+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I actually thought the winning dress was ugly. It looked too tight across the top and the model looked like she was hunched forward because of the ill fit. Also the little puffed out shoulders were ugly and don't get me started on that print! I actually really like Kenley's vibe but I don't think this dress should have won.

I've pin pointed why this season is coming off so poor compared to the other seasons. In the past the majority of the designers were there because they had a passion for design and HAD to express that, they HAD to make things and be creative. The majority of the designers this season have studied the Reality TV hand book and are just trying to get sound bites and more face time. *sighs* they are there to be on TV and not to make great designs.

Bearcata! Couldn't you just see it? Suede would be walking around like, "WTF?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3151757;
    I think that for one episode everyone should talk in the third person then never do it again. Yes that includes Tim, Heidi, Nina and Michael Kors.
    lol!

"Tim is a little worried about this dress. Tim isn't sure what you are trying to do here."

"Michael thinks your dress is poorly made. Michael wonders what you were thinking when you decided to send this down the runway."

"Heidi agrees with Michael about your dress. Heidi does not think it is fashion forward. Heidi thinks this is an outdated look."

"Nina thinks this material looks cheap & Nina would never put this look in Vogue magazine. Nina also wonders what is going on with your model's hair. Nina doesn't think it fits with the style of the dress at all."
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;3151184;
    Suede must have told someone that he is going to say Suede out the yin yang to get the maximum t.v. exposure while he can.
    Perhaps Suede had a talk w/ Suede about it.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3151999;
    I actually thought the winning dress was ugly. It looked too tight across the top and the model looked like she was hunched forward because of the ill fit. Also the little puffed out shoulders were ugly and don't get me started on that print! I actually really like Kenley's vibe but I don't think this dress should have won.

I've pin pointed why this season is coming off so poor compared to the other seasons. In the past the majority of the designers were there because they had a passion for design and HAD to express that, they HAD to make things and be creative. The majority of the designers this season have studied the Reality TV hand book and are just trying to get sound bites and more face time. *sighs* they are there to be on TV and not to make great designs.
    I actually love this season so far and am already pretty invested in the fates of several designers, but I do agree that some of them seem be TOO aware of the camera. Suede's 3rd person thing is clearly a gimmick, and Blayne is trying way too hard to be the next Christian Siriano.

In terms of talent, though, I'm impressed with a lot of the designers. Blayne bugs me, but I thought his second dress was pretty and well-made, and even though I wasn't nuts about the neon thing he sent down the runway this week - it was interesting, well-made, and had a clear point of view. The least talented seems to be Stella, but she can at least make a well-tailored fitted dress. No talentless hacks like Vincent on this one, and no Wendy Pepper. I wasn't crazy about Kenley's dress this week, but I loved hers last week (same with Suede's); I hated Jerrell's and Leanne's last week but loved theirs this week; I've loved all of Daniel's - basically, I'm seeing potential in a lot of these designers.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3152439;
    I actually love this season so far and am already pretty invested in the fates of several designers, but I do agree that some of them seem be TOO aware of the camera. Suede's 3rd person thing is clearly a gimmick, and Blayne is trying way too hard to be the next Christian Siriano.

In terms of talent, though, I'm impressed with a lot of the designers. Blayne bugs me, but I thought his second dress was pretty and well-made, and even though I wasn't nuts about the neon thing he sent down the runway this week - it was interesting, well-made, and had a clear point of view. The least talented seems to be Stella, but she can at least make a well-tailored fitted dress. No talentless hacks like Vincent on this one, and no Wendy Pepper. I wasn't crazy about Kenley's dress this week, but I loved hers last week (same with Suede's); I hated Jerrell's and Leanne's last week but loved theirs this week; I've loved all of Daniel's - basically, I'm seeing potential in a lot of these designers.
    I agree that there is some real talent in this group. I think this week's challenge should have been the first one. This is the one in which we really get a chance to see who these people are as designers. They had complete creative freedom and control and some of them really stepped up.

I am not yet convinced that Blayne has talent. I do see a taste issue with him. I haven't yet forgotten that first hideous diaper - what in the world was that! - design. I think he could have easily been the first one sent home. He is trying way too hard to be Christian. Why can't he just be himself? Or would that be too hard for us to take.

I am definitely hitting the mute button on my remote next week whenever Suede starts to open his mouth. I just can't stand it anymore. I think he is being not only annoying, but a complete phony with that talking about himself in the third person.

Stella has not convinced me yet that she is not a one-note. It's true that she did pull off that really short dress with the asymmetrical sleeve. I actually liked it. But she went back to same old, same old this week and it wasn't even done well or with any creative vision. She whines too much and is kind of vulgar. I will have to be convinced that she has the versatility that this competition demands.

I love Kenley, even though I wasn't wowed by this week's design. She has a charismatic personality and a kind of aura about her that I love. I see some real genius in her.

Daniel is another of my favorites. He hasn't done a bad design yet. He seems confident, grounded, with a good sense of who he is as a designer. I loved his first two outfits, but I didn't love this week's creation as much. I think he is another one to watch.

Kelli, Terri, Keith and maybe Joe are others that I will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3152501;
    I agree that there is some real talent in this group. I think this week's challenge should have been the first one. This is the one in which we really get a chance to see who these people are as designers. They had complete creative freedom and control and some of them really stepped up.

I am not yet convinced that Blayne has talent. I do see a taste issue with him. I haven't yet forgotten that first hideous diaper - what in the world was that! - design. I think he could have easily been the first one sent home. He is trying way too hard to be Christian. Why can't he just be himself? Or would that be too hard for us to take.

I am definitely hitting the mute button on my remote next week whenever Suede starts to open his mouth. I just can't stand it anymore. I think he is being not only annoying, but a complete phony with that talking about himself in the third person.

Stella has not convinced me yet that she is not a one-note. It's true that she did pull off that really short dress with the asymmetrical sleeve. I actually liked it. But she went back to same old, same old this week and it wasn't even done well or with any creative vision. She whines too much and is kind of vulgar. I will have to be convinced that she has the versatility that this competition demands.

I love Kenley, even though I wasn't wowed by this week's design. She has a charismatic personality and a kind of aura about her that I love. I see some real genius in her.

Daniel is another of my favorites. He hasn't done a bad design yet. He seems confident, grounded, with a good sense of who he is as a designer. I loved his first two outfits, but I didn't love this week's creation as much. I think he is another one to watch.

Kelli, Terri, Keith and maybe Joe are others that I will be watching.
    Oops! I left out Leanne. She has gotten my attention with her brilliant skirt design this week. It was a great comeback and showed that she does have something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3150009;
    Ah...I kinda wish the plant grate lady won. Thanks to the banner that would be Leanne.
    To me it looked like the best outfit--the most sophisticated and best made--by quite a bit. It perhaps lost points by not being identifiable as anything New Yorkish in any way. A plant grate could be from anywhere. If it said New York at all, it was merely BECAUSE it was sophisticated and well made.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3149874;
    They could choose their own fabrics this time. Stella is using leatha.
    To give her credit, I actually thought it looked okay, even if not horribly original. I mean if we were expecting it to look like a Hell's Angel's outfit... well, it didn't.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

For me, Kenley's two-piece outfit was nice, but boring. Yes, I know her inspiration came from the grate around the tree, but perhaps a little color would have cheered things up a bit.

Not as much color as Emily used, but just a hint of something other than black and gray.

I actually missed the photographing part of the show and had to wonder if Emily had met up with a bunch of construction workers trying to stay warm around a barrel. Her dress looked like it was going up in flames. Appropriate, seeing that she crashed and burned on this challenge.

Agree with those who said Keith's dress would have been okay had it not been for all the stark white fabric he used.

Stella is reminding me more and more of that relative/friend who shows up at a party with the latest in a long line of scary looking boyfriends, makes inappropriate comments, gets drunk and leaves after spilling red wine on your white carpet or burning a hole in your letha chair with her cigarette.

When faced with the prospect of being trapped in an elevator with Stella (and her accented whining), Blayne (and his -ishessness) or Suede (and his third personage), I think I would chose Suede.

Of course, the thought of cutting the cable and plummeting to my death remains an option.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3153533;
    For me, Kenley's two-piece outfit was nice, but boring. Yes, I know her inspiration came from the grate around the tree, but perhaps a little color would have cheered things up a bit.

Not as much color as Emily used, but just a hint of something other than black and gray.

I actually missed the photographing part of the show and had to wonder if Emily had met up with a bunch of construction workers trying to stay warm around a barrel. Her dress looked like it was going up in flames. Appropriate, seeing that she crashed and burned on this challenge.

Agree with those who said Keith's dress would have been okay had it not been for all the stark white fabric he used.

Stella is reminding me more and more of that relative/friend who shows up at a party with the latest in a long line of scary looking boyfriends, makes inappropriate comments, gets drunk and leaves after spilling red wine on your white carpet or burning a hole in your letha chair with her cigarette.

When faced with the prospect of being trapped in an elevator with Stella (and her accented whining), Blayne (and his -ishessness) or Suede (and his third personage), I think I would chose Suede.

Of course, the thought of cutting the cable and plummeting to my death remains an option.

I was just thinking that getting trapped in an elavator with Suede and Stella would drive anyone insane. I think that someone should contact Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA etc and any other law enforcement agency out there who would like to try a new interrorgation technique. It would get great results.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread