+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3135865;
    What's up with Blaine's apparent coke habit? No wonder he put out some @ssy POS. He really needs to go... and soon.

And while Kelli's skirt was innovative & beautiful, that coffee filter top was horrendous. I really thought Joe & Terri got robbed. While the cup dress was a neat idea & hard to do, the sillouette really was boring and not so great.
    I agree about the top. It looked to me like what a cartoon character wears when another cartoon character walks in on her half-dressed. Not that this happens often.

I loved the yellow dress with the little gloves. It looked like modern-day Audrey Hepburn.

I feel like the same thing with the fabric issue happened Season 3. Tim Gunn was cautioning Keith because he used bedding to make his dress, which didn't seem very innovative, and Keith ended up winning. This time he scared the crap out of the people using tablecloths, but none of them (unless you count Jerry) were in the bottom 3, and one made it to the top 3.

Austin was a nice judge.

FORT Fogey

Re: Project Runway Season 5 in the Media

I only saw a bit of last night's show, but when I did tune it, all I saw was a bunch of young rocker-looking kinds of people. No offense against young people - have two of them at home - but I sure hope this show isn't turning into a show for fashion teens.

Oh, and none of the judges looked pleased to be there. They all seem a litlle grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3135565;
    I have to join the chorus of people who ask: What the heck did she spend $75 on? That dress was made of 3, maybe 4 packs of those cheap garbage bags. Where did the other $50-60 go?
    Maybe she gave the rest to Blayne to buy coke!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3134874;
    Stella applying her stick deoderant is an image I am trying to shake...
    in the kitchen no less....
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;3135594;
    If you are referring to the actual challenge where Elisa Jimenez spit on her design, it was the Sarah Jessica-Parker challenge, and her poncho-dress-thing almost won (came in 2nd I believe).
    Yes, but in the very first challenge, Eliza's dress was a beautiful teal, long, and then had all that extra fabric barfing a train out of the back end. The model, in hideous boots, got her legs caught in this train. Eliza did not spit on this dress, but she might as well have.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Re: Project Runway Season 5 in the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3136044;
    I only saw a bit of last night's show, but when I did tune it, all I saw was a bunch of young rocker-looking kinds of people. No offense against young people - have two of them at home - but I sure hope this show isn't turning into a show for fashion teens.

Oh, and none of the judges looked pleased to be there. They all seem a litlle grumpy.
    That's how I felt too. I just can't get excited about this group. Of course, that could change, I hope.
    Susan

I finally got to see the episode tonight and loved it. I think my favorite line from the previews was Tim saying, "It's like a pterodactyl. In a gay Jurassic Park."
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3136004;
    I feel like the same thing with the fabric issue happened Season 3. Tim Gunn was cautioning Keith because he used bedding to make his dress, which didn't seem very innovative, and Keith ended up winning. This time he scared the crap out of the people using tablecloths, but none of them (unless you count Jerry) were in the bottom 3, and one made it to the top 3.
    Tim did tell Keith that the use of bed sheets were not innovative enough, and I think Tim did say in Tim's take that he didn't agree with the judges. Neither did I, if they are looking for innovation a bed sheet or a table cloth is not innovative. I guess they can't put rules on people "You can buy whatever you want, but aviod the fabric like materials", it should be up to the designers to figure out for themselves.

Korto used a table cloth, but also used vegetables to decorate it (I haven't seen the episode so if I get something wrong, that's why), which I guess would be the same as building a dress on muslin, only with the cloth a bigger part of the design. Just creating a dress from a table cloth would be boring to me.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 07-18-2008 at 01:54 AM.

I couldn't decide which one I wanted to go....the Trashy Garbage Bag dress or the Psycho Nurse Murder outfit. I probably would have decided to get rid of Stella, all things being equal (ugly)...she really didn't put much effort into the challenge and with $75 on hand, she could have bought something more besides trash bags to make room for creativity.

I think the right designer won. However I do not agree also for Korto to be in the top 3. The Mop outfit is very creative and should have been in the top 3.

FORT Regular

Stella should have gone home, but she'll stay around a bit for shock factor and the "why the hell is she still in this" vibe...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast