+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Korto - Season 5

I went back and forth between Joe's Olympic design, and Korto's design. I really liked them both, with the simplicity, colors and the clean lines. I have to admit that I was a little surprised when Joe's design, complete with "USA" on the skort did not win, but either way the designs were really good. What really threw me about the designs for this competition was that the designers were designing for tall, very thin women...and that is not what athletes look like. I thought Joe's had the most realistic design.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

IMO, the fabric Korto used for the pants was way too sheer. We saw seams (again) and this time they were on the inside where they belong!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3161019;
    IMO, the fabric Korto used for the pants was way too sheer. We saw seams (again) and this time they were on the inside where they belong!
    Noticed that too! Contestants have been told off for not using the right fabric before so why not this time? Wouldn't that look nice.... the US team walking out with seams and underwear lines showing! On another note, I appreciate her personal story but I don't like her "Oh no you didn't" attitude. I haven't liked anything that she's done.

FORT Fogey

What is up with her attitude? No one can become a success in the fashion industry or life in general without a friendly spirit. She is one angry woman. Her pose in the picture reflects her on screen personality. And her clientele will be limited to large black women anyway so I just don't see her lasting much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3184478;
    What is up with her attitude? No one can become a success in the fashion industry or life in general without a friendly spirit. She is one angry woman. Her pose in the picture reflects her on screen personality. And her clientele will be limited to large black women anyway so I just don't see her lasting much longer.
    Thank you! I can't figure out why so many people are picking her as being in the top 3. No one seems very interested about her (this thread is never active). She's a plus sized designer! I still don't know what the big deal was about her coat last week. I haven't liked any of her designs and would hate it if she won. I think that I saw her smile on the last show! What a shock because she NEVER smiles and she IS always pissed off.

She comes across as very bitchy to me as well!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I like Korto. I think she is very, very focused and isn't very talkative as a result. I wouldn't describe her as mean or unfriendly. I don't think she's ever been mean to anyone (not that I can recall).

I like her because she's one of the few designers this year who isn't trying (way too hard) to be a reality TV star.

Blayne and Suede make me hurl, Stella is the new Vampira, Jerell is Miss Thing Snap Snap 2008, and Joe and Terri are angry grouches. Korto is just doin' her thing, and oh yeah there are cameras and stuff, oh well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3185259;
    I like her because she's one of the few designers this year who isn't trying (way too hard) to be a reality TV star.

Blayne and Suede make me hurl, Stella is the new Vampira, Jerell is Miss Thing Snap Snap 2008, and Joe and Terri are angry grouches. Korto is just doin' her thing, and oh yeah there are cameras and stuff, oh well.
    As much as I don't like her I have to say that you make a good point about her not trying too hard. I am thankful for that much. It's as if Suede and Blayne both had written out game plans on how to get noticed. I would love to know if either of them used their "catch phrases" before they started PR. Christian using "fierce" was cute (IMO) but Blayne's "girlicouse" just sounds so...so...GAY! Too contrived , too outdated! And Suede , well, He's just an ass!

FORT Newbie

I just have to step in an say I like Korto and I love her designs. She seems to be a naturally quiet, focused person. She also does not seem overly emotional, at least not in an outward way. I also wonder if there is a cultural facet to her personality/behavior. I am not familiar w Liberian culture. Anyway, she seems to take what she does very seriously. She also does not seem to get involved in the reality show silliness w petty arguments, catch phrases, and TV persona.

Anyway, I do not see her designs as for +size women only. I am not + sz and I would wear any of her pieces. The DvF outfit was gorgeous. I do not necessarily see a +sz woman looking good in that.

JMO

Kay

+ Reply to Thread