+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leanne - Season 5

aga
    FORTified

Re: Leanne - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3131605;
    Another Type A ambitious girl...but, where the heck is Yuta, California? Something else I'll need to look up.

I tried Google for Yuta, CA and came up with a restaurant off Ventura Blvd in Los Angeles. I've lived in CA most of my life and SoCal for the last 14 years and I've never heard of a "town" named Yuta. I found another reference which leads to Baja California (Mexico) so maybe Yuta is short for Yucatan? If anyone can help clear my confustion (small thing I know) I would appreciate it.

P.S. There is also a ceramic designer named Yuta Watanabe in SoCal. So, anyway, I'm guessing she is from the LA area. LOL
    Her hometown is listed as Yuba City, CA on another site. Yuba City is in northern California.
    Last edited by aga; 08-02-2008 at 05:06 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by aga;3153070;
    Her hometown is listed as Yuba City, CA on another site. Yuba City is in northern California.
    Well, that makes sense, now. I know where Yuba City is...it's in the Sacramento valley area north of Sacramento, east of Chico and near Marysville.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When I think of her the first thing I think of is her hair. She reminds me of me in middle/high school. Kinda mousy..
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

She is the quiet one with the big smile. She fades into the background because she doesn't have the big personality like the others do, but she is proving herself with design and that is what counts. She listens, she edits and now she wins a challenge. She is the one I like to watch for just that reason. No fuss, no muss - let your designs speak for you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3180301;
    She is the quiet one with the big smile. She fades into the background because she doesn't have the big personality like the others do, but she is proving herself with design and that is what counts. She listens, she edits and now she wins a challenge. She is the one I like to watch for just that reason. No fuss, no muss - let your designs speak for you.
    I completely agree with you! She is getting more confident every week. I like her point of view and creativity. That dress she did this week out of auto parts was simply genius. She should have won for the New York nightlife challenge, so I am really happy for her. I love her quiet personality. She doesn't get dramatic, isn't a phony and pays attention to what the judges AND Tim say. She's smart. I think she is now a contender for the final three.

Her dress this week was the first time I felt that spark of "Hey, now this is something different and cool" all season. I'm so happy the judges gave her the win. She had a great dress the week it was NY night life, too.

I think she's very smart because she wears her own designs to judging. That just makes sense to me - they should all be doing that.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

I bet she will make Bryant Park. I love her sense of humor too. Gaglicious was precious.

I really like her. I loved it when she said, "He just makes me want to barf. And I guess that should be barf-licious."

Her design this week was awesome! It's a good thing she was kept over Wesley in week 2.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3131605;
    Another Type A ambitious girl...but, where the heck is Yuta, California? Something else I'll need to look up.

I tried Google for Yuta, CA and came up with a restaurant off Ventura Blvd in Los Angeles. I've lived in CA most of my life and SoCal for the last 14 years and I've never heard of a "town" named Yuta. I found another reference which leads to Baja California (Mexico) so maybe Yuta is short for Yucatan? If anyone can help clear my confustion (small thing I know) I would appreciate it.

P.S. There is also a ceramic designer named Yuta Watanabe in SoCal. So, anyway, I'm guessing she is from the LA area. LOL
    I bet it is Yuba City (I attended Chico State so I passed throught YC several times).

I'm liking her more and more with each passing episode. She's not that much of an A personality, however, I wouldn't want to compete against her.
    Last edited by roses4me; 09-01-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: addeth and taketh away
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3185301;
    I bet it is Yuba City (I attended Chico State so I passed throught YC several times).

I'm liking her more and more with each passing episode. She's not that much of an A personality, however, I wouldn't want to compete against her.
    I agree it's probably Yuba City. I grew up near Mt. Shasta and know where the towns are in that area, at least. Her bio still doesn't make sense, though. It says she is a Portland native and sells her designs in Portland, etc. It sounds as though she also lives in Portland, but it says she graduated design school in San Francisco (closest fashion center to Yuba City.) So, was she born in Portland, but grew up in Yuba City? If I get the energy, I'll do some more research.

Since my first post in her thread, I've had a chance to reavaluate and, while she would have to be a driven person to succeed in the design world, I now see her as a B+ with all the good qualities of A and B. Am I showing a prejudice?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast