Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Korto - Season 5

Korto

Home: Liberia
    Education: Fashion School in Ottawa, Canada
    Favorite designers: Tracy Reese, Valentino, and Randolph Duke
    Fashion must: Great bag

Originally from Liberia, Korto moved to Canada to attend fashion school. After school, she moved outside of Little Rock, Arkansas, where she now resides with her husband and daughter. Drawing from her African roots, Korto infuses tribal details into her classic designs. She is inspired by rich fabrics and textures and says her designs are intended for real, full-figured women. In her spare time, Korto works as a freelance fashion photographer, dances in an African dance troupe and does African hair braiding and makeup. She says her family considers her to be fun and easygoing.

Re: Korto - Season 5

Ooh! I can't wait to see her designs!

She seems like she could be interesting...I just hope she's not another Zulema...

I really don't like these bios they don't really say anything since we don't get to see their design point of view; what does, for example, "classic designs" mean?

Anyway, when reading the bio, it seems like she could be a little one note, with the African influences. We all know that PR wants a designer to adapt to different situations. Also, while I like the fact that she designs for full-figured women (which was why I didn't agree with Christian as a winner), this show uses skinny models and she needs to work that too.

That being said, I think the mix of African influences and modern clothes (if that is what classic designs are) could be interesting, as long as she varies it and doesn't make it one note.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Although her dress did appear to be well made, it also appeared to be three times bigger than the model needed it to be. Muumuu anyone?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

^i think it was the concept, she had it tied around to show her waist, thats a style

Kathleen(antm cycle 8):my gramma has no booty,my momma has no booty there for i have no booty

FORT Regular

I loved what she did, she's another favorite of mine, can't wait to see what else she does.

I, too, liked what she did this week...

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3131255;
    Anyway, when reading the bio, it seems like she could be a little one note, with the African influences. We all know that PR wants a designer to adapt to different situations. Also, while I like the fact that she designs for full-figured women (which was why I didn't agree with Christian as a winner), this show uses skinny models and she needs to work that too.

That being said, I think the mix of African influences and modern clothes (if that is what classic designs are) could be interesting, as long as she varies it and doesn't make it one note.
    Africa is a huge continent with very distinctive and varying looks, colors and materials used depending on what country you're in; it's not all kente cloth and tribal patterns. :/ That's like saying European design is "one note" based on designs you might see coming out of Ireland.

Anyway, I can honestly say that her dress was one of the few memorable ones that was actually decent that I remember from the show.

Dress was impeccable. Loved the detail work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast