+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leanne - Season 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Leanne - Season 5

Leanne is my favorite far above the others.

This season overall has been a bit disappointing. The challenges have been fun, drag queens, Diane Von Furstenberg! However, most of the contestants this season are weak compared to seasons past. But Leanne stands out because she is talented and there is something very sweet and real about her. She isn't trying to be a character like Suede and Blayne. She isn't playing up any drama for camera time. I can respect her. Leanne is just being Leanne, and she is likeable.

Without a doubt, she'll be showing a collection at Bryant Park. I wish her well.

FORT Fogey

She is my current favorite. Her dry sense of humor catches my heart.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Apparel & Accessories | Leanimal's apparel puts green materials to good use | NWsource

I found this link while searching for Leanimal Designs. It is from a Seattle online news source dated last February and talks about how she uses "green" fabrics in feminine fashion.

One thing I did find when perusing her website and the few designs posted there is that, if she sticks to her style, we'll be seeing a lot of ruching and bunching if she does show at Bryant Park. The cleanest design lines are in her Summer 2007 collection, but the colder months are showing more intricate and "overdone" construction.

Remember early on when Tim told her she didn't need all the ruffles? So, far she has listened to him and I hope her designs for Fashion Week are also edited away from so much ruching and ruffles. There's feminine and then there is too much feminine.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-07-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Who is John Galt?

My favorite so far. Her designs are lovely, her personality is sweet, and she has a subtle wit. Hope she wins it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tay;3191144;

This season overall has been a bit disappointing.
    I completely agree. I can't believe out of the thousands of applicants they pulled this group out of the talent pool. I've always enjoyed this show, but not as much this season is a diappointment. Leanne stands out even more since it seems like some of them were chosen by random or eenie, meenie, miney, mo, rather than their talent.

I was sad when Leanne broke up with Karalynne, one of my favorite models this season. I think it was a mature decision though, they can't 'owe' the models their safety since they didn't choose them at the beginning.

Karalynn's doing well, and she did get to model at BP for Joe. Yeah, I felt bad for Karalynn, but it IS a competition and at this point Leanne has to make sure she gets the best model. In this case either Tia or Xaviera.

FORT Fogey

Isn't she the model thst almost threw Leanne under the bus when she was negative about the brown dress?

She's lucky Leanne kept her as long as she did after that performance

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3205937;
    Isn't she the model thst almost threw Leanne under the bus when she was negative about the brown dress?

She's lucky Leanne kept her as long as she did after that performance
    I thought that, too. I thought that dress was not bad. I actually did not like Suede's dress and thought it looked sloppy. And I think Tia was a better model than Karalyn. I felt sorry for Karalyn though, being so close to the final (and possibly winning) and losing your place, so I can see where the tears are coming from.

FORT Fogey

Even if you hated the dress, it is not your place to be negative if you are associating with the designer as her model.

I was shocked that she did that to Leanne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast