+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

Kenley McQueen

The left is Kenley and the right Alexander McQueen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CharmingFrock; 10-14-2008 at 04:24 AM.

Re: Kenley - Season 5

I was a substitute teacher for grade school for about a year. When I see Kenley, I see someone who is incapable of listening and learning. I had to deal with students like that. Now maybe grade school is the proper analogy, given Kenley's immaturity, but the bottom line is that if you are unable to be taught, then you cannot develop. It doesn't matter if it's school or your chosen career, you just have to be able to hear constructive criticism. It's the only way to become better at what you do.

Kenley has a particular strong point of view in her niche of 40's and 50's designs. There is a lot to love about that era of fashion. But I see her challenge as having the ability to translate that to make it current and wearable today. I don't know that she has been able to do that. It's disturbing to watch her shut off anything that does not involve fulsome praise. That's why I think she is extremely insecure.

I must say that I also found her comment - Heidi, I love you - kind of nauseating. If you love her design, then she loves you, if not, then she hates you.

I think Leanne has been able to get a lot more out of this opportunity and it has paid off. I have watched her get stronger and more confident and own her point of view and designs. She has some real genius, as was evident in that gorgeous wedding gown. She has taken advantage of the advice and constructive criticism from Tim and the judges. Remember this is someone who almost went home early in the competition. Mabye that was her wakeup call. For Kenley, I fear there will be no wakeup call.

^ I'm a substitute teacher and agree with your assessment 100 percent. I bet her parents were difficult, too. The apple rarely falls far from the tree.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I was sad to see that she couldn't let things go even after the fact. Defensive right to the end.

FORT Fogey

When she discovered the Tim was a judge and said something about maybe I should of had a better attitude, I was totally disgusted with her.

So she places people in compartments depending on how "important" people are to her. Tim was not a judge so therefore not directly related to her critique on the runway, so her sarcasm to him was fine...like he is a nobody.

She KNEW she had a snarky attitude toward him, if she had second thoughts about when he became a judge. YUK Kenley

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3218371;
    When she discovered the Tim was a judge and said something about maybe I should of had a better attitude, I was totally disgusted with her.

So she places people in compartments depending on how "important" people are to her. Tim was not a judge so therefore not directly related to her critique on the runway, so her sarcasm to him was fine...like he is a nobody.

She KNEW she had a snarky attitude toward him, if she had second thoughts about when he became a judge. YUK Kenley
    Yes, that comment of hers was very telling. It's very obvious she knew her behavior crossed the line or she would not have wondered if she should have been nicer. Too bad for her she seemed to forget that she was on tv and everyone was seeing her poor behavior to him.

The other thing I noticed was when she was talking to people at the fashion show about if people had taste then they liked her stuff. Implying that you would only not like her stuff if you had no taste. Which is a very immature way to view the world. She needs to grow up a lot and realize that just because people do or do not like her particular designs does not make them devoid of taste.

On top of that she tried to cover up what she knew about previous designers work when the little comment she made about the AMQ design showed she knew exactly which one they were talking about. Anyone with half a brain can look at those dresses (the combination of the red and yellow) and see how she combined them into one dress. Obviously people need inspiration from somewhere but IMO she crosses the line into copying.

I am glad Kenley did not win, period!

she's an immature brat!
    anyone who can't take critique has no business in the fashion industry be it a model or a designer
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

I am glad that Kenley did not win. She was insulting and disrespectful to the judges and Tim. She is incapable of taking any kind of constructive criticism or advice. She is clueless as to the fact that this was a lost opportunity for her. She is appallingly ignorant of fashion history. I do think her AMQ dress was a copycat amalgam of his two designs. She lacks originality and can't seem to translate her 40's and 50's vintage designs into contemporary fashion.

When I first viewed the collections, Kenley's was the one I liked least. I saw some pieces that I liked, but most of it was all over the place and not particularly appealing. She doesn't even realize how ignorant she is and how much she needs to learn.

The bottom line is that I can't see Kenley getting along with anyone. That would make it pretty difficult for her to succeed in fashion.

FORT Fogey

Re: Kenley McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmingFrock;3217055;
    The left is Kenley and the right Alexander McQueen.
    Kenley keeps saying she's not copycatting, but I just watched a video where this year's contestants tell who their favorite previous year contestants are.

Kenley mentions Christian and said he was without a doubt influenced by Alexander McQueen.

That tells me she knows who Alexander McQueen is and what he/she is doing.

Not sure, but we may have just caught her in a lie.

+ Reply to Thread