+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keith - Season 5

Keith - Season 5

Keith

Home: Salt Lake City, Utah
    Education: Salt Lake City Community College
    Favorite designers: Marc Jacobs, Moschino, and Valentino
    Fashion must: Great-fitting jeans

"Get noticed or go home" is Keith's signature saying and he lives and designs by that mantra. He admits to being a self-taught designer with a background in marketing and advertising. While always having a hidden passion for women's clothing, Keith didn't pursue his dream until asked if he was interested in working on a fashion show while producing artwork for clothing. He bought his own sewing machine two weeks before that show and has been designing ever since. He hopes to be original and marketable when it comes to the runway.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Keith - Season 5

"Having a hidden passion for women's clothing"...does he really like fashion or is he a transvestite (or perhaps an Executive Transvestite")? Either that or Bravo is having unpaid interns write this copy.

Fashion Must: Great Fitting Jeans! Take your own advise jerkwad

Here's what I don't get: why such a nice looking guy wears such heinously ugly, out-dated glasses?

Seriously... without them on: whoa, what a stud. With them on: reminds me of the guy up the street who mows his lawn wearing white socks under his sandals and was arrested for lewd behavior during a Black Sabbath concert.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

he's nice eye candy on the show lol

I didn't not like his dress at all, it was basically just a table cloth, there was zero innovation.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Oooh... keep him on for a very long time. I think a regular feature each show throughout the season should be Waking Up With Keith.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I like Keith and may pick him as my favorite person. The past couple of seasons I seem to root for someone b/c I like them completely separate from my opinion of their designs--in addition to having a fave designer or two. Season 3 it was Vincent b/c he cashed in his 401(k) to compete on the show and last season it was Ricky. I know they both had a lot of detractors--Ricky mostly b/c of his designs and Vincent b/c of his work and his sometimes off-putting personality, but I couldn't help but root for both of them to hang in there each week.

With Keith, I actually see quite a bit of potential in his designs and haven't seen that much of his personality--so maybe he'll end up being my favorite designer but not so much w/ the personality.

Interesting that his background is in marketing and he only started designing recently (although it doesn't say how recent) b/c most of these designers have been designing--or wanting to--since childhood it seems.

And interesting diversity in Keith's favorite designer picks: Marc Jacobs, Moschino, and Valentino. That covers a wide range!

I'm going to keep watching and posting on him--his posts seem somewhat sparse thus far so I'm going to talk him up!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I like Keith, but he better quit giving them shreds of fabric soon or he'll be auf'ed.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread