+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Korto - Season 5

Dude. The girl is tough and focused. No chip, not 'tude, no nuthin'. Just tough and focused.

And, the fact that she chose Jerrell and Leanne as the two she'd like to join her at Fashion Week not only because of their design skills but because of who they are as people says volumes. She has humanity.

I think you are misinterpriting that she does not care for her stoicism. Remember, she survived the Liberian civil war as a child and showing weakness could get you killed. I'm sure a lot of how she appears is due to how she was raised by her family. I like her reserved manner.

That's why as tough as I'm sure life has been for many of the contestants on the show, it doesn't give them a license to be a**wipes-I'm talking to you Kenley. If Korto can be gracious toward her competition when life has been so tough, so can the rest of the sometimes "Whine and Cheeze" group.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Even without knowing of her horrific childhood, I would like Korto's personality. She IS reserved and thoughtful (wary?) but I notice she and Leanne have the same type of sense of humor - low keyed and a bit snarky. Look at the way they've talked together the past couple of shows. Korto is also the one who made the comment about Kenley - "bad design comes from bad attitude." (paraphrase)

I've always loved the vibrant earth tones of the african influence and I like how she uses cloth, design and jewels to enhance the women she dresses.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Who is John Galt?

Korto runs hot and cold for me. For most of the season I have liked her designs, and a few of them I have loved. However, the last challenge - wedding gown and bridesmaid dress - did not show off her unique talent. Both were understated and, quite frankly, boring. I hope she brings it in the finale. I want either her or Leanne to win. Please not Kenley.

I know an American soldier that was in Liberia during the rescue/pull out. He knew there was no way he would be left behind and he was shaken for at least a year after it was over. Not everyone was rescued and the families that were not were massacured. It was really hard for the soldier to deal with, and his getting on the boat didn't mean that other families didn't go...nor did he personally know anyone that was slaughtered!

Can you imagine?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmingFrock;3217017;
    I know an American soldier that was in Liberia during the rescue/pull out. He knew there was no way he would be left behind and he was shaken for at least a year after it was over. Not everyone was rescued and the families that were not were massacured. It was really hard for the soldier to deal with, and his getting on the boat didn't mean that other families didn't go...nor did he personally know anyone that was slaughtered!

Can you imagine?

No. To even know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody would be life alterning -much less to actually live through or witness it.

One thing about Korto that has been endearing to me is that as the end got closer, she really started to seem to loosen up - enjoying her success and bonding with the others. Despite her shield of armor, she laughed and giggled and seemed to be having some fun!

I love Korto and love her designs, I hope she has much success........

I love her sense of color.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I really loved Korto's designs for the finale. Her use of color and the free flowing look to her clothes was wonderful. I wish her the best in the future. I think we'll be hearing a lot about her in the future.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey

Just catching the show for the first time. I have to say, Korto's outfits look alot better on tv than on a 4"x6" computer video. I'm happy she "delivered"; I wasn't quite sure based on what I'd seen online..

+ Reply to Thread