+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

Re: Kenley - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3200690;
    Rude....rude again. Laughing on the catwalk while Joe was getting his critique is unacceptable. She did it to Daniel and then to see her do it again just disgusted me.

I won't even comment on the child with her who thought that laughing was what the adults do on the show when somebody else is getting bad news,

******SIGH***

BTW, did she end up cutting the tuelle off the bottom of the dress. I thought it was missing when she showed the dress. The comment about Tim was just again SO RUDE

I agree with you 100%! I started out liking Kenley a lot, mainly because I love her style (aside from that abomination last week). But repeated displays of rudeness ~ interrupting the judges, laughing when other contestants are getting critiqued, blowing off Tim, etc ~ have completely turned me off to her. I wish someone would have laughed when the judges were critiquing her appalling design last week. I would have loved to see how she would have reacted.

Looks like next week the designers have had enough of her also. And LL Cool J is the guest judge
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Kenley and her guest that she had to dress were both rude. Kenley is rude and immature, she's also not that talented. I am very surprised the judges didn't discuss her behaviour, maybe they did but it wasn't show on camera.

I hope Kenley doesn't win, her ego would inflate to the size of a Good Year Blimp. She would be out of control. She needs some humble pie, to eat crows feet.
    Last edited by graycat11; 09-18-2008 at 11:24 AM.

It would have been nice to see the judges tell her to just shut up! To see her client go right along with her was quite appalling. No manners at all! What is this, monkey see, monkey do?

I really did like her in the beginning. I liked her designs, saw some real talent, and liked her personality. But she has become beyond annoying at this point. She is way too full of herself. Since when does she get off dissing Tim's opinion? She has already admitted on the runway that she doesn't look at collections. Is she afraid that she might learn something? People like her don't get better because they refuse to learn and take advice from people who know what they are talking about. What's too bad is that she is only hurting herself.

FORT Newbie

^ Me too !
    I liked her at first .her designs is great but week after weeks .her design has been perdictable and 'inside the box' .her personalities starts to become annoying

NO ONE!!!!! has ever been as rude on the runway as Kenley! I'm surprised that no one has gotten into it with her! She needs to have her little Bettie Page loving ass kicked! They should boot her just for her behavior! Just want to add that her voice has gotten more irritating than Stellas!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3200867;
    NO ONE!!!!! has ever been as rude on the runway as Kenley! I'm surprised that no one has gotten into it with her! She needs to have her little Bettie Page loving ass kicked! They should boot her just for her behavior! Just want to add that her voice has gotten more irritating than Stellas!
    I was thinking that today as well. Even Santino and Jeffrey at their worst would argue their points to Nina/Michael/Heidi, but they wouldn't dismiss them (or openly laugh at their competitors' misfortune on the runway) and assume they always know better. They were stupid at times, but they weren't that stupid.

Ignore the people who will determine whether or not you show at Bryant Park, and they will be happy to ignore you right back. I don't get how Kenley's mind works. It's a TV show. They come up with challenges, you do the challenges. You don't use waste them making clothes you feel like making, and tra-la-la'ing when Tim tries to tell you you're in trouble, and backtalking the judges just for killing your buzz.

Why did she bother to do the show in the first place? So she could be cute and funny in front of a camera like a five year old? She should simply be dropped from the show, why wait for her to make a bad garment? She is the first designer I can think of from any season who is so blatantly on the show for the wrong reasons. And I can't believe the producers let it go so far.

The funny thing is, there is definitely a market for her clothes, and she will probably sell a lot of swag for a few years. But I wonder how many friends she will make in the industry, as opposed to how many people she will piss off. That determines the length of one's fashion career as much as talent does...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I don't know, guys, I'm going to go against the general consensus here...

1. in this industry, confidence is important. Both Michael Kors and Diane von Furstenberg said that in so many words. Yes, she needs to grow up, but I like that she believes strongly in herself.

2. She won over her clients easily. I watched her carefully. She overwhelmed them with her charm and energy. Again, a critical skill in the career path she wishes to follow.

3. Of all the designers, only Kenley, and to some extent, Leanne, have a definitive style. I can see her clothes come down the runway and know 'THAT'S from Kenley'. Michale Kors has said repeatedly that is important.

Kors and company have chosen unpopular winners before, partially, I propose, because they recognize these points.

Of course, I'm just a geeky techno-head who has never sewn a dress evah!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3201005;
    I don't know, guys, I'm going to go against the general consensus here...

1. in this industry, confidence is important. Both Michael Kors and Diane von Furstenberg said that in so many words. Yes, she needs to grow up, but I like that she believes strongly in herself.

2. She won over her clients easily. I watched her carefully. She overwhelmed them with her charm and energy. Again, a critical skill in the career path she wishes to follow.

3. Of all the designers, only Kenley, and to some extent, Leanne, have a definitive style. I can see her clothes come down the runway and know 'THAT'S from Kenley'. Michale Kors has said repeatedly that is important.

Kors and company have chosen unpopular winners before, partially, I propose, because they recognize these points.

Of course, I'm just a geeky techno-head who has never sewn a dress evah!

You make sense to me. I see that she has skill and a point of view. I don't care for her designs all the time but there is an audience for it.

I would agree that confidence is important, but I think she could find some doors closing if she is out ridiculing other designers. I thought she started out pretty confident, but she has gone beyond that and no longer thinks she has anything to learn because she is the all-knowing-and-wonderful-Kenley. I think it is a major problem when you no longer think that you have something left to learn. I would guess that Michael Kors and Diane Von Furstenburg would say that even they can still learn from other designers!

In this episode she did, but she got lucky because the girl had the same taste as Kenley. I would like to see Kenley get stuck with a difficult client with a completely different aesthetic to see how she handles it.

I would agree that they both have definitive styles. I think the difference to me is that Leanne has a style and also has variety. I'm not sure we have seen anything from Kenley that is outside of her comfort zone. It is starting to seem like she is stuck in her rut even worse than Rami was....

...JMO...
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 09-18-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3201024;
    You make sense to me. I see that she has skill and a point of view. I don't care for her designs all the time but there is an audience for it.
    I think some good points have been made, but there is still a compelling argument against her. I am putting aside her obnoxious comments and rude attitude for the moment, hard as that will be to do.

Kenley does have a strong point of view, but is it relevant? She seems mired in the 40's and 50's. It's true that there was some great fashion in that era, but I think you need to be able to show that you are current and in touch with fashion trends. Can Kenley really do that? I am not sure. She is so rigid and inflexible that she risks creating designs that are caricatures. For example, that truly hideous and nonsensical avant garde astrological sign thing she created. That had precisely nothing to do with avant garde in any way, shape or form. That design showed a glaring ignorance about fashion that was surprising, to say the least.

I really was a fan of Kenley's from the beginning, for many of the reasons stated above. I loved her personality when she was explaining her design in the very first challenge with Natalie Portman. Even she was won over. I do like her spirit in defending her designs, but in recent weeks she has veered off dangerously and now comes off as shrill, defensive, petty and arrogant.

People who don't listen and take advice or at least try to respect other points of view, ultimately wind up isolating themselves. I think something like that may happen to Kenley next week. I still respect her talent, but it's my belief that her attitude is alienating everyone around her and that's not a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread