+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote:
    . . . I was worried that Christian’s relative youth and inexperience would be obstacles for the judges. I was worried until Michael Kors languorously stated, “You know, I began my label with I was 21 ….” OK -- the set-up for his win was established.

Yeah, right.

Sounds to me like Michael rolled over and gave Victoria what she wanted.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2826647;
    That was Chris commenting about his collection I think, The three pieces he showed with human hair.

Yup.

Those were DEFINITELY Goth-flavored! (See Post #109)
    Last edited by ness; 03-06-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2826715;

Sounds to me like Michael rolled over and gave Victoria what she wanted.

I didn't see any indication that Michael wasn't on board for declaring Christian the winner. I don't believe the guest judges really hold any merit as far as choosing the winner is concerned. They are there as fluff/ celebrity eye candy and while they do give their opinions, I don't believe that they'd choose a winner based on what that particular celebrity's tastes are.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I liiked this season, and what I liked was that the contestants were civil to one another (other than the occassional Victorya eye-roll and the Rami and Sweet-Pea fiasco....which they both seemed to overcome.

I also like how graciously everyone lost! They were mature about it and looked at the positives rather than the negatives. I was especially impressed by Rami. Apparently he is a very successful designer already, and he could have been walking around with a huge ego nor did he sulk when he didn't win. Rami has a great sense of self. I like that about him.

You have to give it up for all three. All three collections were fabulous! I LOVED the show tonight. Christian put on the best act in the fashion "show" tonight. The pieces presented on the runway are not meant to be sold "off the rack", it is more of a vision of the designer. Although Jillian and Rami did not win, they are both so talented and the exposure they received on the show has earned both great respect from the fashion world. I'm sure job offers are pouring in for all three! As for personalities during the season, Christian was the only designer that kept the show interesting enough to keep tuning in each week. I miss the personalities and the dynamics of Santino, Andre and Nick of Season Two. As for Victoria Beckham, she is the epitome of "high fashion", they couldnt have ordered a more appropriate judge for tonights finale. Bravo to Bravo for an excellent show! I cant wait to learn more about the contestants clothing lines.

Yes, Chris did describe his finale collection as "goth".
    But so did Christian.
    In his interview with Tim while talking about his inspiration (during Tim's visits to the designer's homes).
    Christian also mentioned it a few times in published interviews.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2826769;
    You have to give it up for all three. All three collections were fabulous! I LOVED the show tonight. Christian put on the best act in the fashion "show" tonight. (clip)
    Agreed. There was no Wendy Pepper this year. Neither was there a disappointing collection to bring things down, like Santino's or Michael Knight's. It was a battle between 3 strong, deserving collections, which is something new for a PR finale. It felt good!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Fierce! Christian looked so vulnerable on the judging runway, I wanted to give him a hug. Not my taste, but for sheer creativity he deserved the win.

I love Jillian's designs and I loved a couple of Rami's looks. This finale showing of fashions was awsome. I think it was so much better than previous years.

I laughed when Tim presented Christian with the keys to the Saturn...mainly because I wondered if Christian could drive.

Good Season - Great Final Show!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What a wonderful and diverse finale for Project Runway!!

Overall I think all 3 designers did a great job, though I would have like Jillian's to be a little more cohesive, Rami's without the bright blue and red, and Christian's with a few less ruffles.

That being said each collection had outfits I loved.......The evening pantsuit of Jillian's I would definitely wear, the black evening dress of Rami's, and the feathered creation of Christian's (which I would never wear) were all fabulous!

As for the winner, though he was not my fav through the season, I think the judges made the right decision ~ it was a runway show and Christian designed clothes for the runway. Kudos to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2826776;
    Yes, Chris did describe his finale collection as "goth".
    But so did Christian.
    In his interview with Tim while talking about his inspiration (during Tim's visits to the designer's homes).
    Christian also mentioned it a few times in published interviews.

Maybe I WASN'T seeing/hearing things, then!?!

+ Reply to Thread