+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jennifer - Season 5

FORT Regular

Re: Jennifer - Season 5

I wasn't impressed this week, but I wasn't impressed with much of anyone...I have a feeling she'll be a silent contender.

Kao

My bad, she was the one that had the incredibly annoying voice this week. I had to mute her every time she came on, and it's a shame because she seems really sweet. Ugh.

I find it strange that someone whose passion in life is fashion, and who looks to people like Audrey Hepburn for inspiration would be so drab in their own style...It looks like she wears no makeup and her clothes are really boring.

FORT Fan

OK, I had to come in here and state what I am sure will be a VERY unpopular opinion - I actualy LIKED her "Nightlife in NY" dress. It needed some work, and I didn't see her "clock" inspiration in it really, nor did it have any sort of a surreal feel to it. But, that being said, I liked it. I would have worn it (had the hem been better). It looked comfortable and cute. I didn't get "matronly" out of that any more than I get matronly out of any of the baby doll dresses that I see everywhere. Was it the best dress of the night - oh, not by a long shot (for me, those were Leeann and Terri, also Korto). But hideous? Worthy of the scorn that she received? Heck no.

I guess I'm just writing this in case she, when free to surf the 'net again, might see it and know that someone appreciated her vision! I also liked her gray and orange dress from last week too (another unpopular opinion, I know! I'm full of 'em!)

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3145244;
    I find it strange that someone whose passion in life is fashion, and who looks to people like Audrey Hepburn for inspiration would be so drab in their own style...It looks like she wears no makeup and her clothes are really boring.
    Actually Jennifer isn't exactly a bean pole like Audrey was and I'm beginning to wonder if she isn't designing for herself in the sense that these loose smocks that she seems to have a preference for designing would look good on her while form fitting fashions would not be nearly as forgiving. Her first dress was a shorter, form fitting dress but the last two weeks they have been smock-like creations that I can easily see Jennifer wearing herself.

And there are very successful designers that design dresses like that--Betsey Johnson and Nanette Lepore come to mind--as well as Cynthia Rowley who Jennifer mentions as an inspiration.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic;3150802;
    OK, I had to come in here and state what I am sure will be a VERY unpopular opinion - I actualy LIKED her "Nightlife in NY" dress. It needed some work, and I didn't see her "clock" inspiration in it really, nor did it have any sort of a surreal feel to it. But, that being said, I liked it. I would have worn it (had the hem been better). It looked comfortable and cute. I didn't get "matronly" out of that any more than I get matronly out of any of the baby doll dresses that I see everywhere. Was it the best dress of the night - oh, not by a long shot (for me, those were Leeann and Terri, also Korto). But hideous? Worthy of the scorn that she received? Heck no.
    I agree manicorganic, that Jennifer's dresses have potential and just stated that they remind me of Betsey Johnson, Nanette Lepore and Cynthia Rowley.
    These designers also have other looks each season, as well, but it's not like Jennifer's designs are horrid house frau dresses despite what Heidi seems to be insinuating. If you look at the collections of the above designers, I guarantee you each and every season you will see baby doll, smock-like dresses such as the ones Jennifer has designed the past few weeks and those designers seem to be doing ok by them.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

How Jennifer was even casted as a contestant baffles me. Zero personality.

Either way, I see neither Audrey Hepburn nor Salvador Dali in her designs. I agree with the judges, I think what she does is blah and falls short. Was it terrible? No, not terrible, but nothing impressive or attractive by any means.

Speaking of Nanette Lepore...I'm so disappointed with her stuff right now! Last year I was all about Nanette and this year I haven't a thing in my closet from her line. :-( What happened?

I agree re: Jennifer. Her designs weren't necessarily bad, but they weren't all that inspiring, either. To me, they were just blah and boring. I think she was the right person to go this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12