+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

Re: Kenley - Season 5

Kenley's whining that LeAnne did not sell her hip-hop look last week was ridiculous. No one could have sold that as hip-hop or anything else for that matter. Kenley needs to go far, far, away. What a bitter person! I can't said her attitude which frankly makes her very ugly in not only overall personality but appearance!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Fogey

Can we get a collection up to get Kenley some help....if not deep emtional help...at least some social skills. Lord...how can anybody who has to work in the world survive witout those skill??

FORT Fogey

It is sad to me that she feels that she has to defend herself by blaming everyone else. This is so common though to people who feel they are alone in the world. They feel that if they do anything wrong or incorrect that they are horrible people so they look to everyone else to blame for everything. Most anger and pain from people stems from somewhere so I try really hard to not judge people, and just try to stay away from people who act this way.

If anyone noticed Korto also did not like when she was called out by Kenley. Was it as harsh or as often, no but maybe could have been if she was not praised so much by the judges and such.

Again like in the other thread no excuses, and I certainly would not want to entertain this gal as my friend acting this way, but her tears were real at the end, and sometimes we lash out to protect ourselves, and even when we know we go to far, are unable to stop it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

She did apologize to the judges when they called her out on her behavior. Heidi even pointed out Kenley's facial expression, which of course Kenley couldn't see. I think they kept her because they are interested to see what she would create as a "Line." As they said, all four have very different Points of View and that makes for an interesting show. Good luck to her in her professional and social life...it's next to impossible to change a core personality.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Someone needs to whoop this girl's @ss, badly. She's so snotty and overconfident, probably, because she's actually so insecure. But the world isn't here to hold Kenley's hand.

Her work is actually FAR from the worst. I actually didn't hate that last dress (or most of hers). But you can't work in a vacuum. If she went on to a career as a working designer, she'd be one who'd have staff quit on her every few weeks. And clients would never hire her more than once.

I think the best word for her is "brat". And one SO entrenched in her brattyness that the constant snotty tone to her voice can't even be processed by her brain. If you say "watch your tone, Kenley" the answer will ALWAYS be "(whine) what tone?"
    Last edited by Krom; 10-04-2008 at 06:12 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I agree, Krom. I really like Kenley's 50's aesthetic & her craftsmanship is pretty good. It's like Korto said, the ugly personality makes the clothes appear ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3211634;
    I agree, Krom. I really like Kenley's 50's aesthetic & her craftsmanship is pretty good. It's like Korto said, the ugly personality makes the clothes appear ugly.
    I really think it's Kenley's ugly personality that's keeping her on the show. Her work isn't bad, but honestly how often would employers (the judges) put up with her attitude. I would be surprised to see her bring a terrific line. Either way I think it's between her and Korto out the door.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie

I still like Keney!

FORT Fogey

Regis had the four finalists on this morning, and they showed the final clip when Kenley refused to participate in the hug. When they came back live, Kenley was crying and said that she didn't like seeing that. ( tough cookies honey). The hosts asked if they would have done anything differently and the closest she came to saying that she was sorry ( she didn't) was in saying that she has a problem being subtle. Even Kelly the host said that we all need to be part of a community.

Korto hugged her, but Kenley didn't hug back....... but kept herself rather stiff....so Kenley again didn't do much to endear herself to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3211634;
    Some of her designs are just plain ugly by themselves.

+ Reply to Thread