+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway 7/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3135186;
    Stella's dress was a hot mess. She should have left before the other guy. But is just me or was this dejavu with Stella's outfit and the girl from last year on spit on her dress to mark it? She had the worst outfit last year too, but they kept her like they did Stella. That kid with too short outfit should have been the one to leave. What the heck was that????

Kellies, The Dixi cup dress, Kortos and Terri's mops outfit was the best in my opinion.
    Thank goodness I am not the only one who was reminded of that wacko woman who spit on her dresses to mark them. For the life of me, I cannot remember her name. I don't think I want to. I am from New York originally, hence my screen name, but I have to say that Stella is the image of New Yorkers that gives us a bad name. I was amazed that they let her stay. I actually thought it would be Blayne, simply because that horro he created with what looked like a diaper barely covering the model's crotch, was in extremely bad taste. Probably the most obnoxious, hideous garment I have ever seen. Blayne is beyond annoying. The fact that he actually thought it was good and that he had a chance of winning, means that he must be borderline insane.

So many here already know some of the names. It takes me a week or two to remember them. I think the guy who did the blue cup dress should have won. Now that's creative and innovative and gorgeous. Kelli is the one who won, I think that's her name? I liked what she did, the bleaching on the vacuum bags was genius, but I wasn't crazy about the top. However, it was definitely interesting and appealing. I did not love that yellow tablecloth dress with the vegetables on it. All I could think is what might happen if you were out in the heat and it all started to get mushy. Ugh! I did like Terri's mop design. That was really ingenious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3135341;
    I almost forget this was on last night and missed the first 20 minutes. Still, I do wish that they would have a garbage bag or plastic bag challenge so that all the designers could participate. Come on Stella you can do better than that. I could do better than that. What the heck is wrong with braiding the plastic to create rope and make a plastic rope dress. You could use white kitchen bags to break up the black and of course there are green and blue plastic bags available. How about cutting up some strips and weaving together panels? Instead of just cutting rectangles and blanket stitching them together.
    I don't even think she cut the rectangle lengths out. She just simply took the bag from the roll (still folded) and blanket stitched them so that the layers stayed together. In any sense, the dress was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3135389;
    I don't even think she cut the rectangle lengths out. She just simply took the bag from the roll (still folded) and blanket stitched them so that the layers stayed together. In any sense, the dress was a disaster.
    What? How dare she call herself a creatvie person.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3135389;
    I have to join the chorus of people who ask: What the heck did she spend $75 on? That dress was made of 3, maybe 4 packs of those cheap garbage bags. Where did the other $50-60 go?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I noticed they didn't give us the models' names during the runway and they usually do. They only showed the designer's name and materials used.

There are still no model bios up at Bravo either...

I like it better when the models are a little more included as part of the cast. We'll have to learn their names next week...
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3135186;
    Stella's dress was a hot mess. She should have left before the other guy. But is just me or was this dejavu with Stella's outfit and the girl from last year on spit on her dress to mark it? She had the worst outfit last year too, but they kept her like they did Stella.
    If you are referring to the actual challenge where Elisa Jimenez spit on her design, it was the Sarah Jessica-Parker challenge, and her poncho-dress-thing almost won (came in 2nd I believe).

Still, Stella was the obvious choice to go home and I think they held Jerry up to a higher standard, as a previous poster on here mentioned. As ugly as it was, it was at least a thought out and executed "hot mess." I think this was disastrous for him, as it ruins his name a bit. That model should have just gone in back and murdered him with that outfit still on--to put him out of his misery. He has his own fashion line and seemed to be the most established designer in the group.

And seriously, the $75 would have covered her buying the better quality bags. Don't get mad, get Glad.
    Last edited by muggle; 07-17-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Is it me or do all of the female designers look like variations of one another? All of the brunettes look alike.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Kao

Lol @ Getting Glad. I would have gotten the heavy 2-ply Hefty bags, not those cheap craps she ended up with.

I liked Jerry's designs and had high hopes for him. Then he made that nurses outfit and got the chop. I liked both him and Stella so it sucked that both of them were up for the chop, but they deserved it.

The yellow dress with the garland was gorgeous, and her model wore it well. I also liked the vacuum cleaner bag skirt (but not the top, unfortunately), the mop crochet outfit, and the cup dress. I can't say that I liked the thing that Wake and Bake made, but it did make me smile and was memorable. Unfortunately, the rest of the outfits that were created weren't that memorable. :/

How come no ever tries to use paper bags? After all they are free. Or how about brown lunch bags.

No that I think about it, I would love to see someone make a koosh ball or regular plastic ball dress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What's up with Blaine's apparent coke habit? No wonder he put out some @ssy POS. He really needs to go... and soon.

And while Kelli's skirt was innovative & beautiful, that coffee filter top was horrendous. I really thought Joe & Terri got robbed. While the cup dress was a neat idea & hard to do, the sillouette really was boring and not so great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast