+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3173139;
    Can anyone tell me why Keith was so broken up at the end? Was it because of being in the bottom two, or was it because Daniel was sent home? Did they have a thing going? If Keith continues to create those annoying swatch designs, he will be following Daniel very soon.
    For the life of me I can't remember where, but I DO recall reading something somewhere that said that two Project Runwayers had a "romance" this season that didn't get "on screen".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3173146;
    For the life of me I can't remember where, but I DO recall reading something somewhere that said that two Project Runwayers had a "romance" this season that didn't get "on screen".
    Thanks, but I thought that was Wesley and Daniel. Unless now there is a threesome with Keith in the mix. He really looked heartbroken to see Daniel go.

I wonder what is really going on behind the scenes with these people.

Everything I've read, too, has said it was Daniel and Wesley...

The right person went home, although fringe-boy was my next choice. He irritates me.

His dress was not what the challenge was about. It failed. You could actually wear it and not be seen as a drag queen. The only thing interesting about it was that he picked a louder fabric. When he was told the top part was too plain, he could have done a crazy cloak/jacket/boa/anything to at least up the drama.

This was a fun episode.

I thought Leanne's barflicious comment was funny, too

Daniel was heartbroken last week when Keith picked that annoying Kenley to do her outfit. If you see that moment again you will see him smiling until Keith picked that brat. It was really sad. I thought then something might be going on. I hope Terri doesn't let her not winning get to her. I don't think Jay ever won a challenge in the first season, but he won the whole thing. Keep you eye on the prize girl. She seems to me the most consistent of this group. But I would have to say I am underwhelmed by this season. The designers are boring, and, for the most part, so are their designs. I hope things pick up. Joe owes his winning a lot to Malva Jean. I can't believe they didn't pick her sooner. It just shows you how unhip this group is. Malva gave Joe small but very crucial feedback on his outfit (and he had the good sense to listen. That's an experienced designer there) and sold that outfit like there was no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3173655;
    Daniel was heartbroken last week when Keith picked that annoying Kenley to do her outfit. If you see that moment again you will see him smiling until Keith picked that brat. It was really sad. I thought then something might be going on. I hope Terri doesn't let her not winning get to her. I don't think Jay ever won a challenge in the first season, but he won the whole thing. Keep you eye on the prize girl. She seems to me the most consistent of this group. But I would have to say I am underwhelmed by this season. The designers are boring, and, for the most part, so are their designs. I hope things pick up. Joe owes his winning a lot to Malva Jean. I can't believe they didn't pick her sooner. It just shows you how unhip this group is. Malva gave Joe small but very crucial feedback on his outfit (and he had the good sense to listen. That's an experienced designer there) and sold that outfit like there was no tomorrow.
    You know, I always watch several reruns of the show and I didn't pick up on Daniel's reaction when Keith picked Kenley. But Keith was playing it smart. He knows Kenley is good and he needed her input and skills. I will have to check out Daniel's reaction when I watch it again. I find that as I watch it a few more times, I get more out of it.

I have to believe that there was some type of real friendship and maybe more between Daniel and Keith. Boy, Daniel must have something. First, Wesley and now Keith. He really is a heartbreaker.

I think Terri's done good work almost every week. I have said before that I thought she could have won for either of the last two weeks before this one. I think she should keep on doing her thing. The judges have noticed her. I am sure they are aware of her creativity, point of view and consistency. She could well win the whole thing, that's for sure. This is not the best group of designers, not at all. So far, it's been kind of underwhelming.

I give Joe a lot of credit. It's true that his drag queen gave him good feedback, but he was ready and willing to hear it and that's a big part of it. He did a great job and I never would have thought he had it in him. He is the one who designed and executed that outfit. So I give him props.

I think this was the most entertaining episode ever.

My favorite queen was Stella's. He was just so great and willing to work with Stella, and I thought he was hilarious.

Stella's dress reminded me of that incredible coat Jillian made on the dual design challenge, although not incredible.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3173239;
    Everything I've read, too, has said it was Daniel and Wesley...
    Yep, they were together on-line with Andy Cohen after the show. I think the video is still on line at the Bravo site.

This was a great episode. I hope the momentum keeps up, though I worry about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rachel Zoe
    being the next guest. She irritates me to no end.

Terri's was NOT a very good design. The bodice was way too low, there was too much crap hanging off it (those yellow braids). There was just too much going on. The sleeves were stunning, however. Honestly Jerrell should've been in the top 3 and Terri in the bottom three IMHO.

I can't believe two of my top three have been eliminated! Although Daniel deserved it with his ~impeccable~ taste.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

+ Reply to Thread