+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Re: Korto - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3144332;
    I was not a big fan of the yellow salad dress, but the number she created this week was just plain ugly. Couldn't she tell by the way Tim said "Ohhhhhhh" that she was headed for disaster?
    Actually, Tim gave her a dead on critique both weeks. The first week he warned her about the yellow table cloth looking too table cloth-like and she added the vegetable decoration around the collar (which she may have been going to add all along but I didn't get that feeling) and that addition was the creative saving grace of that outfit, imo.

Then last week he warned her about those seams but she chose not to listen. I think the fact that they liked the vegetable part of her dress the first week saved her from elimination last week b/c, IMO, her seam-crazy dress was the worst--unflattering, uncreative, poorly constructed and unflattering (did I say unflattering?) while the elimination dress had more creativity and was more flattering and wearable, imo.

As always, Tim knows best...
    Last edited by chrisg; 07-30-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I think she's likely much more talented than we've seen so far but on what planet are hip flaps a good idea?
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to agree. That dress was hideous. I just can't imagine...through whose eyes did that dress seem like a good idea? I didn't like the idea of letting the models go pick out the fabric, period. Unless the model had some kind of sewing experience....that was just dumb.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3148922;
    IMO, her seam-crazy dress was the worst--unflattering, uncreative, poorly constructed and unflattering (did I say unflattering?) while the elimination dress had more creativity and was more flattering and wearable, imo.

As always, Tim knows best...
    I really felt she should have been eliminated instead of Wesley. Her dress was one of the worst, EVER.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3148922;
    Actually, Tim gave her a dead on critique both weeks. The first week he warned her about the yellow table cloth looking too table cloth-like and she added the vegetable decoration around the collar (which she may have been going to add all along but I didn't get that feeling) and that addition was the creative saving grace of that outfit, imo.
    IIRC, she was planning to do that bit with the kale and tomatoes all along...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3149332;
    IIRC, she was planning to do that bit with the kale and tomatoes all along...
    Oh, thanks lobeck, I must have missed that. It was a very creative idea and--as Austin said--she was the only one to use real food. I'm sure Nina, Michael and Heidi kept that in mind when deciding who to eliminate last week. She's someone who could come on very strong over the next few weeks--perhaps depending on what the challenges are and how well they suit her creativity.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

It seemed like a last minute thing because she kept all the produce in the refrigerator until just before the runway show, to keep it fresh.

I still chuckle seeing her run around like a maniac with all the vegetation at the last minute.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think you're right about why she kept everything in the refrigerator until the last minute, MFW...to keep it fresh. But, I remember when they were at the grocery store, she was upset because "someone took all the asparagus" and said something about using kale and cherry tomatoes around the neckline of her dress at that point...

Kao

The actually created the vegetable neck wrap thingy first, and THEN put it in the refrigerator to keep fresh. When she went in the fridge and grabbed it, it was all one piece (which it wouldn't have been if she created it on the spot).

I'm really curious to see what she's going to do tonight (but no more outside seams...ugh).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3149485;
    Oh, thanks lobeck, I must have missed that. It was a very creative idea and--as Austin said--she was the only one to use real food. I'm sure Nina, Michael and Heidi kept that in mind when deciding who to eliminate last week. She's someone who could come on very strong over the next few weeks--perhaps depending on what the challenges are and how well they suit her creativity.
    I can see that Nina clearly likes Korto and was extremely disappointed in that inside-out dress. She is very lucky that she didn't get eliminated, but I think they do like her and want to see more. She made the mistake of not listening to Tim. When he did that ooooh, then she should have known it was a disaster. Never ignore Tim.

I did not like the tablecloth with the vegetable at the top. I still think it looked like a tablecloth. But this week she showed that she does have something. I have been going back and forth about her Olympic design, but after seeing the rerun last night, I am liking it more and more. It's the wide pants that kind of bothered me. But it was really well made. I think Nina was thrilled to have something good to say about her design. They picked her over Terri, who I personally think is overdue for a win. They do believe that Korto has talent and seemed very supportive of her. I am interested to see what she will do next week.

+ Reply to Thread