+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2826745;
    I didn't see any indication that Michael wasn't on board for declaring Christian the winner. I don't believe the guest judges really hold any merit as far as choosing the winner is concerned. They are there as fluff/ celebrity eye candy and while they do give their opinions, I don't believe that they'd choose a winner based on what that particular celebrity's tastes are.

I did.

When Victoria was rhapsodizing about Christian's collection (i.e.,: "That's me! That's what I would wear!"; matter of fact, I got tired of hearing "me", "I", etc., coming out of her mouth), I recall Michael turning to her at one point and saying: "Let's be frank, here (I typed "honest" in an earlier post, I think, but same difference!) . . . Not everybody can wear what you wear."

And she shut up.

Seemed to me then that Michael wasn't exactly on board for Christian's line, at that point, and was putting Victoria --- nicely and respectfully --- in her place. Everybody CAN'T wear what she wears . . . moneywise, OR figurewise.

While I don't believe Victoria held a lot of merit as a guest judge in choosing a winner (even though she DOES have her own line, I think), if the guest judge had been, say, Roberto Cavalli or Alberta Ferretti, I might be inclined to see things differently, in this case.

I mean let's face it . . . Both of THEM have been around a long, long, long time as actual working fashion designers. And Michael Kors has been around for a second or two, also.

Then we have Chris being dinged earlier throughout the season for his work (and collection) being too costumey a lot of times (even though Nina did say that some costumers HAD gone on to become fashion designers). But Christian's kind of same-church-different-pew costumey line being given the win over either Jillian's or Rami's, apparently out of the blue?

Who turned out the lights?

JMHO, but yeah, in this particular instance --- even though Christian's line was one of the best ever on PR; he is talented and I DO wish him luck --- I do think that the regular judges did allow themselves to be swayed by the tastes of the celebrity eye candy judge on board for this particular show.

Whether or not they realize it or would actually admit it even if they did.

And yes, I do know that none of us got to see ALL of the final deliberation amongst the judges so we could actually see how they came to the conclusion they did.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 03-06-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

When Heidi went up on the runway to congratulate Christian, it looked like she was about to pick him up and hug him. I don't think I realized how tiny he was until I saw him standing next to her.
    CYA

Do you honestly think that if Michael, Nina, and Heidi didn't agree, they would just let Posh decide the outcome all by herself?

The judges say positive and negative things about every single collection. They said plenty about Rami's (didn't like the color choices, his evening pieces far outweighed his separates) and Jillian's (not cohesive enough - a bigggg problem) and Christian's (too much black, only skinny tall people could wear it). Certainly Posh's favoring Christian influenced the decision, but the other judges as well as Tim were amazed by his talent and collection as well. I understand some people aren't happy about the win; I personally loved all three contestants this year, so going in I didn't have a favorite. But seeing the show, I had no doubt that Christian would win.

I'm happy for Christian. He's unbelievably talented for a 21-year old. Just think of what he'll be able to do at 25 or 30 with the right direction. His collection was dramatic and quirky enough for me to like. True, some of them weren't wearable, but in the challenges, Christian proved he could make some chic, commercial clothing. I think he was only in the bottom once? For the prom dress?

Rami's was beautiful. The evening gowns were exquisite. But I think he could survive without the win, because his pieces are THAT good. I haven't always liked his clothes, but he'd definitely fit right into the market.

Out of all the collections, I'd wear Jillian's, for sure. She knows how to make women look modern, with an old style twist. I agree with the judges, though, that her collection wasn't as cohesive. There was no flow, even if I wanted to buy half of the dresses I saw.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I haven't read the whole thread yet, I wanted to post my thoughts first. Overall I thought all three of them did a good job.

Jillian: I thought hers was wonderful. Edgy but a lot of it was wearable. I thought she had a good shot at winning, so I was surprised when she was the first of the three auf'd.

Christian: I am not disappointed that he won. After all his bravado, I was really glad to see him worried toward the end. It was nice to see him show some respect for his fellow designers and acknowledge that they are all very talented. The fact that he admitted that he cared about their opinions was also nice. I really thought his last dress with the feathers would have been considered very costumey if it had come from Chris, so I was slightly annoyed by that. I really enjoyed Christian's collection but it was in an fashion-as-art way, not in a "that's something I would like to wear" way. I hope he does get to design something for Victoria Beckham, I could totally see her wearing some of his stuff. It also would have been nice to see some color variation from him.

Rami: He had some good stuff and some meh stuff for me. I did not care for the puffy draped sleeve thing he did on a lot of his dresses. However, I did love the dress with the lattice-woven bodice! There was a look right before it in the same color scheme that I also really liked.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-06-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: another typo - argh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boopers;2826240;
    ANTM cycle 8 winner Jaslene got applause when she walked during Jillian's collection.
    Oh my gosh, I cannot believe I didn't notice her. I must have been focusing too much on the clothes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrangea;2826284;
    jaslene in jillian's show, from jaslene's thread.
    Thanks for posting the pic. no wonder I didn't recognize her, she looked so soft and pretty in the show!!! I loved her on ANTM, but I remember her as having a "harder" look - good for her for becoming so adaptable!!

I knew Christian was going to win. He was fan favorite. His clothes were haute couteur, not something the everyday women would wear. The judges seem to always pick the odd look for the winner. He really has achieved alot for a 21 year old. Good for him.
    I liked Jillians collection, not my favorite though.
    I actually liked Rami's collection more. These were clothes you would actually wear. His long gowns were gorgeous.

I am so thrilled that Christian won! He totally deserved it! I really thought Christian was an oddball at the beginning of the series, but he totally won me over and he is FIERCE! lol Best wishes to Christian, he is extremely talented, so glad that he won!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2827007;
    When Heidi went up on the runway to congratulate Christian, it looked like she was about to pick him up and hug him. I don't think I realized how tiny he was until I saw him standing next to her.
    I love this photo from Bravo's site:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread