+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Creations - Grocery Store Challenge

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Re: Week 1 Creations - Grocery Store Challenge

Leanne and Kelli did the best, in my opinion.

Wesley's gloves and flyswatter detailing was fantastic, but it's too much yellow for me.
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

A few WOW!'s, a couple of WHAT?'s and a couple of WHY?'s with only a couple of WTF?'s... not bad at all.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

The raincoat was awful, but I really think they should have auf'ed all three at the bottom. They were all worse than awful, I can't think of any worthy description for them. I can only hope that Blayne will either get a new vocabulary or leave soon. He's going to drive me mad.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3138151;
    The raincoat was awful, but I really think they should have auf'ed all three at the bottom. They were all worse than awful, I can't think of any worthy description for them. I can only hope that Blayne will either get a new vocabulary or leave soon. He's going to drive me mad.
    I totally agree! Blayne's "diaper suit" was god-awful, Stella's dress was boooorrring, and the raincoat outfit was "HUH??"

FORT Fan

I think they should have "auf'ed" both of the bottom two. Yuck

I was a little disappointed that they repeated a challenge that was pretty stupid the first time.

It does seem like they have a really good group of candidates, lots of experienced designers, less home sewers and "artists" who mark patterns with spit haha....so hopefully this will be a good season.

Oh yes, and I agree that Blaine might become Uber Annoying.

The more I think about it, the more I think that pink marshmallow thing should've been in the bottom as well. They had four in the bottom once last year (prom challenge, even though Chris should've been in the top).

In 'Tim's Take', Tim said he liked the 'pink marshmallow thing'. He was looking forward to what else the designer would come up with.

I'm thinking it was probably more impressive in person. At least it incorporated food-like materials, which was in keeping with the challenge.

I think what I liked about Kelli's dress is that the "grocery" item was placed atop muslin and a bit of muslin looked like a flirty peek at the bottom of the skirt. I cinged for her model, though, because weren't the gold studs on the raised waistline tacks of some sort? All I could think was the poor girl was getting poked.

When I saw Daniel's finished dress I flashed back to his video in the first show where he highlighted a few of his designs and there was a red sculpted sweetheart cocktail dress that looked very, very similar. I think both he and Korto went back to their design esthetics for the challenge. He with a previous look and she with the African cut and drape. I loved the craftsmanship in her creation.

All the monochrome, whether white or yellow, in the dresses made it very hard to see the detail on TV - and in the photographs. They must look very good close up. Except for Blaine's "whatever-itis." The idea of the bodystocking was wow, but even in this photograph, the use of the white triangular diaper piece was way too gross.

Maybe Stella could have sort of redeemed her strips of thin plastic by adding a shawl. As Austin said, maybe she could have used muslin (since that was the only real material available to her) to trim the seams like a seam binding - at least it would have brought in a second color other than the thin white thread.

Sorry - these comments are more show thread stuff - but I really appreciated seeing the designs once more as I comment on them. Looking at them again, I think the judges made the right choice and have put both Stella and Blaine on notice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3139126;
    I think they should have "auf'ed" both of the bottom two. Yuck

I was a little disappointed that they repeated a challenge that was pretty stupid the first time.

It does seem like they have a really good group of candidates, lots of experienced designers, less home sewers and "artists" who mark patterns with spit haha....so hopefully this will be a good season.

Oh yes, and I agree that Blaine might become Uber Annoying.
    I have to agree that they should have kicked off both of the bottom two, and thrown Blayne in for good measure. I found his whatever the heck outfit positively disgusting. That diaper thing that barely covered her crotch was the most tasteless and gross thing I have seen since I started watching this show. Blayne is already over the top annoying. The fact that he really seemed to think that his design was good was even more shocking. I just do not like him at all.

I think Stella should go because she is totally disgustingly obnoxious, as well as making a truly ugly, lazy so-called design.

I wish they would change it up and actually eliminate more than one if they deserve it. That at least would be honest.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Leanne, Keith, Korto, Daniel and Kelli did the best this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast