+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I must be in the minority here, but I didn't like Korto's outfit for the opening ceremonies. It would not look good on women who have large, muscular thighs. The outfit was pretty and well-made, but it was more for about town than for marching in formation. The pant legs would look like flapping flags.

I liked Joe's, but he gets on my last nerve, as does the "giggler."

So far Terri's my favorite, but I really haven't been watching too closely this season. Now it's getting interesting so I'll be paying more attention.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3158292;
    I must be in the minority here, but I didn't like Korto's outfit for the opening ceremonies. It would not look good on women who have large, muscular thighs. The outfit was pretty and well-made, but it was more for about town than for marching in formation. The pant legs would look like flapping flags.

So far Terri's my favorite, but I really haven't been watching too closely this season. Now it's getting interesting so I'll be paying more attention.
    I also did not like Korto's outfit. I thought the pants were much too wide and would not work well when the athletes march in the opening ceremonies. It was beautifully made and a big improvement over last week, but I am not sure that it would work for the Olympics.

I thought Joe finally stepped up and got the judges attention. I did not like the USA logo on the outfit. I didn't think it was necessary. It was quite literal and the length of that skort didn't quite work, but at least he understood the challenge and put together something that the athletes could actually wear. I agree that he was totally annoying when he was complaining to Daniel about taking "his" sewing machine, like Daniel did it on purpose. Maybe he should have put his name on it. Kenley should have stopped giggling long enough to concentrate on making something that would really work for the challenge. That skirt was kind of ridiculous and she has been one of my favorites. Not her best effort. Terri's was great, except for that tube top that was so poorly fitted that the model's boobs were spilling out on top. But she has shown again that she is creative and can sew up an outfit efficiently and make it look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3158163;
    I still didn't see any surrealism in Jennifer's outfit this week. She keeps mentioning it, but her designs never reflected it. She wanted to stick to her feminine look and she did - stubborness didn't pay off.
    I completely agree! she keeps saying it, but I'm not seeing it! I was glad she got auf'ed.

I was so excited when I found out Apollo was going to be a guest on PR. He's such a cutie.
    Anyway...this turned out to be one of my favorite challenges ever. I'm not really sure why, but I just really enjoyed it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3158266;
    Eek. How unimaginative. Way too conservative for '08.

I actually prefer Korto's and Terri's to Ralph Lauren's. Mostly Korto's.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3158381;
    Eek. How unimaginative. Way too conservative for '08.

I actually prefer Korto's and Terri's to Ralph Lauren's. Mostly Korto's.
    Agreed! I liked Korto's and Terri's quite a bit more ... and here I had been SOOO looking forward to seeing what the internationally known, world class designer had come up with.

Disappointment, thy name is Ralph :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3158393;
    Agreed! I liked Korto's and Terri's quite a bit more ... and here I had been SOOO looking forward to seeing what the internationally known, world class designer had come up with.

Disappointment, thy name is Ralph :nono
    Please when has Ralph Lauren ever been fashion forward. In the words of Nina he has always been BORING. Ho hum.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It was so stupid to keep referring to that outfit as "08." It was a total 70s throwback, down to the high waist and bell bottoms on the pants. Guess Michael Kors' gushing over the other one's "Lauren Hutton" look means the 70s are making a comeback, but that does not make it modern.

I like Terri better than Korto, but cannot believe she was in the top three, as her model's boobs appeared to be squished over and spilling out of the top of her outfit. It was very weird.

And the girl who left had a much more well-made looking outfit than the guy who skated by with his "Republic of Cocktail" dress, even though admittedly hers had nothing to do with the USA, the Olympics, or "surrealism." Did anyone notice those particular shades of purple and red on his dress were the same as Disney World's signature colors? The big buttons didn't help. All the model needed were Mickey Mouse gloves to complete the look - and maybe that other guy could make her a floppy red and white polka-dotted hat as a nod to Minnie.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3158266;
    Thanks for the link. His designs are yuk. Every time I watch those opening ceremonies I am embarrassed fro our country when I see how much more stylish many of the other countries are.

We liked the design this week that was by one of the girls, I think it was a white dress and it had a big floppy collar, but hubby thought it was too high fashion and looked like something France would have, not America, alas.

I also thought that the older straight guy, who was making bigoted remarks about "queens" making all the drama (so not true!), did a good job with his sportswear except for making the front and back of his skort way too uneven. The concept was still better than what Ralph Lauren (or his employees) came up with. Their priority was probably just hoping to sell more product vs. producing something great to show off our country & its athletes.
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-07-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3158431;
    We liked the design this week that was by one of the girls, I think it was a white dress and it had a big floppy collar, but hubby thought it was too high fashion and looked like something France would have, not America, alas.
    That was Leanne's look, and yes, it kind of got lost in the shuffle. It was a good outfit.
    I also thought that the older straight guy, who was making bigoted remarks about "queens" making all the drama (so not true!), did a good job with his sportswear except for making the front and back of his skort way too uneven. The concept was still better than what Ralph Lauren (or his employees) came up with. Their priority was probably just hoping to sell more product vs. producing something great to show off our country & its athletes.
    Yeah, I'm leaving Joe's comments alone for the time being. I didn't like him too much to begin with, now I just know there was a reason. I wasn't as impressed withhis outfit. The USA letters were done by hand, it looked high school. Would there be premade attachable letters, or at least a stencil kit at Mood for this kind of decoration? (I wouldn't know, I couldn't sew on a button to save my life)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Joe's outfit was just plain tacky and shouldn't have been anywhere near the top 3. It was like something a sad squad from Nowheresville would wear to a cheer leading competition. Even as bad as that was, his design still better than those Ralph Lauren outfits. RL is what you wear when you want to blend into a crowd and not stand out in any way; I doubt that's the idea for the US team.

I agree. You have to be really tall like Lisa Leslie of WNBA to carry the wide leg pants. I thoughts Terri's was excellent for any height but way too many outfits for the summer heat. The guy that made the white short shorts was great. the guy with the skort the front panel was way too long, but it was cute.

+ Reply to Thread