+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Re: Korto - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3198614;
    Oh I think she will definitely be in the top three! I think Leanne is going to win, though.
    I get the feeling that Korto is very intense. Maybe that's why she comes across the way she does. The one time I did not like her was when she was paired up with Joe. I thought she threw her immunity in his face and overreacted to his comments about the jacket. It did need to be fitted and have more shape. But they seemed to work out their differences and all was good between them.

I caught that little exchange with Korto about who will make a better vest. I chalk it up to the strain and stress of trying to do well in the competition. She is not the warm and fuzzy type. The one I really disliked was Terri. Now that woman is just incapable of working as a team.

I do like Korto's designs and, unless someone is really obnoxious (Jeffrey, are you listening), I try not to let it affect the way I judge their work. I think Korto and Leanne are the clear frontrunners here and either one of them could win. I am leaning toward Leanne at this point.

I really hope she becomes a successful New York designer, I have a feeling that she would put alot of diverse girls on her runway. Her collection at fashion week was also stunning. I love her but I do agree that Leanne will probably in up winning, which is fine.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sometimes, coming in second in a competition like this can be better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3201107;
    Sometimes, coming in second in a competition like this can be better.

In most reality shows this is true, especially American Idol. But here, all the finalists get exposure but #1 gets a chunk of cash to start up or broaden their line. #1 is often singled out for further appearances on other reality shows and entertainment news as well.

Who is John Galt?

I like Korto's designs a lot, but don't care for her as a person. She has a huge chip on her shoulder and a surly personality. I find that a turn-off.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3202782;
    I like Korto's designs a lot, but don't care for her as a person. She has a huge chip on her shoulder and a surly personality. I find that a turn-off.

I know several Africans. This is the manner and demeanor many of them have. It is often misunderstood as arrogance. It's just a different sense of the world.

I like Korto very much. She's not fake like Blayne, have a nasty attitude like Kenley or whine like Keith.

She's calm, cool, collected and sure in her talent. Plus, she's not trying to be fan favorite and loved. She's very even. I like that.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fogey

I hope Korto is successful. I really like her designs and her demeanor. I respect her inner strength.

Plus, I think it's high-time that there is a visible African American designer (and a female to boot).

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3208119;
    I hope Korto is successful. I really like her designs and her demeanor. I respect her inner strength.

Plus, I think it's high-time that there is a visible African American designer (and a female to boot).
    Bravo is not big on diversity, and they are geographically challenged. I'm surprised they could find Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3202782;
    I too love her work and am really hoping she wins.

It does bother me that she never seems to care about anything. She shows no emotion at all not happy not sad. The tears this past week was the most I seen her show emotion since the start of the show.
    Either way though I adore her work.

+ Reply to Thread