, but then he has time management issues in stead.

Both Terri and Korto made outfits that remind me of what they have made before, I'm not seeing anything new in them.

Stella and Leanne are in my top two, the third spot is either Jerrell or Kenley. As for the rest: meh.

Leanne has really stepped up her game IMHO, and I'm now starting to see a scenario where she could be one of the Top 3 showing at Bryant Park. This was another good job from her. (though her model's pose in the picture above is awful...) Though I initially thought they were going to give the win to Korto, I have no problem w/ Leanne winning.

Love love LOVE Korto's coat dress.

Jerell's? Eh...it's OK, I guess. I wasn't as wowed by it as the judges apparently were.

Joe's was not bad.

I thought Kenley's turned out pretty good, in spite of her mini-hysterics over her model dropping out. (What is it with the models this season and dropping out of the competition?)

I agree w/ the judges on Stella's. The two pieces don't look like they go together. Separately, I like them. Together, not so much.

I didn't mind Blayne's dress as much as the judges did, though I agree that the top was really poorly fitted.

Suede's...eh, whatever. The top is kinda cool, but the overall outfit doesn't rock my world. (And, am I wrong or did we get through an entire episode without hearing Suede talk in the third person? )

I like Terri's outfit (even if it does look like something that should have come from Stella), but Terri is starting to grate on my nerves with her 'tude.

Keith's was blah and boring, and he definitely deserved to get auf'd last night.

God, i hate Jerell's model's makeup. Those... eyebrows...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3180169;
    I liked Leanne's dress but those bumps on the hips makes it look like she stuffed her underwear.....oh wait...nevermind
    I know, I can't stand that style but it's very "in", at least it was a season ago. Plus, Leanne's is the only outfit of the bunch that both gave the model a flattering silhouette AND was well constructed.

I am tired of Terri only making clothes that she would wear, she's like Laura Bennett only with opposite tastes. And while everyone else makes too many tiny cocktail dresses, Korto needs to stop making so many tents.

To me, Stella's was equally as bad as Keith's. Her skirt was unraveling on the runway during judging. I think if Keith had not been a spoiled baby to the judges, she might have gone instead of him. But it was definitely his time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really think that Terri needs to step outside her usual comfort zone and do something different. I am really over the pants and I have said it before. It did look more like something Stella would have done. I do think Terri is talented, but she needs to move away from the pants already. I am not loving her attitude, though.

Blayne's dress was hideous and he could easily have been the one to go. How he keeps getting by with his crap-licious outfits every week, I have no idea. The top of the dress was fitted very poorly, and I did not love the length with the pieces hanging down. It really looked tacky. But I think Keith's attitude and rudeness really sealed the deal. He was snapping at everyone, including his model who looked like she was about to cry. He went too far in the other direction and took the judges criticism too literally. So he made something plain and badly constructed and fitted. Maybe fringe really is his thing.

Stella was another one who could have gone, too. That outfit looked schizophrenic. The top and bottom did not go together at all and the skirt started coming apart on the runway. I don't see her staying on much longer.

I loved Leanne's little dress. It was perfectly constructed, designed and fitted. The moment I saw it come down the runway, I said, that's the winner. Perfect! Korto's coat dress was interesting and creative, but I really think Leanne was the clear winner. She got robbed in the New York nightlife challenge, so this was her time.

Leanne definitely deserved the win on that one, excellent work!

I'm sad that Keith left, but I knew it would've been either him or Blayne and since Blayne wasn't on the episode much, it was clear that Keith was getting the auf.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3180317;
    I really think that Terri needs to step outside her usual comfort zone and do something different. I am really over the pants and I have said it before. It did look more like something Stella would have done. I do think Terri is talented, but she needs to move away from the pants already. I am not loving her attitude, though.
    Uli made it to fashion week, never compromising her style, so did Laura. I like Terri's sensibilities and I think she will make it far.

Korto is another story. This coat is impressive but it is the same profile that we are going to see repeated. Big clothes, clearly inspired by African fashion is too limited and not current. I doubt she will make Bryant Park. I hope she makes it far because I want to see her smile. It is a little game I have, all by myself. She is a little gray cloud with a chip on its shoulder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast