+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daniel - Season 5

Re: Daniel - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3142044;
    I saw that right away. He looked like he was kind of disgusted and disappointed. I think he had a right to feel that way. He did put a great deal of work and effort into his creation. It was quite original and inventive and beautiful to look at. I thought he had lost his mind when he bought those blue dixie cups, but he proved me wrong. The guy thinks and has talent. Plus, he's not an over the top moron or drama queen. How refreshing. I am looking forward to seeing his designs. I hope he can keep up the good work. As far as the dress, they are not meant to be worn. It's merely to show a point of view as a designer. I can't see anyone wearing Kelli's creation, especially with those coffee filters. You could easily have a slip up and end up in an embarrassing situation.
    I agree Nativenewyorker! I think Daniel is my favorite guy this season! I think that he had the look of disappointment because I am sure he felt like he was robbed twice in a row for "winner" of the challenge.

I too was nervous during eps. 1 when he had the cups... but I thought what he did with them was genius! Yes, maybe it's not practical, but I don't think that is really the point in all of the challenges. It's about vision and execution. I thought he did a fantastic job!

This week I thought his dress was gorgeous! His model looked great in it and he was really down to the wire with getting it done!

I am officially on the Daniel bandwagon! Let's see how far he goes!

He is a cutie. I really think he'll go far, but I'm afraid for his time management skills. They seem to be a little non-existent. But he does have talent and he could be the one to watch.

I'm totally on the Daniel bandwagon.
    Daniel for Project Runway 5!

Ciao,

Marviayla

Daniel's work is reminding me a little of Keith's from season 3. Hopefully he'll stick around much longer than Keith did.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Marviayla;3151708;
    He is a cutie. I really think he'll go far, but I'm afraid for his time management skills. They seem to be a little non-existent. But he does have talent and he could be the one to watch.

I'm totally on the Daniel bandwagon.
    I am also concerned about his time management. He has been cutting it way too close. But I also remember Jillian having the same problem last season and she ended up in the final three. As long as he manages to complete the garment, he will be okay. But I would think that the stress of working right up to the very last minute would kill him.

I have no doubt at all about his talent. He seems to know who he is and what he wants to do. I like that quiet confidence, as opposed to some of the in your face types. He seems so normal and it's a pleasant surprise. Imagine, no talking about himself in the third person like he thinks he's Napolean Bonaparte, no tanning fetish, no "licious" phony comments, no whining and moaning and obsessing about "leatha". My goodness, this guy's too normal.

His last dress is so Valentino vide which is not a good thing at all.I can't root for somebody who seriously lost their creative identitys.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm ready for this guy to go. His attitude/arrogance bothers me. His Olympic design should have sent him home. He was actually proud of his ignorance in this challenge.

I just want to slap him!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3159836;
    I'm ready for this guy to go. His attitude/arrogance bothers me. His Olympic design should have sent him home. He was actually proud of his ignorance in this challenge.

I just want to slap him!
    Daniel has been an early favorite for me, so I was quite disappointed in this week's design. For the first time, I did sense a kind of haughty attitude, like he was too good to do something mundane, like watching the Olympics, of all things. I was kind of surprised. I think they didn't send him home because they see that he has talent. Could they have done it - sure, but I think Jerell could also have gone with that outfit that looked like he designed it on crack. They were both bad and self-indulgent in the bargain. They both just did their own thing, without any respect or regard for the challenge.

I will wait and see how Daniel does next week. I am not ready to write him off yet. But I have to say that, if all he can do is variations of cocktail dresses, then he is in trouble.

I also wanted to add that, in all the brouhaha about whether his dress was blue or purple, I loved what Michael Kors said when he just blurted out that the color of the dress was the least of his problems. That was right on point and so true!

I really like him as a person, but Tim hit the nail on the head when he told him that he seems to unravel as he gets deeper into a challenge. I hope he learns to manage his time more wisely as the season progesses...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not ready to throw him out in the street just yet.

Yes, he does have time management issues, but then again, I doubt that you could find a designer who didn't with at least one challenge or another.

The dress appeared to be BLUE on my tv screen. Maybe MOOD needs to switch to the more energy efficient curly-q light bulbs.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

He started out strong for me, and the cup dress was great, but now it seems that he only churns out cocktail dresses, and not very good ones at that. I think he'll be called on it soon, and then he'll be in trouble.
    Elyse, Amanda, Yaya, Nicole, Michelle, Nicole Linkletter, Brittany, Jenah, Lauren.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast