+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Thanks Ariel, I apppreciate the info. This was a fun challenge.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3179882;
    LeAnne wins !

Keith goes home. I do think he has a somewhat good aesthetic but he really just needs to GROW UP! He needs to learn to take criticism and run with it.
    And leave the fringe alone!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

The editing telegraphed Keith leaving with his diary talks. They do this a lot. He wants to change the way the world dresses? pffffft Everyone, run to your closets and shred your clothes with the kitchen shears. Done.

Congrats to Suede for using personal pronouns! I wonder if he was teased or talked out of it by negative feedback that we did not see.

Keith sealed his fate when he complained on the runway. It was probably a toss up between he and Blayne at some point. I was not sorry to see him go; I never cared for his creations or personality.

It was so nice to see Laura again. What a confident, attractive and skilled woman!

I would have given Korto the win but the top three all did a fabulous job.

I was really impressed at how all the designers used the car materials for their outfits. I thought at first it would be a disaster because it looked like they had very little to work with. I liked all the designs but I agree with Keith going home because his dress wasn't finished in the back and his attitude sucked. I'm glad Leanne won, her dress looked very haute couteur.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3180184;
    It was so nice to see Laura again. What a confident, attractive and skilled woman!

I would have given Korto the win but the top three all did a fabulous job.
    I agree on both counts. Laura was by far my favorite designer from Season 3, and I LOVED Korto's coat dress.

I LOVED seeing Laura again! She seemed so natural in a judge's chair. I hope they use her again.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3180064;
    Five Saturn Vues were parked on the garage roof top and each was stuffed with parts that could be recycled. The challenge at the beginning was to stuff as much stuff as they could into a plastic bag and a wire cart. The most plentiful item was seat belts and that is why two outfits featured them and Leanne's used them.

Leanne WON! YAY!

I agree with the judges, but Stella got an easy ride to the next challenge. OMG DVF next week. I love the American Express commercial they've been showing recently where she uses inspiration from a forest grove. Didn't the cutouts on the inside of the elbows of the dress she wears in the commercial look like (ARGHH! Can't remember her name! From New York - family on Long Island) one of the dresses that was shown during the PR Bryant Park show last season? Can't wait to see next week's challenge.
    I believe you mean Jillian? I haven't seen the commercial yet, but would like to.

This challenge would have been a little better if they had been given more time and dismantled the cars themselves, or something a bit more challenging than was given. I honestly thought at first that they were going to have to do the same challenge that they did on Tommy Hilfiger's show, when they pimped out a car, at least PR didn't stoop to that level. They make them make designs out of weird items, they have to design for different people, but they design for PEOPLE, not cars.

Oh, crud! I have one minute to get to my meeting! Ta!
    Could does not mean should

Kato's dress/coat wasn't that good, don't know why the judges loved it so much. I would not wear it, no way.

Keith, he kept bragging about how good he is, how he should win, blah, blah, blah.

Leann's outfit, I think the cut, the fit, style is why she won

Jarrell was very good too.

I knew Keith was going home. I said it here after Heidi pointedly said that he does the same thing and not very well. I have noticed that on a number of occasions in the run of this show, designers will take the judges criticism too literally. That's what Keith did. He also was having a meltdown this week. He took himself way out of his comfort zone and did something that he did not believe in and would never have done under normal circumstances. That outfit stood out as clearly the worst. The fact that he was nasty and mean to the model didn't help either. She looked like she was going to cry. Why take it out on the model? If that skirt came apart that easily, then it was crap to begin with. Good riddance, Keith.

I was pleasantly surprised by the outfits this week. They all raised the bar and did quite well with a difficult challenge. I loved Korto's coat dress and Leanne's little dress. I thought Jerell's was good, too, but Leanne did a similar silhouette and did it much better. Jerell's bodice didn't seem to fit the model very well. But it was imaginative and creative and good for him.

I really wanted Leanne to win this time. I thought she should have won for the New York nightlife challenge with that gorgeous skirt, so I was really happy for her. Korto's was good and really interesting, but I just think that you can't ignore the perfection of Leanne's little dress. I wish I were a lot younger and thinner, so I could wear it. It was fitted to perfection, the design and construction was flawless. It just got my attention on the runway immediately. I think she is quietly working her way into this competition. She has real talent and seems to be gaining confidence every week. I like her point of view. She could be a dark horse here.

Jerrell is my favorite designer. Personality wise, I like Stella, Joe Suede. Leanne, Jerrell and Blayne. It's good that Keith cried in the end so that we could see that he wasn't a total ass. He is someone that cannot stand back and evaluate looks. He thought his drag outfit must be good because he spent so much time on it (but it looked like a cheap pinata). The car outfit had bad proportions. But none of us are perfect. He has to market his goods if he plans on having his own fashion line. So he better develop a personality.

I'm probably the only one in here that wouldn't be sad to see Korto auffed. I want Korto and Kenley auffed next because of their personalities (boring and whining or not quite all there).

Jerrell is right about Terri having only 4 patterns, enough with all the pants already. We all have pants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast