+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memo to PR: Changes We'd Like to See in Season 5

Re: Memo to PR: Changes We'd Like to See in Season 5

Okay, this is gonna sound kind of bad. But anyway, you know how they always have previews after each episode is done airing? Well in the episode before the wrestling one (it was the denim episode), they had a preview that didn't show any wrestlers. You could only hear moans and groans, and also you could see the designers being scared.

Well, when I first heard the moans and groans, I didn't think about a challenge about wrestlers. I thought it was going to be a challenge about making clothes for pregnant women. The only reason why I thought it was going to be a challenge on pregnant women was because of the grunts that you can hear in the preview (because you know how they let out grunts when they have their baby).

Well yeah, when it turned out to be a challenge on wrestlers, I was kind of disappointed because I thought a challenge about pregnant women would have been interesting. Maybe they can have this in season 5?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I agree with many of the suggestions above and add a couple others.

1. Definitely show "road to the runway". To me, it was fun to see them go through the process -- and nice to see Tim, Heidi, Michael and Nina get to know the designers a little.

2. Show the designers having fun.

3. Show some of the stuff that is only available on the website -- there are videos with the designers, judges, and Tim sometimes having fun and other times talking about fashion. I know people who don't visit the website but would love to see some of the stuff there.

4. Don't have an elimination until the 3rd episode --then eliminate the 3 people with the lowest scores. Also, have the designs come down the runway anonymously during this 3-epi arc, let the judges choose the top and bottom designs and then have the designers join their models on the runway for grilling. After these challenges, go back to knowing who designed what.

5. More info from the designers about what they are trying to achieve and more info from Tim and the judges about what works or doesn't work. I feel like we're missing some interesting discussions.

6. Have some fun, creative challenges upfront -- this season got off to a slow start. The $50,000 of fabric should have been really interesting, but wasn't for some reason. The SJP challenge could have been fun, if they were designing for Carrie Bradshaw -- but make a $15 outfit -- meh. Then the menswear challenge .... If they had the candy one earlier, I think it would have made the season feel lighter in tone.

7. If they insist on having decoys, I want to see the decoy shows -- even if it means a 3 part finale. And definitely, stop pretending that they aren't showing at Bryant Park -- it's beyond stupid at this point.

8. I'd love to hear something from Tim or the judges on each outfit. For example, Chris's prom dress --why no love from the judges?
    Last edited by alphacat; 03-12-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: clarity.

FORT Newbie

I am seconding a couple of other recommendations and adding my own.

1. Men's wear w a realistic time table. Judges/producers should have realized they did not allow enough time when a significant # of clothes came down the runway unfinished.

2. Plus size design. I did not like in S3 when they chose the relatives and all of the thin women were chosen first. Either everyone gets a + model or everyone gets a thin model. IMO, that challenge severely disadvantaged the designers who had large sz models.

3. Wedding gowns. This would be cool. I'd like to see the beautiful gowns that are not necessarily haute couture.

4. I personally do not care for the Group Challenge format for S4. I understand the realism of grp work, but I did not like forcing a leader then making that leader responsible for the sins of the grp. IMO, Kit was sacrificed b/c she was leader and Ricky got to stay. IMO, his hillbilly dress was so bad, that should have aufed him if nothing else did.

5. Teen design/prom. If they do another challenge like this, the judges really need to get a clue about what teens wear or want to wear. 17 yr old girls do not want to look like children. They do not even want to look 17.

Kay
    Last edited by kayskate; 03-13-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo

FORT Newbie

I'd like to see this in the next season(s) of Project Runway :

- make clothes for a plus-size women,
    - make a dress for Heidi to wear (as they did for Iman in PR Canada),
    - menswaer with enough time to finish a the look (not like this season),
    - the wedding dress challenge from S01,
    - have Road to the Runway again,
    - see the models reaction when they're out (as it happened during S01),
    - no guest judge for the finale, I think it would be better to have only the normal judges because they know the designers the best.

Please, pretty please with a cherry on top, bring back Tim's podcasts! (Sorry if this has already been suggested; I just couldn't read three pages )

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2841506;
    Please, pretty please with a cherry on top, bring back Tim's podcasts! (Sorry if this has already been suggested; I just couldn't read three pages )
    No, GOOD one! I ranted at Bravo at the beginning of season 4 for this too!

I think it was because NBC and iTunes broke up, so they didn't have the same delivery system as the other seasons. But they could have just hosted them on Bravo's site fer corn's sake!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

aga
    FORTified

When I first read the topic my thought was to get rid of the ruse that only three designers go to fashion week. I agree with ibot2much, acknowledge that three will compete for the ultimate prizes but 4 (or 5) go to Fashion Week. Make it Work, Bravo!

Air two versions of Project Runway, the regular version that airs from November (??) to February and the "directors" cut that airs from say, June to September; you can even use the tag line that they have been using this year, "It's sew not over!" This is where we see extended judges deliberations, get to look at the designers' sketches, see the judges score cards; see commentary from the judges, especially on the work of the designers that left the stage, Tim's commentary (a reconstituted podcast), etc. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, since most of the effort is in the editing room, and presumably that costs will be covered by ad revenue.
    Last edited by aga; 03-15-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey

I love the idea of keeping everybody for the first 3 weeks and then sending the 3 lowest scoring people home.
    Give people a chance to get used to the situation and then judge them on a few of their designs.

Also not really crazy about the group projects. It really wasn't fair that the leader takes the heat for the whole project. I don't think Chris should have gone home when he did....and his strength for the rest of the projects showed that.

i want the road to the runway episodes back.
    i like that they don't show much of the models or what goes on outside of their work. it makes the show more professional and less trashy reality tv. if they did add those things, the episodes would be so rushed.
    all challenges should involve the use of models and not random people, for example, in the prom challenge they could've all made whatever they wanted and the challenge winner could have their dress sold on bluefly or whatever.
    Bring on cycle 11. cycle 10's winner = YUCK.

FORT Newbie

A little more behind the scenes with the models would be fun! Imagine the catfights and I would love to hear what they really think about the outfits they're wearing on the runway.
    Reality Sleuth:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123