+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3137460;
    I think that the judges may have made the final decision on just how wearable(comfort wise) the dresses really are and not just how they look. The plastic cup dress, looks wise, was much more wearable but it looked like you could hurt yourself wearing it. The vacuum bag dress was a little silly but at least looked comfortable. I was happy with either one winning. At least two of the people put some effort into the challenge.
    Michael's blog on Bravo TV Shows: Fashion, Comedy, Celebrity and Real Estate Shows - Official Bravo TV Site made me feel better about the dress that won - I had liked the cup dress (and the yellow one that wasn't in the top three) better. The skirt was very pretty, though, and I thought using the spiral notebook to create hook-and-eye clasps was soooo innovative and cool-looking. They were both great. I just didn't like the coffee filter bra thingie.

Stella is only 42????? I call shennigans on that. I am 43....so when she was designing Grammy outfits for Debbie Harry during the Blondie heydey, I was 14 years old. SO she was 13? And there was no article in People magazine (I haven't missed and issue of that since it's inception) about the child prodigy designer to the stars???

She obvously didn't spend her remaining allowance at Gristede's on under eye concealer.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3136799;
    Is it just me or is this the MOST boring group of designers so far? There doesn't seem to be much activity on these threads (so far) so I can only assume that others aren't too enthusiastic about them either. The fact that half of the designers used fabric like items, in the first challenge, says it all. They had the opportunity to be really creative and they looked for an easy way out. They had the chance to make a work of art and most couldn't do it. They can't think outside of the box. The big yellow dress really made me mad. She was just as bad as all of the other tablecloth people but( just to cover her ass) she hung a giant garnish around the neck (easy way out). NOTHING like Austin's dress in the first season! The top three dresses were good but but they really didn't have much competition. Project Runway is going to to go out (on BRAVO) with a whimper, not a bang!
    And remember that Austin forgot to refrigerate his dress overnight and it withered all up and was still far superior to any of the tablecloth, trashbag crap on this first episode

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3138125;
    Michael's blog on Bravo TV Shows: Fashion, Comedy, Celebrity and Real Estate Shows - Official Bravo TV Site made me feel better about the dress that won - I had liked the cup dress (and the yellow one that wasn't in the top three) better. The skirt was very pretty, though, and I thought using the spiral notebook to create hook-and-eye clasps was soooo innovative and cool-looking. They were both great. I just didn't like the coffee filter bra thingie.
    Thanks for the link to Micheal's blog. That helped me to understand their thought process. I guess I can accept their decision. I still love that blue cup dress and always will, but I can see that Kelli did have a lot of creativity and originality in her design. I agree that the only bad thing was the coffee filter bra thing. It just did not do it for me.

I don't think this season got off to a bang, but I do think things will heat up. The previews for this week indicate that the challenge is going to give some of them a nervous breakdown.

I think Stella was lucky that Jerry's psycho outfit got him kicked off. Hers really was just awful. Also, where is the workmanship and effort? She picked a stupid cheap type of garbage bag that wasn't going to work for any kind of design, left herself with no other options and then did a lame ass outfit that looked like it was thrown together. Also, she is beyond obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3136485;
    I couldn't decide which one I wanted to go....the Trashy Garbage Bag dress or the Psycho Nurse Murder outfit. I probably would have decided to get rid of Stella, all things being equal (ugly)...she really didn't put much effort into the challenge and with $75 on hand, she could have bought something more besides trash bags to make room for creativity.
    So much word. Keeping Stella over Jerry was ridiculous, imo. At least Jerry put some indication of effort into the challenge - unlike Miss "OMG, I'm just not gonna do this, whatever' Stella.

I actually thought that Jerry's outfit, sans the killer gloves and rubber boots, could've been okay. Like, the white trench under different circumstances could've actually been cute, whereas Stella's shapeless, boring garbage (literally) dress would never be cute. Seriously, the model looked like she just stepped into a garbage bag and Stella cut holes for the arms and back.

And her chaps bothered me. I seriously thought that the only people who wore chaps wore them as jokes. Or for Halloween costumes.

FORT Newbie

After catching a small portion of last season and this episode, I think my viewing time might be limited to the last 15 minutes, if at all. Guess the novelty has worn off.

And blayne
    Last edited by exzebache; 07-22-2008 at 12:36 AM.

The inside-out dress that Korto made was one of the worst dresses that has ever been on Project Runway. If anyone ever wore that thing out in public, people would be either laughing or tapping you on the shoulder to tell you that you put your clothes on wrong! I just don't get how she didn't get voted off. No, I didn't like the other two but AT LEAST they could be worn out without getting pointed at. It was awful, awful, awful!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567