+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3164466;
    It's funny, I'm watching yet another rerun of the episode right now, and this time, Daniel's dress looks a lot more purple than I first remember thinking it was the first time I saw it.

I don't know if it's conditioning after all the talk about it, or if the late night Bravo crew is playing with the colors, or if I was just trying to see Daniel in the best possible light the first time...
    It looked purple on my living room TV and blue in the bedroom so our TV's play a part in it too.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if any models have picked up on a strategy beyond doing well on the runway. It seems that most designers stick with their first girl. The models could easily schmooze with another designer when they come for a fitting if they see they are doomed with the one they were asigned. They have little time but I wonder if they try. A spread in Elle and an opportunity to do Fashion Week is worth extending yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3164526;
    I wonder if any models have picked up on a strategy beyond doing well on the runway. It seems that most designers stick with their first girl. The models could easily schmooze with another designer when they come for a fitting if they see they are doomed with the one they were asigned. They have little time but I wonder if they try. A spread in Elle and an opportunity to do Fashion Week is worth extending yourself.
    I'm sure there's a bit of that going on but I do miss seeing the dynamic between the designers and the models that we saw on the first few seasons.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3164538;
    I'm sure there's a bit of that going on but I do miss seeing the dynamic between the designers and the models that we saw on the first few seasons.
    And the MF Walkoffs

For the first seasons you knew who the models were, but in season 4 there were so many challenges where the models weren't used, you never really got to know them. Furthermore, the designers of the earlier seasons seemed to feel more strongly about their models, maybe they still do but we don't get to see it.

The only model that I can remember is the crazy one that wore the swimsuit out and ruined it. I think that she also did something nutty with Jay. I've never like the way that the models were eliminated. It seems unfair and has very little to do with their modeling abilities. I don't have an answer but it would be nice if it could be done differently.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3164629;
    The only model that I can remember is the crazy one that wore the swimsuit out and ruined it. I think that she also did something nutty with Jay. I've never like the way that the models were eliminated. It seems unfair and has very little to do with their modeling abilities. I don't have an answer but it would be nice if it could be done differently.
    Ahhh, Morgan! Yeah, she wore Kevin's swimsuit out partying, and brought it back ripped. She also showed up late the first week for Kara Saun, who needed to paint her breasts to complete the look. Then she tripped on the runway while wearing Jay's wedding gown. She was out after the swimsuit challenge. She was nuts.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

They should do a mf walkoff each week!

Of course some designers get attached to their models so I can see how some very good ones could get dropped (as long as Shannon stays!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011