+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Kenley - Season 5

I watched some of the early episodes this week during the marathon. It was interesting to see the designs and behavior of the contestant early on now that we know then a little better.

Kenley did stand out a few times negatively. There were times when she was very loud while the group was working. Obviously something was said, because the scene cut to her saying that she was just having fun in a defensive tone.

There were at least 2 times when she laughed out loud on the runway while another contestant was being criticized. I remember being horrified the first time she did it ....but seeing it again after seeing her own behavior when she was on the hot seat was off=putting.

Joe said that she laughed several times on the runway. Not necessarily at other contestants though. I agree that sometimes the laughter could be a nervous reaction, but she (& her 'model') definitely laughed at JOe during the critique. He mentioned it in his interviews afterward.

And if she was raised on a tugboat, was her g/mother with them? Obviously she was very close to her g/mother, but how does that fit in with her claim that she was never around people? Methinks there's alot of exaggerating going on there.

FORT Newbie

I feel sorry for Kenley. She has a lot of growing to do. I thought she was cute and unique until the episode where she laughed while Daniel was being grilled by the judges. It was so immature and unprofessional, she was no longer cute. But over time I noticed that she wasn't necessarily a mean spirited person. (Terri was deliberately mean and hurtful toward Keith) But Kenley is just oblivious to how she affects and is viewed by others. Some have called her a textbook narcissist. Perhaps. But I think in a few more years her character will develop for the better. This PR experience should be a tough wake up. Years from now she'll look back at this and cringe at her behavior.

Btw, hutchlover, we're the same age and I went to school with a girl who loved Hutch. The rest of us liked Starsky more, but she was a true Hutch fan. You wouldn't happen to be Jill would you?

I really thought she should have gone home because of that Little Shop of Horror scaly flower dress...however, I really adored her wedding dress. I want to wear that if I ever get married again....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I think Kenley gets a bad wrap, I rewatched alot of the Project Runway episodes today when they reshowed it all on bravo, and every designer is guilty of of what Kenley does, she however, is just more upfront about it while other just say stuff in confessionals/behind each others backs.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3215533;
    We did all notice that Kenley was the only person who had nobody in her life to meet Tim.
    I figured the elephant was sitting on the piano and nobody mentioned it....so I did.
    She should have taken Tim to see a tug boat..obviously she is not a "people person". A lot of folks do not like her getting a 1 hour a week "serving". imagine being subjected to THAT on a daily basis...no wonder...

Remember Christian didn't take Tim to meet any friends, either. That worries me!!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3216313;
    Remember Christian didn't take Tim to meet any friends, either. That worries me!!
    But Christian explained later that his boyfriend Brad Walsh had spent the night, and had hurried out the door just before Tim got there so he didn't have to be on camera. He had/has friends, they just weren't on camera.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3216303;
    I think Kenley gets a bad wrap, I rewatched alot of the Project Runway episodes today when they reshowed it all on bravo, and every designer is guilty of of what Kenley does, she however, is just more upfront about it while other just say stuff in confessionals/behind each others backs.

Sorry. NOBODy laughed out loud at other contestants when they were getting a difficult evaluation from the judges. NOBODY else was that rude

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3216412;
    Sorry. NOBODy laughed out loud at other contestants when they were getting a difficult evaluation from the judges. NOBODY else was that rude
    Not out loud anyways lol Are you kidding me!? Jerrel laughs at people in confessions all the time, so does majority of the cast, like when Jerrel started saying stuff about "well, I thought about sabotaging Suede has crossed my mind blah blah" Kenley is just more abrasive upfront, but everyone is guilty of talking about each other one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread