+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Memo to PR: Changes We'd Like to See in Season 5

Re: Memo to PR: Changes We'd Like to See in S5

PR could steal one or two challenges that both PR Canada and Project Catwalk (UK) have used:

- Upon arriving, each designer gets to take 3 articles of clothing from another designer's luggage, and fabricate a look from it. Sort of a reverse of the "Clothes Off Your Back" challenge in S2.

- Iman had the PR Canada designers make a gown for her as the last challenge. I think the designers should dress Heidi once.

Also, for some reason I've been dying to see a challenge involving the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes. Maybe involve their organization to the point where they choreograph a dance number that celebrates fashion, and each of the Rockettes needs an individual look as they have a dancing "runway show". The outfits have to be fashion forward, yet not scare little kids in the front row, and above all be functional as dance outfits (like the skating challenge, only with more creative freedom).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think they should go back to having all the models from the last challenge available to be picked after each challenge. The winner picks first, the rest by button from the bag.

Give them more time to complete the challenges. In the real world, they would have a team of people to help them.

Have a viewers choice chellenge, where we can make suggesteions prior to the start of the season.

Have a challenge where all the designers are given the same fabric/materials and asked to create the same look- ie. cocktail dress, workwear, etc.

Have all the challenges come from their design point of view, so we know what to expect if they make it to Bryant Park. Michael Knight's and Daniel V.'s collections came out of left field.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fan

I like the drama of seeing somebody creative at work, and getting a peek at how they make their decisions. I don't need all the manufactured drama of ridiculously tight deadlines, or looking for catfights.

Speaking of which, I don't see any point in pretending that the decoys don't get to show in the tent. By now we all know how it works, and telling a designer "You're going home!" when they're not is silly.

I liked how Jay was a judge once for S2 but we havent seen Chloe or Jeffery be a judge, so hopefully Christian will a judge on an episode of S5.

Better models, this year they were really, really bad! How about you pay them!!!!!

I also think like some people here that we need the designers to be more thirsty for it or more outside of the box thinking. More designers who are just starting out or small time.

I also would like to see Roadway to Runway for Season 5 and more time spent on them outside of the workroom/runway like the others suggested. I love those parts too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2833540;
    I like the drama of seeing somebody creative at work, and getting a peek at how they make their decisions. I don't need all the manufactured drama of ridiculously tight deadlines, or looking for catfights.

Speaking of which, I don't see any point in pretending that the decoys don't get to show in the tent. By now we all know how it works, and telling a designer "You're going home!" when they're not is silly.
    The defense for this is probably that they don't feel it's fair to the final 3. They've earned their right to be featured, and the producers have to cram in all the "visiting the designer's home" segments, plus when they all arrive in NYC, and run around like decapitated chickens until 5 minutes before the Bryant Park show. Having to cover another designer (or even 2) would stretch things out to a 3-part finale.

Which, come to think of it, isn't a terrible thing to me. Wouldn't they want to get more episodes out, and sell more fees/ad time? If you had a Road to Runway, and a 3-part finale, that's 16 episodes instead of 14. Longer season, more ratings/revenue, and the expenses are mostly in post because they're filming all week anyway...who knows?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

As for the Reunion show, film it the Saturday or Sunday AFTER the Bryant Park show. Yes, they would have to keep the designers in hotels for an extra day or two, but it seems silly to do the reunion when we don't know who the winner is yet. They usually film it a day or two before the Big Tent, and that means the designers have to take time away from their collections to film it. That doesn't seem fair.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'd really like to see the designs come down the catwalk anonymously. The judges speculate but are not told who executed which piece.

The next step, of course, when the designers defend their pieces, we match piece to designer - but at this point the judges have already made their initial impressions.

The problem is, of course, that the designers seem to give certain designers (Santino, anyone?) a pass no matter what flaws come down the runway, while others are held to ever mysterious, ever changing standards.

You don't have to be a fly on the wall to suspect that by episode two or three, Nina and Michael pretty much know who they want to send to Bryant Park. The intervening weeks are essentialy alot of fiber fill to get rid of the also-rans, strategically creating as much Reality Drama as possible.

FORT Fogey

I have to agree about the silliness of "you are going home" when we have all seen the pictures featuring 5 designers at BP. Be upfront, "4 or 5 of you will be given a chance to show your designs at BP, but only three of you are in contention for the win"

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2834811;
    I'd really like to see the designs come down the catwalk anonymously. The judges speculate but are not told who executed which piece.

You don't have to be a fly on the wall to suspect that by episode two or three, Nina and Michael pretty much know who they want to send to Bryant Park. The intervening weeks are essentialy alot of fiber fill to get rid of the also-rans, strategically creating as much Reality Drama as possible.

Oh, I love that idea!

I also want to see more of the designers outside the workroom.

And give them more time. I like seeing them have to come up with ideas quickly; I think showing they can be creative on the fly is good, but they need time to fabricate those ideas. One day is not enough to create a decent garment.

Speaking of which, I was just checking the auctions of the Bryant Park runway clothes, and Rami is seriously kicking Christian's little butt.

Re: Memo to PR: Changes We'd Like to See in Season 5

For the Bryant Park runway, why not just have Heidi, Michael and Nina judge it? NO guest judges??????????????
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast