+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Korto - Season 5

Diane Von Furstenberg praises her work and she cannot smile or say thank you. I rest my case. This woman is going to have a difficult time establishing herself or getting hired by a design house. It takes more than skill to make it in this business.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3188360;
    Diane Von Furstenberg praises her work and she cannot smile or say thank you. I rest my case. This woman is going to have a difficult time establishing herself or getting hired by a design house. It takes more than skill to make it in this business.
    She doesn't smile ever, she reminds of me "Dee" from what's happening, easily the best character ever, but she said thank you and sounded appreciative, so I felt she was honored, as she should have been. She's just not a overtly happy smiley person, I guess being a refugee can do that to you.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;3188305;
    I just have to step in an say I like Korto and I love her designs. She seems to be a naturally quiet, focused person. She also does not seem overly emotional, at least not in an outward way. I also wonder if there is a cultural facet to her personality/behavior. I am not familiar w Liberian culture. Anyway, she seems to take what she does very seriously. She also does not seem to get involved in the reality show silliness w petty arguments, catch phrases, and TV persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3188458;
    She doesn't smile ever, she reminds of me "Dee" from what's happening, easily the best character ever, but she said thank you and sounded appreciative, so I felt she was honored, as she should have been. She's just not a overtly happy smiley person, I guess being a refugee can do that to you.
    I agree with both of you. I wouldn't call Korto bitter, depressing, down, or whatever. I just don't think it's in her nature to be another Kathie Lee Gifford. (and thank God for that...)

Kao

I think people show nerves in different ways. Some people giggle inappropriately (ie Kenley), some release tension by crying (ie: Rickey from S.4 and Andrae from S.2). Others (like Jerrell and Stella) just go with the flow and are just themselves; Stella can take it or leave it and Jerrell is just funny and charming. Leanne (the other person that doesn't really smile) always looks visably nervous, tense and upset. I'm betting Korto's one of those people whose nervousness goes straight to the stomach and she's probably concentrating on not throwing up all over the guests to grin in their faces.

I don't know about Korto, she just seems like an incredibly 'unempathetic' person.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3188458;
    I cut no one slack for background. We all onlyh have the present moment to create the next and on into our future. We all have a story, there are no excuses or exceptions. Want to succeed? Then do what it takes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3189340;
    I don't know about Korto, she just seems like an incredibly 'unempathetic' person.
    Self-survival. It's a tough world out there where everyone only thinks of their own well-being. I think as a refugee, Korto seems to have a very deep and focused sense of survival.

Kao

I think some of you are much too hard on her for some reason. I don't see Leanne grinning in everyone's face during judging (in fact, she often looks like she's going to pass out or be ill) yet she doesn't seem to generate as much hate as Korto. It's a stressful environment, and what we see as entertainment is someone else's LIFE. This show is a big deal, and for an unestablished designer this can (And does) open a lot of doors. Yeah, it would be grand if she smiled but with that sort of pressure I wouldn't be smiling either.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some people simply aren't smilers. Big deal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3189340;

Have you REALLY looked at her? She looks absolutely terrified every time she is not called up with the safe group. She takes her craft very seriously and she does not relax until they actually tell her she's safe.

If you really watch her, she always on the verge of tears and you can just see her thinking that she didn't do well enough. She shows a bit of confidence up to the point that she puts the outfit on her model and then she caves.

She holds it all in but you can see it in her eyes

+ Reply to Thread