+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

It should have been Daniel... at least Jennifer's dress looked well-crafted!

Oh, yeah... And it wasn't PURPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3157776;
    Oh, yeah, it was purple not blue. Still it did inspire one of the better judge's comments as far as the wearer belonging to the Olympic Drinking Team.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I actually thought Jerrell's dress was worse than both Daniel's and Jennifer's, but I thought Jen was the least talented of the three (loved Jerrell's in the last challenge).

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3157815;
    I actually thought Jerrell's dress was worse than both Daniel's and Jennifer's, but I thought Jen was the least talented of the three (loved Jerrell's in the last challenge).
    I swear! I thought Jerrell's model was the reincarnation of the Duchess of Windsor. It was creepily uncanny. I guess I'm dating myself here, but I have a very clear recollection of that woman.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3157776;
    Weird, I was just on the official site and Daniel's dress is now blue in the "rate the runway" photo gallery. Project Runway: Photos - Season 5 - Official Bravo TV Site

It makes me think it was a little questionable and they played with the color on TV to make it more of an obvious match to his purple shirt. It would make more sense that he wasn't embarrassed by his shirt being a perfect match that he was calling "purple."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It didn't even match his purple shirt on my TV. It looked like a shiny, saturated blue. I think the stage lights made it look like something else to the judges. They were making too much out of the color IMO.

Choosing a shiny fabric like that was a mistake no matter what the color. Ever since the Great Silk Carmeuse Flood of season 2, I've had an aversion to most any shiny outfit...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Is it just me? Or do the PR producers seem to be into typecasting. This season we have a Sweet Pea lookalike (Kelli,) albeit younger, thinner and with fewer tattoos, the requisite straight guy (can't remember the name of the one from last time) and a sorry attempt at a "Christian" type; a weird combination of Blayne and Suede. I guess I'm spoiled by last season's designers. There was some real talent there, e.g Rami, Jillian and of course the inimitable Christian. I just can't seem to get into these people. God knows what will happen once they move to Lifetime. Shudder!
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3157950;
    Is it just me? Or do the PR producers seem to be into typecasting. This season we have a Sweet Pea lookalike (Kelli,) albeit younger, thinner and with fewer tattoos, the requisite straight guy (can't remember the name of the one from last time) and a sorry attempt at a "Christian" type; a weird combination of Blayne and Suede. I guess I'm spoiled by last season's designers. There was some real talent there, e.g Rami, Jillian and of course the inimitable Christian. I just can't seem to get into these people. God knows what will happen once they move to Lifetime. Shudder!
    If it weren't for the Lifetime move, I would be harsher on this year's cast, because I do see a lot more "TV attitude" than talent this season. But I just know the show is going to be so "different" on Lifetime that I'm treating this like a "final season" and trying to enjoy it despite its flaws, and despite the show starting to get repetitive.

For now I'm just happy disliking Blayne and Joe.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3157956;
    If it weren't for the Lifetime move, I would be harsher on this year's cast, because I do see a lot more "TV attitude" than talent this season. But I just know the show is going to be so "different" on Lifetime that I'm treating this like a "final season" and trying to enjoy it despite its flaws, and despite the show starting to get repetitive.

For now I'm just happy disliking Blayne and Joe.
    Yeah, you're right. I'll give them a pass, because after this, I think it's going to be Adieu PR. It will never survive on Lifetime. It will be a butchered up version of what we have come to know and love.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread