+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

My gut reaction was that Kelli should have stayed. I just read the blogs and the interview with Kelli is revealing. She would probably not have made it past next week with her attitude and point of view on fashion. I suspect they thought Blayne's outfit was closer to something reasonable. Too casual but no where near street walker.

Terri's was the most appealing to me, at first glance. Her comment to Suede was funny but I can see a tough street affect emerging. That tires me. Can you string a sentence together without jargon and the word ain't, please? You can be strong without being tough.

Korto is going to be the one note and Stella may surprise us. I am warming to her. What a great team player!

I have to wait and see the pics of the runway to really take a look at the winner. Was that fringe on that pencil skirt? That escapes me as far as office transitioning to evening wear. It looked more evening wear.

I was really sad that Kelli was gone.But here she did indeed reach some buttomlines in fashion world which is"If you're not good at useing leopard.Then don't use it".I really think she ruind herself here.I'm gonna ,iss her and her works badly.At the same time this do reminds me that how Chris(S3) used the leopard print amazingly at the westling challenge.I bag he has a lot to say about this EP at the "TV GUIDE recape".And right now I'm so exited for next week's DRAG QUEEN challenge.Chris is never far away these days.

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone else think that the designers this year are just not as strong as previous years? We're barely into the season and I'm already bored. I'm seeing very little come down the runway that I would consider wearing and the designers don't have personalities that pull me in to watch

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;3165287;
    Does anyone else think that the designers this year are just not as strong as previous years? We're barely into the season and I'm already bored. I'm seeing very little come down the runway that I would consider wearing and the designers don't have personalities that pull me in to watch
    I agree with you about the designers not being very strong this year. Their designs so far have not wow'ed me like in past seasons. It's still early yet so hopefully they will improve and I'll keep watching because I've been a fan since the first season.
    This weeks show was kind of boring. I don't think Kellie should have gone home. I liked Jerrell/Stella's dress the best; I got the feeling Brooke did not like it, that's why it didn't win. I didn't like Keith/Kenley's dress that won, or any of the other ones either.
    Next week is drag queens, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;3165287;

What I'm missing most of all are the funny comments from a Jay, Santino , Chris or Christian. Very boring. Daniel is starting to come off as being kinda creepy. Have to say that most of the design sketches were really nice. Maybe they should be artists not clothing designers. I actually found myself rooting for Stella because I felt bad for her getting picked last. (I tend to root for the underdog). I also have to give Gilligan (Blayne) credit for saying that he should be the one to go!! Good for him!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Speaking of Daniel V. I notice that although he lives in the city, he has never been around (invited to?) the PR set beyond his season. I would have loved to have him on this episode as a mentor. That would have been cool.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Actually I feel bad for Blayne. Brooke specifically picked him as a team leader knowing his design was Bermuda shorts! For that reason alone, he should not have gone home. What did the judges expect from him when that was the design that was picked by the guest judge!

And my Terri love continues. Though she did get a little bitchy with Suede - and he did ask her to cut out the blouse, so that was her fault. But they pulled it out in the end. Originally I thought she got robbed, but then I thought of tall, leggy Brooke Shields and realized that wasn't really something she would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3165100;
    Half an hour through making an outfit for Brooke Shields's character on "Lipstick Jungle" Terri has offered the first great quote about Suede

"I don't know what he's packing, Balls or vajayjay, but he needs to work that out, cause I ain't got no babies, ain't nobody sucking on my titties, so please man up!"
    As funny of a quote that is, I hate when people use double negatives. Stop being stupid and use correct English. When she says "I ain't go no babies" that means she must have some because she doesn't have none. She technically said that she HAS babies and somebody WILL be sucking. Plus, I can't really take anybody who talks this way seriously. Maybe if they do it a little bit, but it seems like she does it all the time.

But anyways, I can't believe the winning design. I hated the contrast and the shape too. The Jerell/Stella piece should have got it. And like everybody else is saying, yes, this season is sucking. There's not really anything interesting or fresh, and I still detest all the stupid reality challenges. If the prize is $100,000 and a bunch of opportunities, they should give them more time to work and put out good work. Then any criticism might be earned. How can the judges really judge anything if it all revolves around "go go go"? I doubt Michael or Nina ever works this way.

I have been watching the Project Runway Australia, and it's SMOKING this season. The judges don't seem as bitchy as the American ones (which is not funny and just mean) and the designers are so much more talented. They aren't anything really vibrant or vivid, except for this one monkey looking kid who needs to shut the hell up, but it makes better TV since they are more like real people. No ghetto tough girl, no tanorexic, no 3rd person Suede crap, etc. Even that guy that I didn't like took a lot of risks, so that's a positive. If you aren't satisfied with this season, you should really look at the Australian one. I'm gonna watch Project Catwalk and the Canadian version, so by the time I'm done I'll be all Project Runwayed out.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

I was surprised that Kelli went home because I, like many people, had her in my top 3. She started out really strong being so innovative and creative in the first challenge. Stella is growing on me more and more, and her and Jerell's dress should have won. What was that crap that Kenley and Keith made? I thought it was completely ugly, and it won! This and the NY at Night challenge where Kenley's dress won were both very unexpected.
    Elyse, Amanda, Yaya, Nicole, Michelle, Nicole Linkletter, Brittany, Jenah, Lauren.

Kao

This week was really full of surprises. There were people that I didn't like that I'm beginning to really warm to...and there's people that I started out liking that I really lost respect for.

I really did NOT like the winning design AT ALL, and I think Terrell and Letha Woman got robbed. Terell is an absolute class act for turning Stella being picked last into an attribute because it was obvious that she was feeling bad about being picked last. It costs absolutely nothing at all to say something nice. Contrast that with Kenley, who apparently felt that laughing at her friend was an appropriate response when he was trying to talk to the judges. Do I feel like he should have went home instead of Kelli? Good God, yes! However, no one deserves to be laughed at like that, least of all by someone who is supposed to be a "friend" during a serious moment like that. It's very unprofessional and says more about her than it does about him.

I also really liked Korto's design; it's something that I would definitely wear to work and I don't find her "one note" just because she doesn't have the European aesthetic that most people in this country take for "normal." I'm glad that Joe finally spoke up about his concerns because the top looked a lot better with a more tailored fit and belted. I didn't like her attitude but I understood where she was coming from; if you don't think that something is working SPEAK UP (especially since she had immunity and it was HIM on the line). Don't wait until Tim comes over to say something. At the same time, he probably felt like maybe he couldn't speak up because it was her design and he didn't want to step on her toes. Either way, I'm glad they were able to work it out.

My opinion of Blayne went up loads this week; imo it would have been very unfair to send him home over an outfit that Brooke Shields herself said was appropriate for her character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast