+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Jerell's dress, I loved it, the colors, the cape, everything.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I loved this challenge! Each dqueen had a very specific personna and it would take the designers to bend and wrap their minds around that first, then add their own touches. The two who hit the mark right on were Joe and Korto. Terri's was overly elaborate...and I couldn't figure out on the TV if the diagonal at the throat area was cloth or paint.

One designer unmentioned in the discussion is Leanne. She is the one I'm rooting for at this time, and I had to rewatch and quickly pause the dvr to catch glimpses of what she designed. She got the person who wore black and she continued that theme with a futuristic vibe in the collar and a flared short skirt with a feminine blue as an underside that flirted in the folds. It wasn't over the top, but I thought it met the challenge for that person's personna. Anyway...the best, and only, Leanne moment was when the camera was interviewing the designers about what they thought of Blayne using the tag "icious" after every word. She, along with the others, was fed up with it and claimed that if she heard it one more time, she would barf. Then she reflected and said that would be "barf-ilicious". I love her understated humor.

However, I do believe from previews that she is in trouble this coming week. There was clip of Tim giving her the critical eye and her looking stressed for most of the preview.

Personal Note: This episode brought back fond memories of a time in the late seventies when I worked in a bank with a drag queen. He was absolutely a delight to work with and when he left to become a she working at what had been part time and now full time as a San Francisco drag club performer, I was very sad. There was, however, a happy reunion when she returned to the bank on Halloween in full drag. She brought her mother with her and introduced her around. Thank you to the episode for returning a happy memory to me.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-21-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This was a fun episode to watch. I loved the drag queens and their funny names. I thought Blayne would get called out over his collar drooping, but he didn't. He and Stella just seem to pass by under the radar every week, but it was time for Daniel to go home even though I thought his dress wasn't that bad. And I thought Terry should have won, her outfit was so dramatic which is what a drag queen is.

Maybe Joe won over Terri because his was designed to show off assets and hide the "package". The judges really appreciated the way the the belt kinda dipped down to cover just the right spot. Sure Terri's was beautiful but Joe's did fit his queens style and was designed just right.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Joe's outfit did a great job of "hiding the candy" and Varla Jean looked WONDERFUL wearing it.

Loved this challenge and loved seeing Chris March again.

Anybody know where I can get the sound of Chris laughing for my ringtone?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3170848;
    Wow, Daniel really sounded like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite tonight!
    ROFL!!!! Oh my god, he totally does sound like him! Even his facial expressions. Too funny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3171210;
    From the look of the building entrance, I think it's a parking garage. Maybe they had some abandoned vehicles on the roof for he designers to strip in order to get their materials. The Australian version of PR had a similar challenge earlier in its season.

I Googled the address Heidi mentioned, 142 W31st St., but the Street View wasn't exactly helpful...
    This makes perfect sense. Thanks.

i wonder how they're going to make good clothes out of parts from cars?? this one ought to be really interesting. i think joe may go far in this competition if he tries goin outside of his box a little bit. i like blayne, although he has made some hideous things, i liked his olympic outfit and new york outfits. ehh, well. i still think terri should've one.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Kao

I absolutely loved this challenge and the designs, but are they trying to break Terri's spirit or what? She looked like she wanted to bawl last night and I wanted to cry along with her because that Kabuki outfit was amazing. Joe's outfit was lovely as well and suited his model very well; it was a thousand times better after he took her suggesting and turned it into a cute pink sailor outfit. I liked the dual nature of Korto's outfit as well as the colors, and I thought that Kenley's outfit was wonderfully elegant.

Stella's design is one that I would wear, lol. And I absolutely hated Blayne's and Daniel's designs.

I think it's interesting that both Blayne and Stella are passing through every week. I thought Blayne's wings were awful. They didn't look good when the drag queen moved down the runway. But I guess the judges felt that his way out look suited the challenge.

I feel for Terri, because I have said before that she is overdue for win, but I just didn't get that outfit. I realize that Acid Betty is pretty wild and out there, so something truly crazy was in order, but that fabric hanging out looked like sheets with a crazy design. Terri could have won in either challenge the last two weeks and I do think her frustration is starting to come out. I don't think it was editing, she was really mad. But I think her time will come.

I think when you have the top two or three, it does end up being subjective. It's hard to choose. But I felt that Korto and Joe were the best. Korto's outrageous red and fire creation was perfect for Sweetie and I loved the skirt that detached. I have to say that I think Joe really stepped up and showed something fantastic. I did not think he had it in him. Little by little, he seems to be working his way through the competition. He did work really well with his Ann-Margret draq queen. That outfit fit like a glove and the belt covering you-know-what, was really genius. I think the judges just could not ignore how beautifully it worked for the drag queen. That was part of the idea of the challenge. I don't know if Joe will make it to final three, but right now he is doing quite well and has immunity for that weird challenge next week.

I liked what Leanne did. I thought it was space age and worked very well for her drag queen. She was too funny when she talked about all the "licious" references. Kenley's was great, too. Farrah Moans loved it and worked it for all it was worth.

Daniel was toast the minute he said that he was going to ignore what Tim said. Duh! This guy just did not get this competition at all. He did his own thing without regard for the challenge and was self-indulgent and snobby in the bargain. That gown was gorgeous, but it was not a drag queen outfit. You can't go through a competition doing whatever you want. I think his fate was sealed at the Olympic challenge. The judges just wanted Jennifer gone at that point. But his days were numbered from that point on. He really bombed here. He has talent, but doesn't take criticism, doesn't listen, and is arrogant as anything. So now he and Wesley can be together.

Can anyone tell me why Keith was so broken up at the end? Was it because of being in the bottom two, or was it because Daniel was sent home? Did they have a thing going? If Keith continues to create those annoying swatch designs, he will be following Daniel very soon.

+ Reply to Thread