+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think Terrell and Letha Woman got robbed. Terell is an absolute class act
    Actually it's Jerell. (not sure if it's 1 'r' or 2)

I definitely agree with you about Korto. Just because she tends towards African inspired designs, does not mean she's one-note. It's not like she drapes everything or puts puffy sleeves on everything.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3165723;
    Actually it's Jerell. (not sure if it's 1 'r' or 2)

I definitely agree with you about Korto. Just because she tends towards African inspired designs, does not mean she's one-note. It's not like she drapes everything or puts puffy sleeves on everything.
    LOL, oops!

Remember that Korto said that she designs for women with curves (like her)? Well, I call my fat ass, a fat ass!!!! Not curves! She might win if they have a Lane Bryant challenge.

Some people I want to go home because they have a dull or blaw personality. Or they are just not interesting enough for fashion week.
    Order of people I want sent home:
    1. Daniel
    2. Leanne (seen enough layers already)
    3. Stella (some one has to go. I don't want to see leatha that much)
    4. Joe (who is Joe?)
    5. Korto (blah, blah, blah personality)
    6. Suede (There's a time for Suede to go home)
    7. Kenley (not everyone's taste)

8. Terri or Blayne or Keith (Terri is pants woman; and Blayne is sportswear. I don't know who Keith is. And at this point I don't know how interesting he is.)

My winner (today...I could change my mind) Jerrell

I agree about Daniel, he has a blah personality. What is he doing here? Has he actually even designed anything? I don't remember.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love Leanne. I don't care if she's quiet. She's very talented. I'd switch Leanne & Keith and Blayne & Stella. Keith's too arrogant by far for me. And Blayne's too raw, too young yet. (Not precocious & gifted like Christian - who I didn't care for, but saw his talent)

I did not think that Kelli should have gone home over Blayne. However, I must question Brooke's judgement and taste in even choosing Blayne's design. Curiosity is nice, but did she really think he could somehow pull off a look that would translate for her on the show? I don't think so. It was just a bad idea that was poorly executed. I also thought that Blayne's attitude was bad when he was criticized for the design. It was horrible. I guess Leanne felt it was his design and either didn't want to speak up and just let him go on his own, or didn't feel that she could give her own input. She just kind of let him take over and remained passive. So he gets props for taking responsibility for being the one to go home, that still doesn't make him talented or give him taste or make him any easier to watch.

Kelli and Daniel were like a train wreck working together. There was no communication and zero collaboration. Daniel just seemed to get in the way. That first skirt he made was awful. So he had to start over again. He did not seem too motivated to help Kelli achieve her look. It could have been great, but it ended up looking cheap. The bustier top was the worst part of the outfit. It should have been more fitted, hugging the waist and flattering the model's bustline. It was shapeless. This is what happens when two people are not working as a team. I think Daniel may be in trouble, even though he dodged it this week. Heidi seems to be somewhat fed up with him and his attitude. He needs to step it up or he may not be here long. He was one of my early favorites, but he hasn't really shown me anything the last two weeks. He was lucky to survive the Olympic challenge. I don't think the judges have forgotten that disaster.

Jerell redeemed himself this week. It was so nice to see him make a comeback. I liked his attitude toward Stella. They worked beautifully together and it showed in their design. I loved it. I had no problems with the belt at all. It was my personal favorite. I got the feeling that Brooke did not love it. Maybe Stella does have something. We will see.

Korto and Joe's design was okay, nothing great. I did not like Korto's attitude towards Joe at all. She is showing an aggressive side that is unappealing. I think Joe felt that he couldn't give his own opinion about the jacket until Tim spoke up. Korto's feeling that she could do anything because she had immunity, kind of bothered me. Joe and Tim were absolutely right about the jacket. It needed to be more fitted. I didn't love the color. I don't necessarily think Korto only does ethnic clothes at all. I just thought she was nasty when she said she would turn on Joe. Fortunately, they worked it out and turned out a decent outfit. I think a different color for the jacket might have made a huge difference.

I never thought Kenley and Keith could work together, but somehow their different styles meshed quite well. Thank goodness Keith got Tim to talk Kenley out of that hideous print. She has this obsession with prints. She, in turn, helped Keith to change the shape of the blouse. At first, I didn't love it, but taking another look, I could appreciate the originality and creativity of the design. I think it will look great on Brooke.

Overall, this is not the most talented group. It's kind of disappointing. Kenley was beyond obnoxious when she started giggling like a child when Daniel was trying to talk to the judges. If I was her, I wouldn't be laughing about Daniel's taste level after picking out the absolutely hideous print. She is talented, but annoying as anything. I am really ready for Blayne to go. He has not done anything remotely decent so far.

Terri and Suede put together an okay look, rather uninspired. I think Terri needs to get over the pants already. I want to see something else from her. I really disliked her language and attitude when she was trashing Suede. He had a point about cutting the fabric. She should stop with the ghetto talk, it's getting really old. The top ended up being great, but paired with the black pants, it wasn't anything to get excited about. Terri is talented, but she needs to act more classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3166605;
    I think Terri needs to get over the pants already. I want to see something else from her.
    I agree completely. As much as I like her, I would like to see some more variety from her.

Kao

Okay, now I feel really bad for those witchy things I said about Leanne. For the past couple of weeks she's looked so scared all the time...and she's really endearing. Also, I absolutely LOVED the scarf she had on at judging.

2 mistakes by the judges. Jarell and Stella should have won. Blayne's outfits was the worst and should have gone home (that's an even worse mistake). I guess Brooke broke the tie and she got her way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast