+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 2 Creations - "Green" Fabrics Challenge

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Re: Week 2 Creations - "Green" Fabrics Challenge

I'm trying to ignore the length of these cocktail dresses, and the fact that they are made of such shiny-80's-cheap-prom material (maybe the more matte organic fabrics were too expensive to even buy a yard of?)

My favorites were Emily's, Leanne's and Terri's (by far), but all of these were a little too "day" for cocktail dresses.

I also really liked Kenley's, though not my style, it was beautiful and should have ran away with the title.

Keith, Stella, Kelli and Daniel would have been in my middle tier, I really liked them, they were cocktail dresses, and... good!

The rest, I really disliked. Especially Korto's, I do not understand her choosing accentuate curves to the point of making them disproportionate on a completely proportionate (and not even plus-size) model.

I don't understand why Suede wasn't in the bottom. I hated it. It looks like one of those potholder/trivets you put on the table underneath a hot plate. With organic (really?) tulle (really?) No. And, No.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 07-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by tammommy;3143147;
    I didn't realize how short most of them were until looking at this.

Some of them were just about indecent they were that short, including Stella's. WOW. I was surprised.
    I'm wondering if the shortness of the dresses was related to a lack of fabric issue. The models didn't seem to get guidance on how much fabric to get and most seemed to get more than one fabric. Maybe they were thinking the fabrics would be mixed together which not all of the designers chose to do?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3144356;
    I'm sure that the employees at MOOD helped guide the models towards the "green" fabrics, but who (if anyone) helped guide them towards buying the right amount of fabric?

Given the length of some of the dresses, I'm left wondering if they got any help at all.
    Sorry, Little Sew&Sew. I just saw your comment that was essentially the same as mine. I do think that's exactly what happened.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

No problem Chris. If anything, your duplicate reinforces the idea of models picking the fabric as questionable. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm not totally bonkers!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123