+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3157776;
    Oh, yeah... And it wasn't PURPLE!
    I thought it was an outfit for the Admiral Club at American Airlines or something.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3158453;
    I thought it was an outfit for the Admiral Club at American Airlines or something.
    agreed 125%
    "I wanna be like freakin' mother Theresa, but in a diva sort of way, okay?"
    -Dominique

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3157971;
    PR is moving to Lifetime in the fall. Heidi who owns a slice of the show will remain as the host and an exec producer and the regular producers of PR are also moving to Lifetime to keep the integrity of the show and not have the Lifetime network influence (ruin it) too much.
    You're not speaking of Magical Elves as moving to Lifetime are you? NBC-Universal struck a very lucrative deal with them to stay at Bravo. Did something change?
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3158489;
    You're not speaking of Magical Elves as moving to Lifetime are you? NBC-Universal struck a very lucrative deal with them to stay at Bravo. Did something change?
    Magical Elves (exec producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz) are leaving the show after this season, they have a deal with Bravo to create new shows. The Weinstein Company takes over more direct ownership at that point, and calls more of the shots. The rumor is that Harvey Weinstein hired Bunim-Murray (of The Real World fame) to take over the show running. Also, for Season 6 the show will move to Los Angeles for the season, but will come back to NY for its Fashion Week to have the finals. Needless to say, many people are edgy about how different the Lifetime PR will be.

But Tim, Heidi, Michael and Nina are all on board for the foreseeable future.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3158506;
    Magical Elves (exec producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz) are leaving the show after this season, they have a deal with Bravo to create new shows. The Weinstein Company takes over more direct ownership at that point, and calls more of the shots. The rumor is that Harvey Weinstein hired Bunim-Murray (of The Real World fame) to take over the show running. Also, for Season 6 the show will move to Los Angeles for the season, but will come back to NY for its Fashion Week to have the finals. Needless to say, many people are edgy about how different the Lifetime PR will be.

WHAT! Say it isn't so. That's like saying lets make a crossover of Girls Gone Wild on the Runway.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Joe shouldve won the Olympics challenge this week. Oh well. Good episode though.

But in all serious-ness, that tan guy is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3158292;
    I must be in the minority here, but I didn't like Korto's outfit for the opening ceremonies. It would not look good on women who have large, muscular thighs. The outfit was pretty and well-made, but it was more for about town than for marching in formation.
    I don't think they march in formation for the ceremonies do they? I seem to remember it as a pretty relaxed event...the athletes waving....filming their own videos etc...
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3159631;
    I don't think they march in formation for the ceremonies do they? I seem to remember it as a pretty relaxed event...the athletes waving....filming their own videos etc...
    It's loosened up somewhat with the advent of cameras and videocams on the field, but they come out of the gate in some sort of order. It's on tonight at 7:30P NBC.

Did you notice the mostly WHITE in the Lauren outfits? Looks like Terri, Korto and Leanne were on track featuring that color. One thing, though - I hope those conservative blazers are NOT made of wool or polyester or they will be stripped off as soon as possible in that inversion layer meltdown they will experience.

Wanna bet how fast those ties and scarves come off?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3159408;
    I thought Joe shouldve won the Olympics challenge this week. Oh well. Good episode though.
    I thought Joe should have won too. Although, I'm biased since I know his dad. But I think his Olympic outfit represented the best of this particular challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3158506;

Well, I dread what the show will look like without them at the helm. I knew all the other stuff about LA, and the judges still being the same. Bravo has always had a certain cache, even with some of their cheesier programs. Lifetime is just plain cheesy.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread