+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I absolutely loved this episode, and do wish they'd added Chris March to the judges (even with Ru Paul). he would have added so much to the commentary. I hope this becomes a regular challenge to the seasons. My other favorite was when they had to use natural materials (Andre's grass dress)...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3174039;
    Yep, they were together on-line with Andy Cohen after the show. I think the video is still on line at the Bravo site.

This was a great episode. I hope the momentum keeps up, though I worry about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rachel Zoe
    being the next guest. She irritates me to no end.
    I'm right there with you, PhoneGrrrl.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rachel Zoe
    gets on my last nerve...

I had to catch a re-run since I was watching the Olympics during the original airing. I'm happy that I'll be back to comment in normal time again this week!!

I liked Terri and Korto's designs more that Joe's. I think the thing that really put Joe over the top was Varla. She obviously liked his design and she SOLD IT!! She was charming both on the runway and with the judges! I don't blame Terri for being mad, but I would guess that it comes from frustration. As other posters have commented she is consistently doing great work that is putting her in the top, but then gets passed over in favor of one of the other designs. There have been multiple weeks now where I thought she was going to get the win, but didn't in the end.

I'm not surprised at all that Daniel got the boot, but I am annoyed so much more by both Blayne and Keith. With Blayne it is simply that I want to bang my head against the wall when I hear him adding -licious to the end of every word or saying things like "holla at-cha boy" to Tim. He just needs to shut his trap!!! Keith needs to drop the whole "starving artist" feel he has going on. He is always acting so "serious" about his "fringe techniques". If he really considers fringe techniques "his thing", he needs to get a new thing because his whole fringe thing is just not good. That monstrosity he made for his queen looked like a mop. A sad shaggy gray boring mop. Please PR judges, send Blayne or Keith home next....

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3176537;
    I had to catch a re-run since I was watching the Olympics during the original airing. I'm happy that I'll be back to comment in normal time again this week!!

I liked Terri and Korto's designs more that Joe's. I think the thing that really put Joe over the top was Varla. She obviously liked his design and she SOLD IT!! She was charming both on the runway and with the judges! I don't blame Terri for being mad, but I would guess that it comes from frustration. As other posters have commented she is consistently doing great work that is putting her in the top, but then gets passed over in favor of one of the other designs. There have been multiple weeks now where I thought she was going to get the win, but didn't in the end.

I'm not surprised at all that Daniel got the boot, but I am annoyed so much more by both Blayne and Keith. With Blayne it is simply that I want to bang my head against the wall when I hear him adding -licious to the end of every word or saying things like "holla at-cha boy" to Tim. He just needs to shut his trap!!! Keith needs to drop the whole "starving artist" feel he has going on. He is always acting so "serious" about his "fringe techniques". If he really considers fringe techniques "his thing", he needs to get a new thing because his whole fringe thing is just not good. That monstrosity he made for his queen looked like a mop. A sad shaggy gray boring mop. Please PR judges, send Blayne or Keith home next....

I am in complete agreement with your comments in bold. Blayne has overstayed his welcome and his "licious" attached to every single thing he says, is getting really old. He has not impressed me in the least. Keith did a good job when he teamed up with Kenley for the Lipstick Jungle challenge, but last week it was back to same old, same old ugly fringe. He seems pretty intense and has some of the same arrogance as Daniel. He may be gone soon, because it's always the kiss of death when the judges tell you that you do the same thing every week.

I still liked Joe's design and am glad that he won. Terri should have won a challenge by now and I do think she is getting very frustrated at being passed over every week. I did not love what she did for the drag queen challenge, but I do think she has been the most consistent. She easily could have won two challenges by now. But I think her time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3176891;
    Keith did a good job when he teamed up with Kenley for the Lipstick Jungle challenge, but last week it was back to same old, same old ugly fringe. He seems pretty intense and has some of the same arrogance as Daniel. He may be gone soon, because it's always the kiss of death when the judges tell you that you do the same thing every week.
    Regarding the comment in bold. I wish the judges saying that was the kiss of death, but I keep having flashbacks to Rami. They told him he kept doing the same drapey dresses and yet he stayed to the end. The difference, of course, would be that many of Rami's draped dresses were pretty while Keith's fringey dresses are not at all attractive. I think it is likely that he would have botched the lipstick jungle challenge also if Kenley had not affected the outcome of his design.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3177684;
    Regarding the comment in bold. I wish the judges saying that was the kiss of death, but I keep having flashbacks to Rami. They told him he kept doing the same drapey dresses and yet he stayed to the end. The difference, of course, would be that many of Rami's draped dresses were pretty while Keith's fringey dresses are not at all attractive. I think it is likely that he would have botched the lipstick jungle challenge also if Kenley had not affected the outcome of his design.
    I would not put Rami in the same league as Daniel. Rami showed his versatility throughout the competition and I think that one note rap was not fair to him. That denim outfit he did was great with the zippers, so he proved he can work with a difficult fabric. He also showed in his collection at Bryant Park, that he could go outside his comfort zone.

I guess what I really meant to say is that when Heidi says something really negative, then that person leaves fairly soon. She said she was not interested in seeing anything more from Jennifer and she left a week or two after that. She said negative stuff about Daniel and a week later he was gone. Now she said that Keith shows them the same thing all the time. So I would not be surprised if he goes next. He isn't good at taking criticism and is arrogant and has a bad attitude, just like Daniel. Maybe that's the kiss of death.

I do agree with you that Kenley teaming with Keith is what helped him make that great design. She was the one who told him to rework the blouse. Also, she worked a lot on the skirt and it came out looking clean and well made, neat and not sloppy. I think she contributed enormously to the execution of the garment. But that's exactly why Keith picked her. That was a smart move on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3177727;
    I would not put Rami in the same league as Daniel. Rami showed his versatility throughout the competition and I think that one note rap was not fair to him. That denim outfit he did was great with the zippers, so he proved he can work with a difficult fabric. He also showed in his collection at Bryant Park, that he could go outside his comfort zone.

I guess what I really meant to say is that when Heidi says something really negative, then that person leaves fairly soon. She said she was not interested in seeing anything more from Jennifer and she left a week or two after that. She said negative stuff about Daniel and a week later he was gone. Now she said that Keith shows them the same thing all the time. So I would not be surprised if he goes next. He isn't good at taking criticism and is arrogant and has a bad attitude, just like Daniel. Maybe that's the kiss of death.

I do agree with you that Kenley teaming with Keith is what helped him make that great design. She was the one who told him to rework the blouse. Also, she worked a lot on the skirt and it came out looking clean and well made, neat and not sloppy. I think she contributed enormously to the execution of the garment. But that's exactly why Keith picked her. That was a smart move on his part.
    But don't forget she was the one who wanted that hideous print for the blouse before Tim politely suggested they try something else...

It's hard to tell who is going to do something ugly, who will get auffed. My favorite for making beautiful things is Jerrell. Blayne has his own point of view; and there's something about Suede I find endearing. I like it that I haven't heard him talk in third person recently.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I soooo loved seeing Chris March back this week. I miss him desperately.
    I loved Joe's outfit and am glad he won. His drag queen was perhaps the prettiest one there.
    It was definitely a fun week!
    Blayne, Keith and Stella need to go home soon. Keith definitely should try mixing it up a little... all of his strips tend to be a little shapeless.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3178140;
    But don't forget she was the one who wanted that hideous print for the blouse before Tim politely suggested they try something else...
    I do have to agree with you on the comment about that hideous print. She was wrong on that one, but right one everything else. I still think they both managed to work very well together on that challenge, even though they are polar opposites of each other. With Tim's help, Keith managed to get her to let go of the ugly print and she helped him to rework the blouse and also did great work on that skirt. That's how you do swatches and make it look fashionable, neat and finished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789