+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Kelli - season 5

  1. #11
    FORT Regular FireangelOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Puerto Rico!
    Posts
    123

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    If there is one thing I would change, it's the shape of the filters... two "platters" covering the chest is something of a pet peeve of mine.

    Awesome work on the rest of it, though. She certainly deserved to win.

  2. #12
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    So, what would you have used, FireangelOne...cone filters? How very Madonna...

  3. #13
    FORT Regular FireangelOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Puerto Rico!
    Posts
    123

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3138248;
    So, what would you have used, FireangelOne...cone filters? How very Madonna...
    Actually, no. I would have cut the filters she used to better shapes; triangular, oval... maybe even incorporated into a twist-bordered top matching the skirt.

  4. #14
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Isn't there already a chain of stores called "The Black Market" that's been around since the '90s and is usually coupled with that store called "The White House"? Each store only sells clothes that are either predominately black or predominantly white. So she took that name to start her "empire"?

  5. #15
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3138452;
    Actually, no. I would have cut the filters she used to better shapes; triangular, oval... maybe even incorporated into a twist-bordered top matching the skirt.
    I thought it was creative to leave them in the shape of filters and transform through the burning and layering, rather than using the filter as a "fabric substitute" and just cutting them the way you would cut cloth. That said though, that part of the dress was my least favorite part visually.

  6. #16
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3138492;
    Isn't there already a chain of stores called "The Black Market" that's been around since the '90s and is usually coupled with that store called "The White House"? Each store only sells clothes that are either predominately black or predominantly white. So she took that name to start her "empire"?
    I have seen those Black Market and White House stores before (in La Jolla, but I'm pretty sure they are other places as well), so I hope Kelli did her intellectual property research before opening her store.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  7. #17
    FORT Regular FireangelOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Puerto Rico!
    Posts
    123

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3138496;
    I thought it was creative to leave them in the shape of filters and transform through the burning and layering, rather than using the filter as a "fabric substitute" and just cutting them the way you would cut cloth. That said though, that part of the dress was my least favorite part visually.
    I loved the way she burned the patterns into them. I would have cut them centering the pattern on the natural form of the cup.

  8. #18
    FORT Newbie deanna42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3138109;
    If there is one thing I would change, it's the shape of the filters... two "platters" covering the chest is something of a pet peeve of mine.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I loved the skirt, the waistband with gold thumbtacks and the back, but those platters looked like snowflakes you make in elementary school.

  9. #19
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3138654;
    I have seen those Black Market and White House stores before (in La Jolla, but I'm pretty sure they are other places as well), so I hope Kelli did her intellectual property research before opening her store.
    We've got a White House/Black Market store in Omaha, so they must already be around the rest of the country.

  10. #20
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Kelli - season 5

    At one time, there was a Black Market/White House in Santa Fe...don't know if it's still here, though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.