+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3150142;
    Aren't bubble skirts out yet? Please, soon?
    OMG, let's hope so. I mean, I loved mine when I had one in the sixth grade (many, many years ago) but puh-lease!

Keith should have gone...I just don't like him and his dorky glasses. (Yes, that's totally a valid reason. I'm standing by it. )

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3150142;
    Okay, here's why I think Blayne skated and Emily got the auf: they both threw rainbow barf on a little black dress, but Blayne's barf was more varied and arranged in a more intersting display...of rainbow barf.
    OK. I can see that. Blake's barf WAS more varied in its colors (and very STRONG, hot, primary colors, at that) and actually PLACED in a more interesting way on his little black dress. As opposed to Emily's peach-meets-orange-meets-lemon-meets-cantaloupe barf, that was just sort of dribbled just below the black asymmetrical shoulder of her dress, over the bust, and down the thigh.

I still think Blayne's barf rolling out so early in the lineup might've helped save his butt, too, though. They seemed to be rolling 'em out so fast at the beginning of the runway show that pretty much all I caught of it when I first saw it were those strong, strong colors. Then, when I saw it again, I really stopped, focused in on it, took a good look at it, and was truly able to appreciate it for the monstrosity that it was.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I actually kind of liked Keith's dress. I thought it was cute and I totally got the inspiration. Leanne's skirt was amazing but the top just kind of seemed like an after thought, the skirt was the star. As for Kenley winning with that dress...ummm...what??

ETA: Emily's dress was so much like Kara's dress in season 2 and it didn't work either time
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3150255;
    As for Kenley winning with that dress...ummm...what??
    Sometimes I think they pick certain looks to win just so that it seems like they know something that we viewers don't. And we're just supposed to understand and say "oh, okay."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

IMO the clock dress looked maternity. How could that designer even make something that gives one of those models a belly? I would have kicked her off for that. That dress was gross.

Kay

I thought Leanne should have won over Kenley big time. Leanne's skirt was soo detailed. Kenley was cute back in the 80s. I loved Terri's outfit and Keith would have been good had he tighten it up in the waist more. What the hell was the clock dress about? It didn't even resemble a clock. Heck it didn't resemble anything. Also, what was wrong with Sandra Bernhard's face?? It looked too botoxed.....

I may be in the minority, but I actually really liked Emily's dress.

Every time I see it on the web page I am pleased by the contrast between the color and the deep black. And the ruffles were executed nicely, I thought.

Tim Gunn said 'there was something wrong with the darts at the hip', but I'm not sure the judges could see that, (but how do I know?)

Anyway, can't believe Blayne got the pass over Emily.

And whoever suggested Keith's just needed to belted in - that's a hot suggestion! Depending on how that was executed, it might have been a contender for the win!

Also, to continue with my aimless ramble, I DO think there are a couple designers who are going to get passes for the next few weeks because of their drama factor. Unfair to the more-talented-but-less-quirky.

But that's what the producers want, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3149846;
    My tanning salon (where I spray-tan) is practically across the street from Parsons. Blayne should just go there. Time Square salons would be totally overpriced.
    Blayne doesn't need to go anywhere...he already looks like a tangerine...

Suede just sounds like that loser dentist Will dated in an episode of Will & Grace. And what's up with Stella? I don't mind her leatha obsession, but what a whiner! Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but she looks like Cher's grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3150255;
    I actually kind of liked Keith's dress. I thought it was cute and I totally got the inspiration. Leanne's skirt was amazing but the top just kind of seemed like an after thought, the skirt was the star. As for Kenley winning with that dress...ummm...what??

ETA: Emily's dress was so much like Kara's dress in season 2 and it didn't work either time
    Are you talking about Kara's black dress with the yellow stripe on it? B/c I thought the exact same thing. It was a problem not only in that the dress was ugly and boring, but that it was too literal an interpretation of the photo. (oh, there's a red and orange stripe going thru, so I'm just going to tack a red and orange stripe on the dress.) I thought Tim's comment was right on - it was a corsage on a black dress.

Blayne's was busy, yes, but it was much more integrated into the dress and much more deliberate. Plus, to be fair, it was Times Square. The neon pink was part of the skirt and hem, not just tacked on. And the blue really formed the collar. I wouldn't wear it, but I don't hate it. Tim's comments from bravotv.com:

"Blayne designed an exaggerated handkerchief hem dress in black with neon-colored fabric wrapped and draped in billowing layers. The look possessed an elegance and sophistication, whereas it could have gone wacky and costumey. Were there similarities to Emily's design? Indeed, but in Blayne's case, it was impossible to extract the neon fabric without diminishing the integrity of his work. And his design certainly corresponded with his Times Square inspiration."

+ Reply to Thread