+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 5 Creations - "Lipstick Jungle" Challenge

Re: Week 5 Creations - "Lipstck Jungle" Challenge

Overall, I like the outfits, though please bear in mind I haven't watched a lot of "Lipstick Jungle" and therefore my opinions are on the outfits as we see them, not based on matching the show.

I do think out of all of them, Terri and Suede should've won. That's something that fits both requirements of going from office to nightclub, and most can wear that without it looking bad. And, the colors are great.

The outfit I liked least was Kelli and Daniel's. Looks too uncomfortable for a night club, and too many different pieces paired up with black.

Korto and Joe's I think the sleeves are a little too puffy, but even with that it's a nice outfit. Might've really been neat in a darker color such as burgundy or blue.

Blayne and Leanne's is good on the top. The pants should've been capris though - it'd looked a lot better and the hip hugging effect wouldn't have been as prominent IMHO.

Jerell and Stella's would've been perfect if the belt was the same print as the skirt. And, if it's supposed to be from office to night club, it should either have sleeves or a removable jacket of some kind. That way you still look dressy and professional - even with a hint of satin showing.

Keith and Kenley's is OK except I wouldn't have had the scarf and I'd made the skirt a complimentary color to the top - not brown, doubly with a black belt.

LOVE Jerell and Stella's dress. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Too bad they didnt win.

What was up with Blayne & Leanne's design? That was neither work nor going out. It was weekend mom dressing up a bit by wearing pearls.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My personal favorite was Terri & Suedes number.

I must be living under a rock part-time, because I didn't even know Brooke Shields had a tv show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3166004;
    My personal favorite was Terri & Suedes number.
    I liked it, too. Very cute.

But to win, IMO, I think it needed a jacket (even a longish one) to make it look more business-like.

I really disliked Korto & Joe's. That blouse thing was horrid.

The shorts needed to be black or in dark fabric to be dressy and sexy.

I didn't like the jacket on Korto and Joe's design. I thought the color was unflattering and the sleeves were too big. It looked better fitted, but I still think they could have made a different design and color and the outfit would have been great.

I do like Kenley and Keith's, especially after seeing it again here. I think it's quite original and well made. The blouse with the unbuttoning for night, was really genius. The contrast of the colors, while jarring at first, is really what makes it stand out. They did a great job and I never would have thought that these two could work together so well.

Jerell and Stella's was my original favorite and I still love it. I do agree that it should have had sleeves or a jacket to make it work for night. I think that Jerell has to be careful not to do too much. He has to try to reign himself in, because he has a lot of ideas and sometimes they don't all work together. I think this look could have easily won.

Someone suggest capris for Blayne's outfit. Anything would have been an improvement over those shorts. But Blayne just doesn't have the vision or taste to even think of doing capris or anything that would work for the challenge. Like Brooke was really going to wear those shorts on national TV? I think not.

The winning look is anything but a winner style for me. I really do not like it and I think that there were much better designs. Pretty much all of them but the losing outfit. It'll be interesting to see if the winning design is modified in any way when it does get on the air.

I think Keith and Kenley's outfit was pretty cute, i guess im on the minority with this one, cause i liked it lol

Keith
    Korto
    Jerrel
    Terri
    Kelli
    Blayne

Would be my order.

FORT Newbie

Keith and Kenley's outfit was definitely cute ... that skirt was gorge. I think it was kinda what Keith was trying to go for with his NY challenge, but this definitely came across WAY more polished and put together. I don't know how much of that came from Kenley's influence, but kudos to the hottie for finally putting together a look that got positive attention from the judges.

Jerell and Stella's outfit was also pretty fantastic, save for the accessorizing. I'm with Brooke on the zebra-print belt. That was a little bit too much. But the leather cumberbund was fantastic, and the colors were spot on. Who'd have thunk that Jerell and Stella could've put something like that together? Suddenly, I'm rooting for them both a little bit more than I was before.

Blayne's ... wasn't flat out horrible. I think our brilliant recapper put it best when she likened it to a $29 Old Navy outfit. But the positives -- I think the separates were actually constructed fairly well, and the colors were pretty. The shorts, though, did nothing for the model's figure. The sharp contrast between the blue top and the khaki shorts kinda 'chopped' Polina up, and gave her some child-bearing hips pretty quickly. And really, Brooke was the one who wanted to make the sketch a reality, so I think that figures a lot into why Blayne was safe last week. (Extra kudos to Blayne for taking some responsibility for his work. Not that Leanne was ever in any real danger of going home.)

Daniel and Kelli ... what a mess. I'm sure there's a tasteful way to incorporate leopard print into work-wear, but that ... just wasn't it. Someone said something about the outfit giving the model 'eye-boobs with blue eyeshadow,' and I couldn't agree more. And the exposed midriff? And that skirt? Ew. While it was Kelli's design and her idea, I really do think Daniel should have been on the chopping block instead of Blayne. The entire time, he could've cared less, and it showed. Mr. Impeccable Taste has yet to demonstrate any of the qualities that he's advertised as a designer. Did he come into the competition thinking that every challenge would involve creating a cocktail look?

I've been on the Terri love train since episode 1, but this last episode ... she contributed skinny black pants. Granted, they were well-made skinny black pants. But the focal piece was that top, and she should have been all over that, and delegated the pants to Suede. (Assuming Suede can make pants. Not a skill I've seen from him yet.) She micro-managed the bejesus out of Suede and drove the poor little man bananas. Honey, it's just easier to do it yourself than it is to micro-manage someone else into doing it the way you want. Fortunately for the both of them, the look turned out okay ... But, damn, Terri ... (Although, the whole spiel about 'packing balls or a vajayjay' was pretty freakin' hilarious.)

Which leaves Korto and Joe ... my opinion of Korto's work changes from week to week. This week, though, she fell really flat for me. Team Korto was particularly lucky that there were two assier outfits than hers that walked the runway. The poofy yam-colored jacket was actually pretty nice. Loved the trim on the lapels, although I seem to recall the whole thing being kinda wrinkly and in need of a good steaming. That oatmeal-colored dress underneath, though ... ugh. The color was drab, and the fit (especially in the back) was really poor. I'm having a harder and harder time seeing Korto in the final three. The quality of her work lacks a lot of consistency, and if she has another off-week where she's not at the top of her game ... I'm pretty sure she'll be getting a good-bye kiss from Heidi.

So ... favorites:

Best in show: Jerell & Stella
    Worst in show: Tied between Kelli & Daniel, and Korto & Joe.

That drag queen challenge next week is gonna be AWESOME!! I can't wait to see Daniel sweat buckets over that one. "I don't do stagewear -- I only work with high-end fabrics." I can see it now.

--SC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast