+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I thought the top three were really well done. Especially the winning dress. Wow. That was cute. The coat was well done, but stiff looking (amazing job with seat belts). I loved the look of the other little top, but the fit was a bit off.

Still all three didn't look like they came from car parts.

I was glad that Keith left. He told his model not to sit down? He should have known that they sit to do hair and make-up. She even said they made her. If he was concerned, he should have gone to hair and make-up with her. I think I remember seeing other designers checking out their models down there. He should have told the hair and make-up guys that she could not sit down. And the construction of the skirt did seem a bit shoddy.

The right person went home, IMO.

I loved the promos which made it appear as if Keith was telling off Laura in regards criticism vs rudeness. I thought, Finally someone is giving it to the bee-atch the way she gave it to guy she accused of cheating during her 15 of fame. It's not hard to be stylish and confident when you're married to a 90 year old multimillionaire architect. They should just send her back to her penthouse let her pop out babies and design evening gowns for the old rich set.

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;3179890;
    leanns dress was really cool, but i think jarell should've won. i'm glad korto didn't win... i just didnt like her thingy. ;\

yay keith is gone!! bout time. i felt bad when he cried, tho, lol.

i think blayne's had potential to be really cool, if he'd fitted it better & had more time at the bottom fringe part. the glass parts were cool.

next episode -- diane von furstenburg!! (sp?) this one ought to be good -- everyone looks suuuuper stressed, haha.
    Did you all notice how P.O.ed Korto was when she didn't win? I got a big laugh out of that. She really gave the "Liberian Evil Eye" to the judges. Didn't even say thanks for "nothing". I really dislike her personality, she is soooo egotistical, tho she is very skilled in construction techniques (Designs are a little run of the mill.)

AS Lizard said, Terri is a little one note with the pants, but so is Leanne with the little skirt. Leanne redeems herself in that she makes fabulous variations on it, but it is still just a little skirt. I think she is the most talented of the bunch, and I hope this win gives her confidence because otherwise I don't see her making it to the end. She is just so quiet. I find that refreshing next to Kenley though. If I had to spend more than an hour listening to that adenoidal voice, I would perforate my eardrums with a large sewing needle. I have a feeling Blayne is going to stay longer than he should because the producers think he is amusing. I don't think a lot of other people feel that way, but maybe it is just me.

I feel sorry for Keith. Like Daniel, this competition was not for him. They just can't deal with the pressure. I mean, they hardly get any sleep in shows like these. A week for us is like 36 hours for them. They just go challenge after challenge, living with very irritating people and without any means to just get away (can't listen to music, watch TV, go anywhere). Some people can do that (I know I couldn't) but others cant, and I find both Keith and Daniel's protestations were just defense mechanisms. They couldn't cut it, so they retreated into this attitude that would make their failing everybody else's fault. One thing Keith needs to do is get out of freaking Utah, learn about the world, and come back when he has lived a little.

Korto's coat was pure couture. It didn't even look like seat belts (as opposed to that octopus Blayne made). It is not wearable, but as couture does, you can see it being translated into something more commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3180662;
    I loved the promos which made it appear as if Keith was telling off Laura in regards criticism vs rudeness. I thought, Finally someone is giving it to the bee-atch the way she gave it to guy she accused of cheating during her 15 of fame. It's not hard to be stylish and confident when you're married to a 90 year old multimillionaire architect. They should just send her back to her penthouse let her pop out babies and design evening gowns for the old rich set.

Oh, don't hold back ChristoferHawke...tell us how you really feel...

Oh, and if Kenley (the adenoidal queen) wins the next challenge, I see model wars looming in the future. She does not like her model, and she seems inconsiderate enough to take somebody else's. I hope she takes Terri's. I would love to see those fireworks.

^ Or Korto's.

Christofer, I *adore* Laura Bennett! She's classy & sassy. And who cares if she's married to a 70yr old architect and they have lots of money. Does that preclude her from not having her own career? No one cares if Nina is sassy, so why can't Laura be. (Though I do agree she went over the top accussing a$$hat Jeffrey of cheating.)

I love Laura Bennett, too, and would happily wear any of her designs.

While I did not like Keith's designs and thought it was right that he went, I do agree with his statement that criticism is different from insults. Common courtesy, politeness, and kindness should be the norm, yes even in business.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3180785;
    ^ Or Korto's.

Christofer, I *adore* Laura Bennett! She's classy & sassy. And who cares if she's married to a 70yr old architect and they have lots of money. Does that preclude her from not having her own career? No one cares if Nina is sassy, so why can't Laura be. (Though I do agree she went over the top accussing a$$hat Jeffrey of cheating.)
    I like Laua Bennett too, and so does Tim Gunn. He's used her on several past episodes of "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style." I don't think Laura's husband looks 70, and who cares if he's rich. More power to them!
    Susan

do we know why kenley's model had to drop out? isnt that the second model this season to drop out? didnt keiths have to in week 2?
    anyways - just wondering - i havent seen any explanation or opinions as to why the models are dropping like flies ...
    thanks for any help.
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast